Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback for TWChat Android App

Thumbs up Feedback for TWChat Android App

Hey,

Creating this thread to get some feedback from you guys regarding the announcement of our Android App:
    http://forums.trenchwars.net/announcement.php?a=52

If you've not heard, we've released an Android App that allows you to connect to SSCU Trench Wars from your Android Phone. See the above link on all the details!

Please make sure that do you '?help I want to use TWChat!' and a SMod will add you (one name per player)

So what do you think of the App? Is it something you would use daily? weekly? monthly? never? I want your feedback!

If you have any questions, post them here and I'll get back to you!

Cheers
    Last edited by Dezmond; 11-27-2013 at 07:12 AM.

My Member isn't Junior
    Dez,
    Thank you for your efforts.
    I admit that I do not fully understand the ‘upside’ when it comes to helping the zone. While I guess any new feature could be considered a generally ‘good’ thing perhaps you could better describe what you see as the primary benefits. For example, is this anticipated to bring more players (new or old) into the zone?
    On the flip side, will these chats consume additional staff resources to maintain and monitor? And are we sure that these ‘chat-only’ apps won’t lean on the servers too hard?
    Thanks in advance for your reply.
    eph

Great effort, great feature.

Love you!

awesome dezmond mason

will try it soon
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Zone Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    Dez,
    I admit that I do not fully understand the ‘upside’ when it comes to helping the zone. While I guess any new feature could be considered a generally ‘good’ thing perhaps you could better describe what you see as the primary benefits. For example, is this anticipated to bring more players (new or old) into the zone?
    On the flip side, will these chats consume additional staff resources to maintain and monitor? And are we sure that these ‘chat-only’ apps won’t lean on the servers too hard?
    eph
    (I know this wasn't directed towards me, but would like to respond to it anyhow)
    It keeps players in touch, and interested.
    As his announcement states, we had outsourced this project, so a minimal amount of staff resources was required. The servers should be fine. I'm not sure if a large number of people on it at once will have any effect, but time will tell, and if it does, I am sure it will be adjusted and fixed either from the app or from our server's side of things.
    I do say, it'll be nice to be able to log on and chat and do other stuff when I'm traveling.
    Of course, I do see there being more positives for some people than others. There's plenty of staffing work that can be done without being in a ship, even simple things like starting base games are possible.
    Former TW Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dezmond View Post
    Hey,

Creating this thread to get some feedback from you guys regarding the announcement of our Android App:
    http://forums.trenchwars.net/announcement.php?a=52

If you've not heard, we've released an Android App that allows you to connect to SSCU Trench Wars from your Android Phone. See the above link on all the details!

So what do you think of the App? Is it something you would use daily? weekly? monthly? never? I want your feedback!

If you have any questions, post them here and I'll get back to you!

Cheers
    awesome yo but ive got an iphone

We will be porting this over to iOS (iphone) soon as well, after we've received enough feedback on our Android app etc. And if there's enough interest for an iphone version ofcourse!
    SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop
    TWL Advisor

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
    24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
    1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

2:JITB> we never jd when im on
    Mambo vs. Disoblige will start here in 30 seconds
    (MatchBot10)>A game of 4vs4 TWJD versus Disoblige will start in ?go twjd3 in 30 seconds
    2:M_M God> LOL OWNED

Candy King, -C4L-

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    Dez,
    eph
    Hey Eph,
    The main reason that I had this ported to Android was to give an incentive for old vets to login once in a while, without the need of having a computer and downloading Continuum. The description of the App in the play store will be appealing to new players too I hope, as they might try out the game which would be great. I think this will bring more old players back than new players, but it's hard to say at this point.

Regarding the staff resources, this won't increase the workload (except for SMods!). Normal rules apply for racism etc. It won't increase the load of the server by much (if at all). The server still thinks this is a normal player (which it is), just without ships etc. So I guess you could say that it puts less load on the server, as it doesn't need to check for ship packets.

A lot of players loved the Web-Chat (even had users Jailbreak their iOS to run it on iPhone) - it's been dead for a while but coming to Christmas, hopefully this is a nice present

Tell your friends about it!

Thanks

Just wanted to so thanks to Dez for helping out the game. Next step would have to be making SS playable on portable devices.....(not just chat)

I would like to try it, but for some odd reason my 8 year old flip phone can't use apps.....
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Just got to try it out for a bit and it's pretty awesome. Was able to chat while taking a shit and while driving to pick up some chinese food. The interface between arenas/chat/players is flawless. I like how you can click on a person and have it set you up for PM. Also seems like there's no lag at all since I was able to chat and respond in real-time regardless of where I was with or without wifi.

The only issue (it's not even an issue) is when I didn't look at the app for about 15 min and then checked at the player's list, it wasn't updated (I could still see the chat though.) This isn't even a problem though since all I had to do was re-enter the arena.

I'll probably just stay logged in all the time on my phone so I can creep at chat whenever I get bored. It also doesn't seem to take up much battery life either.

Hopefully more people use the app even if they don't log on just to add more heads to the community. I always felt like it was more important to focus on keeping our current player base interested and active as opposed to trying to bring in new players if we want this game to survive. Apps like this will do that. Pro app Dez, 10/10. Give this kid some donation money.
    Helios> this girl at the bar i meet we went home she was like eat my pussy i was liek go shower she came back out was liek ready am like who the fuck are u what hapopen to the other girl

i keep getting "unsuccessful login (server busy, try later)"
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Tried to login, doesn't work. Error message says

"Received bi-directional packet 0x07 from server (ordered to DC)"

On a Sprint LG Optimus G (LG LS970) on Android 4.1.2 rooted

i got that a couple times too when i tried as cres and crescent seal....with an alias i saw the server is busy message

Hey,

Can both of you try again when you have a chance?

Cres - use 'Cres', I added that on to the list.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanEXE View Post
    Tried to login, doesn't work. Error message says

"Received bi-directional packet 0x07 from server (ordered to DC)"
    same thing
    verizon samsung galaxy nexus
    1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
    Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
    1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
    1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
    beam> stfu tsunami
    Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
    beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
    Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Are you guys sending a help message asking to use TWChat? We need to add you on our end to use it, if you don't let us know then you can't use it.

Inf - I added you, try again.

Thanks

tried on cres still not working. getting the server too busy message.

When sending a message, or reciving a message its kinda annoyng to type out the username all the time. Hoping that is fixed soon. Other than that I got no issues so far with it. Good job Dez
    TWLD Champion 2014
    TWDTB Champion 2013
    TWDTB Champion 2016
    TWDTB Champion 2017
    -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Seal View Post
    tried on cres still not working. getting the server too busy message.
    Ok - try leaving it for a few hours. Usually you get that message if you have been locked out due to too many tries so the server blocks the IP (in this case the phone IP).

What phone do you have btw?

htc evo