TWD conglomerate squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD conglomerate squad

Not sure whether this has been suggested before or not...anyways...

The suggestion is simple: every new player (fresh IP/computer ID) is auto-registered on one, big designated TWD squad. Non-squadded players already registered on TWD would also be added to the squad. When a player leaves his squad, he is automatically added to the big squad after a week (say) of squadlessness.

The squad would be capped by active members of staff.

Hopefully it would accelerate the transition most players go through in progressing from pub -> base/javduel/wbduel -> twd -> twl, whilst providing more competitiveness/activity for already existing squads.

Seems to me like we still have a decent(ish) pool of players but a good portion aren't really engaging with the zone because of the barriers of TWD registration/getting onto a TWD squad.
    Yes
    45.00%
    No
    55.00%
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Originally posted by MHz View Post
    the problem can't be part of the solution
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Not sure whether this has been suggested before or not...anyways...

The suggestion is simple: every new player (fresh IP/computer ID) is auto-registered on one, big designated TWD squad. Non-squadded players already registered on TWD would also be added to the squad. When a player leaves his squad, he is automatically added to the big squad after a week (say) of squadlessness.

Hopefully it would accelerate the transition most players go through in progressing from pub -> base/javduel/wbduel -> twd -> twl, whilst providing more competitiveness/activity for already existing squads.

Seems to me like we still have a decent(ish) pool of players but a good portion aren't really engaging with the zone because of the barriers of TWD registration/getting onto a TWD squad.
      Mhz,

That's a good suggestion actually. Right now staff is working closely on something similar to this, which will assist in transitioning the new players out of Pub, and giving them more knowledge about the competitive side of the game. I assure you that we are working really hard to find ways, and TW players like you commenting and giving us legit ideas, really does help. Appreciate your time, and efforts. Your suggestion won't go unnoticed.

Be blessed,
      Slick

Comment

We can't force newplayers onto a squad. Having it as part of the tutorial, however, is not out of the question.
        Former TW Staff

Comment

You can always let people figure shit out for themselves.
          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

The idea is good, don't just force them into a squad tho just make the option to join it available and easy, and don't make it seem like some gay shit like "our zone is dying plz join our offical tw pure fun squad" No make it competitive, make it a way for pubbers to get noticed by squad caps, make it seem like its a way to get feedback on their skills in relation to others, reward players who do good on the squad to give them ego, start rivalries, make it prestigious.

and most importantly do NOT let any of the current staffers cap this squad, itll be the most boring shit ever known to man. I'll gladly volunteer for capping newbs, but i doubt staff will accept my help

Comment

actually i changed my mind its an awful idea, its not staffs job to do this, if you want newer players to play twd, then go to pub and recruit them, take some initiative homo.

Comment

If I was forced into a squad, I'd never play the zone again... though with the current pub settings, that's not really going to change much right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                  You can always let people figure shit out for themselves.
                  That would of been fine back in the day, Izor.. But, that was a different generation of players brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick View Post
                    That would of been fine back in the day, Izor.. But, that was a different generation of players brother.
                    Yeah, kids these days are spoiled gamers.
                    Former TW Staff

Comment

Or.... and just consider this for a moment... they DON'T WANT TO BE ON A SQUAD, and don't want to play league or those rubbish elim-style events you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by jim the chin View Post
                        Or.... and just consider this for a moment... they DON'T WANT TO BE ON A SQUAD, and don't want to play league or those rubbish elim-style events you mentioned.
                        i'm starting to figure out why you don't go by "jim the brain"
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by jim the chin View Post

jim the chin,

If you're referring to new players and squadding, it's probably the best idea to get them involved in a squad. Helps them build interest for the game, and that's where the social part of this game kicks in for them. Although you are entitled to your own opinion, which is appreciated! But, from what I've seen it's a more effective way of dealing with new players to build interest and such. Thanks for reading.

Aye,
                          Slick

Comment

Originally posted by Slick View Post
                            jim the chin,

If you're referring to new players and squadding, it's probably the best idea to get them involved in a squad. Helps them build interest for the game, and that's where the social part of this game kicks in for them. Although you are entitled to your own opinion, which is appreciated! But, from what I've seen it's a more effective way of dealing with new players to build interest and such. Thanks for reading.

Aye,
                            Slick
                            Well the original post said new players and non-squadded players already registered for TWD. How do you categorize new players? Anyone not on a TWD squad? If you start logging IPs you have to start at some point in time. I've played TW for a long time but never played TWD, so will I be signed up? I think I may have briefly joined a squad for a league here but the leader was a prick so I left without playing any matches.

By forcing people onto squads you could lose as many players as you attract into league.

Comment

I'm not too sure why people would think a brand new player wouldn't want to be forced into a squad. I mean if they have no knowledge of the game- it shouldn't effect their feelings if their in a squad or not. It would actually be a bonus to them as they should recognise that squads exist: cool I'm in a squad, what does this mean? Hopefully they will understand that squads can vs other squads before they leave. The only problem is, this idea needs to include them being forced or prompted on the squad chat so they see on the chat that people wanna play a squad match etc. without the squad chat, they won't know they are in a squad even though they may have a squad tag etc.

This idea is fine but on its own new players still won't know they are in a squad unless there was a mini tutorial telling them 'welcome! You in currently in the squad _____ meaning u can play squad vs squad battles!!! Type ?chat=_____ to talk to ur buddies!' Etc
                              1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Working...
                              X