Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't log in

Help Please.

Today, I was lagging so I logged out from the game and when I immediately tried to log into the game only ONCE, I got a msg stating that I had failed to log in too many times and that I should wait a few minutes and try again.

This was about 10 hours ago.

I did not try to login at any point with invalid login info multiple times for this error to occur.

I have uniinstalled continuum and re-installed and that didn't change anything.

Please help,
    Thanks

Also I'd like to add that this all occurred when the server was up.

Comment

It's an issue tied to either your machine or IP. I'm not sure which the billing server uses. Do your share your PC with anyone else who plays? Or even share internet with them?
      It shouldn't happen from JUST one login attempt. If you have access to another computer, try resetting your router (to get a fresh IP just in case) and try logging into a new name to see if you can.
      Former TW Staff

Comment

Someone is prob trying to hack your account
        Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
          It's an issue tied to either your machine or IP. I'm not sure which the billing server uses. Do your share your PC with anyone else who plays? Or even share internet with them?
          It shouldn't happen from JUST one login attempt. If you have access to another computer, try resetting your router (to get a fresh IP just in case) and try logging into a new name to see if you can.
          I went to bed, tried to log in just now and it still doesn't work. TWL is in a couple of hours. I don't share a PC with anyone who plays, nor do I share internet. I get my internet here from Time Warner Cable.

Yea, I know it shouldn't happen with JUST one attempt, nor should it last to the point where it locks me out for a whole day.

Even if I could log into another computer, my whole setup for twld is on this machine.

I'm going to try to restart my router and log into a different name and see if that works.

will check back

Comment

I think the error is neither tied to my machine nor IP in this instance. (or it still can be, but there are other factors at play with the billing server) The reason being, when I tried log into TWCHAT using the android app (i just downloaded it), the first error I received was something that said something about a "bi-directional packet." The error msg was too fast to copy. The 2nd time I tried logging in on TWCHAT, it just said I timed out.

In this case, I'm using a different machine (my cell phone) off of a different internet source (my cell phone carrier) and it still doesn't work. Is there someone that has access to billing server? please help

Comment

First thing about tw-chat, you need to have a smod approve your name for it before you can log on.
              As for resetting IP, I didn't think that would work, so the login count is tied to your pc and not IP address.
              For access to billing server, you have to talk to the billing Ops (spacehiker, mom, and the like). There's literally 0 we can do in TW to help with this issue.
              Former TW Staff

Comment

shaddow, thanks for your help, so my question is how do i get in contact with spacehiker, mom, and the like? I sent in a ticket to billing support, I was wondering if there was anything else I could do?

Comment

Have a friend talk to them in-game and see if they can actually do something first. If they won't do anything, then there's really nothing that can be done to help.

If you did migrate to another computer for the day, you could copy your profile.dat. macro.dat and keyboard.dat to the other pc, which will copy over your macros/settings/keydefs. That should at least get you to log in to play. I would still be safe and use a fresh username just in case billing server links it to the name as well.
                  Former TW Staff

Comment

bidirectional packet was because zone told you to disconnect because of bad pw
                    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

and heres his third post with the probable solution
                      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

This is a good example on why tw needs more experience at the top, because anyone that has been around a while and actually knows the players would know that the name COLLOSSUS has been passed around and exchanged more times than almost any name. Probably almost as much as the name K A N E. Obviously its not a guarantee but I'd bet that one of the dingledoinks that used to own the name changed the password on you, which would explain why it only took 1 login to tell you that you are using bad info.
                        1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                        Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Hey man, I spoke to Mom for you and basically there is nothing they can do about it. Even a ticket being sent isn't going to get answered for a few days so it's not looking good for you as far as TWL is concerned for tonight. It's one of two things (assuming no one changed your password) 1. apparently the server can be a bitch sometimes and you just have to wait it out, I stated you've been waiting in excess of 12 hours yet the waiting times can be random. 2. someone is fucking with you intentionally and has locked your name out for a substantial period of time, Mom confirmed this is possible so it could be someone from Wolf.. LOL

Anyway you're not alone apparently and Mom is looking into things, just try and refrain from attempting to log in for atleast 12-24 hours. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobey View Post
                            Hey man, I spoke to Mom for you and basically there is nothing they can do about it. Even a ticket being sent isn't going to get answered for a few days so it's not looking good for you as far as TWL is concerned for tonight. It's one of two things (assuming no one changed your password) 1. apparently the server can be a bitch sometimes and you just have to wait it out, I stated you've been waiting in excess of 12 hours yet the waiting times can be random. 2. someone is fucking with you intentionally and has locked your name out for a substantial period of time, Mom confirmed this is possible so it could be someone from Wolf.. LOL

Anyway you're not alone apparently and Mom is looking into things, just try and refrain from attempting to log in for atleast 12-24 hours. Hope it gets sorted soon.
                            I bet you it's someone from Wolf. I actually own the name Collossus and it hasn't been passed around nor would they be able to hack my pw. It's funny how that team is so scared of me playing that they will do this. It's even crazier that there's loopholes where it's actually possible. Whoever did this should be banned for at least a year. Thanks mobey.

Comment

Working...
                            X