Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make Double Squadding Legal! Yes I actually am saying this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always double/squad without any issues until staff finds out and bans you. I think you should allow it as people d/s anyway and there is no way in stopping it reckful and you know just moderating it won't help. I've helped jessup many times while doublesquading obviously I won't play my 1st squad but I will play other squads, and thats how it worked.
    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

They are on the twd ladder, not the twl ladder. They will not be given a TWL invite, no matter what their place on the ladder is.
      The point is, letting newer players play alongside a few better players will help them improve better than playing AGAINST better players. Those select players who are allowed to d/s are there to help those players, and I feel this way is an acceptable way to allow a few players to assist newbie squads without forcing them to negelct their own TWL desires. I don't feel like reseting those names for TWL is a good move though. You are basically killing those newplayer squads by doing it as any vet that can make it to a twl squad will jump ship and abandon the newbie squad.
      Former TW Staff

Comment

Kill Double Squadding and Reduce Aliasing in TWD

Provide Trench wars with identity.

I firmly believe though that it is a horrible mistake to proceed with double squadding in twd.

I log in and I see that 3 vs 3 twds are now the norm. That squads looking for matches for hours is the norm.
        I have players I dont even like messaging me "come help trenchwars get active, we need vets to play"

As a vet I have no interest in playing in a league full of aliasers, double squadders.

Aliasing can be friendly and fun for some - especially newbs. For others it has a dark undercurrent where players figure they can get on a new nick and act like a jackass. Squads full of jackasses= no identity no rivarly.

Trenchwars used to be a competitive fun zone. A place where players put competition and rivarly up there, combined with fun and laidback play as well. That element is missing more now then ever.

Comment

honestly this 3 vs 3 thing is horrible. not sure if it has increased activity and no way to even determine that since staff doesn't monitor population statistics after implementing significant changes. 5 vs 5 feels like deathmatch now. i feel that people are barely active as it is and most of them are already on squads with people they want to play with. i think a better step to consider is allowing the wait time between joining squads to be 12 hours instead of 24 hours. that would probably still get you the same results as allowing DSing considering activity and interest levels currently and would be easier to manage.
          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
            Oh the irony. I start a thread about the idea of double squadding and wind up going against its implementation. Only because it's twl. It is messing up the balance of the ladder for certain squads going for TWL. I didn't ask you to fix anything really. I just am saying its causing an imbalance.

God bless him but 24 went like 24-8 against us in a jd while the rest of play went 3-10 and we lose points. It is a lose lose for lower tier squads attempting to go for TWL. It's either lose to top 6 squads who own them or lose to bottom "player" squads being carried by a few vets. Losing points to squads who are not even in twl but on a twl ladder? The logic just isn't making sense to me. I don't know what to do but I feel for the lower tier squads this is effecting negatively.

How about remove them from the twl ladder completely or only allow positive points to be distributed to squads who beat them. Give the player squads a "virtual ladder" during twl so they can so how they would be doing if they were on a real twl squad. Anyways.. I'm done on this for now. ..
            I don't mean to be an ass, but if you can't beat a lineup with 1 vet and 2-3 new players in, what chance to do you have in twl vs 5 vets?
            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Ricko I'm not talking about winning TWL I'm talking about qualifying. There are always bottom tier underdog teams and I'm often on them lol :S. It's about getting to twl. If it's only about winning then just let 3 or 4 squads play it cause that's usually how it winds up. Paladen right now is super depleted of players too because everyone who was good and loyal quit the game. For us it was never really about winning but participating and having fun. Of course we try but our talent level has never equaled top tier squads. Plus midway through quali's most decent players like being on a top 5 squad but once twl starts and some realize they aren't going to be starters many leave and strengthen lower squads in order to be able to play. You never know how things can wind up. Paladen is recruiting btw
              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Looking at the ladder currently, Paladen should be able to oust Revenge for a LD spot. Revenge might not even qualify so I wouldn't worry about it too much Jessup. Basically just make sure to keep beating unsavory, laser, and play and you should be fine lol.

wat time dx join paladen 2 help them qualify
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

One

Two

This on?
                  GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

ehhh hit em with dat triple xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Ya cres if we all can stay sane we probably ok. I guess it is what it is this year.

Dx in da house! what time for dx , dx halp :laugh:
                      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

ima be back Jessup and ima win twl son
                        https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend