did izor get banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did izor get banned

Antiwarp in spawn is fine if you are using it for legitimate purposes, such as chasing a leviterr, etc. However, if the player is going to sit on a private freq and sit in spawn while not shooting anyone, but more defending himself as he's being chased for having antiwarp in the first place, then no. That is purely game disruption. Considering he was even warned for it and continued to do it after, he was put on notice and could have been respectful enough to fight it a different way. This is not a "reach around" for Rule #13.

If you want to make another solution by having the bot work a certain way, then take that up with KrynetiX. I'm not convinced at all by anyone's arguments.
    could i have a list of everything that you can or can not do, like if i want to full charge myself i can only do it if i am near flag or something.

people buy stuff like epidemic everytime i'm trying to play the flag-game or use a roof-turret on a private lt-freq when i'm chasing the lt, the bot can't die so i will just have to sit there while the levi destroys the entire flag.

pubbux is a system that allows better/older players to dominate the entire pub as much as they want. everyone is using it for their own individual desires and punishing certain players only is considered nothing less than abuse of staff power.
    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

There is no way to give a full list of all hypothetical situations that you can or cannot do in public. Yes, people use roofturret and epidemic, but those are prized by the bot and affect everyone equally. However, when you are given a special item, such as super or antiwarp, it is under your full control on when and where to use it.

Simply put, Izor's use of antiwarp is more akin to using super to recklessly teamkill everyone in flagroom regardless if the enemy was in the flagroom at the same time or not. You have to use the item prized to you with care, not use it to troll or abuse privileges associated with the item. Antiwarp is one of the most useful tools in hunting down LTs, etc. There is no reason to limit it when only a certain few abuse the privilege of having antiwarp in the first place. It is the same with prizing super. There is no need to remove or limit prizing of super when only a few people use it recklessly.

Full charges or other items are given to the person and are meant to be handled with care. I would be really hard pressed to find that prizing yourself full charges would inhibit game play at all to warrant any ban. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to find people's true intentions or motives when using prizes such as super or antiwarp. It's quite simple: use your common sense.

This is not contesting any ban that applies to you, but is a worthwhile discussion of what should be changed in regards to !buys. It is moved to SSCU Trench Wars main discussion forums for this reason.
    sigpic

Comment

While Izor was ‘making a point’ this is little reason to ban him IMO. What he did was not illegal. I also do not buy into the ‘take that up with KrynetiX’ crap. Was he ‘disrupting the game’? Many would say yes but that is open for debate. But many would also say that players like Tower disrupts pub more with his endless cut and paste trash. Frankly TW also looked the other way for years when people intentionally ‘disrupted’ pub by doing stupid things in pub. IMO having PL show up occasionally, climb into a private freq. LT and rain b9ombs down on competitive flag room battle is ‘disruptive’. IMO pub bucks and ?buy win is ‘disruptive’. IMO kill-a-thons were disruptive. IMO having Pink decide to publish holiday maps weeks before the holiday because ‘I wanted to get into the holiday mood’ was ‘disruptive’’ to pub.
      Point is the ‘disruptive’ rule is totally subjective. As such extra attention and care needs to be exercised to apply it consistently across the board. It obviously can be abused, anyone could be accused of ‘disruptive’ behavior. A big issue with this rule is that it forces a real time subjective decision. This is not like breaking a cheating rule, when suspicions can be checked and verified before making the call to ban.

While I do not support Wark making this point in this way but now is not the time to be flexing staff muscles. Unban him, change the stupid antiwarp settings so this can’t happen, and revisit the subjective ‘disruptive’ rule. Simply put, this single rule is causing more animosity than any other. People see how open ended it can be and this only serves to increase the gap between players and staff.
      eph

Comment

so I can have antiwarp in spawn if i am hunting a levi, and openly declare that as my intent.

seems like a pretty big loophole you cant actually do anything about based on your declaration in izor's thread.
        Either dont make it illegal, or flat out create a rule against antiwarp in spawn. you must do one or the other to end this debate.
        Last edited by Shaddowknight; 10-09-2013, 04:21 PM. Reason: Hate my phone's onscreen keyboard...
        Former TW Staff

Comment

(KrynetiX)>the bot will soon remove your anti if you turn it on in center
          (KrynetiX)>i don't know why you got banned for something that wasn't a rule yet

I took it up with KrynetiX. I think most of the people posting that this is bullshit are on staff as well. Where is someone that is truly in charge to make some sort of leadership decision? The subjective use of 'disruptive' behavior is just going to drive people away. This is a clear case of staff abuse just like 4o. It's just that nobody else in staff has the balls to do anything about it.
          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
            (KrynetiX)>the bot will soon remove your anti if you turn it on in center
            (KrynetiX)>i don't know why you got banned for something that wasn't a rule yet

I took it up with KrynetiX. I think most of the people posting that this is bullshit are on staff as well. Where is someone that is truly in charge to make some sort of leadership decision? The subjective use of 'disruptive' behavior is just going to drive people away. This is a clear case of staff abuse just like 4o. It's just that nobody else in staff has the balls to do anything about it.
            Should just recognize a lost cause when you see one and quit like almost anyone important has izor, pretty soon they will be banning bots in an empty zone for spamming elim messages for the powertrip they crave.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

So if people can get banned for game disruption, why wasn't "Cat in the Asshat" banned for deliberately making teams uneven 8 hours-a-day by team-switching to the bigger team during low-pop hours? That required much more effort to ruin the game.

Comment

I was the one that banned Izor. I warned him for doing something he shouldn't and told him he would be banned. He did it anyway. Where's the issue? The rule itself? Players spawning should have to kill someone before they can attach to help their team? No thanks. Case closed. Until the rule is formally legitimized, you'll just have to deal with being banned after being informed by a warning. I am the leadership and here's my decision. Now get over it.

Comment

most zones deprize anti immediately upon touching safe to prevent faggots like izor from disrupting the game
                  we havnt had to do it because we havnt had faggots like izor yet and it hasnt been an issue
                  The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                  SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

I shouldn't have to shipchange to be able to kill an x thats hunting me but its not 'disruptive' to the game. Good leadership maybe thats why the population has been declining for so long
                    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

this is a pretty shitty ban that really reflects the incompetence of staff. honestly don't understand the reasoning you idiots use in making some of these decisions and then you have the nerves to try and justify it.

putrid.
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

fuck staff, fuck this game

Comment

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

I am going to turn on antiwarp in spawn and declare I am preemptively stopping the creation of LTs, thus preventing the need to actually hunt them.

Everybody wins (except the LTs)!
                            duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

well, the bot will now remove it if you activate it in spawn. No warning, no refund.
                              Pub no longer is anyone can do anything, time to return pure pub, ban lts, and return the (better) levi that fiS and Demonic worked on.
                              I dont see this as a positive change, as lts are now safe to escape through a large section of pub when being chased.
                              Its just stupid, welcome to EG.
                              Former TW Staff

Comment

Working...
                              X