Black screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember now!
    I had to pm someone "Are you still here or already afk picking up KFC?" to solve it.
    The person who I pm'd then got the screenshot problem though.

Comment

XP seems to have this problem since SP3. You might get an easy fix there by going to classic design, too.

Comment

Classic design of what? How?

I've had SP3 for years and I had no issues until I changed the graphics card.

Comment

Classic design of XP (display/performance settings). No guarantee though. In worst case you might have to set every detail of compatibility by registry or use a VM.

For the why: Might work since Windows won't try to keep its transparency (which allows round corners for buttons) at all costs. New graphics card without support for DirectX below version 9 and NT 4+ kernel (Win XP and up) "guesses" best emulation mode for older software which requires this functionality unless given precise orders, which often leads to problems like messed up colors, black screenshots, blurry fonts and so on. This emulation - since using CPU instead of GPU - is also the cause for rather low FPS on brand new machines. CPU is highly Integer operation optimized while GPU mostly works with Floating Point values and longer operations and CPU also has to handle all of the emulation in this mode.

Comment

Working...
          X