• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 18: TWLB Official Hot or Not - Week 2

Revenge vs Dudgeon
    15:00 - 7:48

Dudgeon Lineup:
    Mikkiz(terr), Downfall/nokkonen(sharks), gilder/Leitz/Melanoma/Sakke(spiders),Zizzo(spider,warbird,jav)

Revenge Lineup:
    Hydride(terr), menelvagor/rodney(sharks), Eelam/hellkite/megalo/squallFF8/Steep(spiders)

I was wrong, I predicted that Dudgeon would win but Revenge showed a good line and played like pros. Even though Dudgeon got plenty of practice time in this week, (10 TWD games in the last few days); Revenge showed up an hour before the game, played a single BD beforehand, and pretty much dominated the game.
    Revenge took the flag room at the 1:45 mark and set up their cram. Dungeon broke it easily but were unable to make much an impact in the flag room battles. Revenge had their way with Mikkiz; Hellkite, Hydride, and Steep each killed him twice while Eelam and Megalo sent him to spawn once each. The sharking for each team was competent; but the Revenge spider’s teamwork and timing was the real the difference in this game. They not only took care of business with the weaker Dudgeon spiders but also kept the heat on Mikkiz. Megalo put up the best spider record but we are going to have to give this week’s “hot” to the entire Revenge spider line; their deep experience really was really on display and something that few people thought would be so domineering this early in the season.

Hot of the game: All Revenge spiders
    Not of the game: Sakke, barely broke even when Dudgeon desperately needed spider power

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enemy vs. Value
    15:00 – 6:47

Enemy Lineup:
    porkjet(terr), JJ Cale/Krage(sharks), Jurassic/M_M god/skatarius/trance(spiders), Trasher(warbird,jav), Cranium(shark,warbird)

Value Lineup:
    Solske/Waxy(terr), Commando/War(sharks), plob#f/renzi/ricko/schope/waxy(spiders),ivf(spider,jav)

The prediction was for Enemy to win this 15-6 and that was exactly how it went down. I didn’t watch much of this game but Enemy appeared to have little trouble handling Value, even while playing specials and having some lag out issues. Trasher had his way with 5 terrier kills and Porkjet owned for the better part of the game. The Enemy sharks, JJ and Krage, played solid game. Jurassic, M_M, skatarius, and Trance all also had a strong games with each gathering a terrier kill and high kill ratios.
    Value was overwhelmed early and started taking chances that didn’t pay off. The sharks tried a few risky mines/bombs that didn’t pay off and their spiders simply didn’t have the firepower needed.

Hot: Porkjet, spiders and Trasher played well but Porkjet really shined
    Not: Ivf, needed to step up but played ‘somewhat less than ideal’
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dice vs. Warhable
    15:00 – 0:45

Dice Lineup:
    maketso(terr), jamal/confluence(sharks), kess/panama/temporary/wbm(spiders), megaman(jav)

Warhable Lineup:
    Shaddowknight(terr,shark), executed/fakiiri(sharks), kyler (terr,shark) mci/blahhy/nanto/sir chrono/thewadorooster(spiders)

Predicted an easy Dice win 15-2 and this was about what transpired. The Dice spider-work was incredible, they seemed to use homing bullets and between them all they died only 46 times the entire game. That means wbm, temporary, panama, and kess died the same amount of times that Blahhy did. Wow. Just wow.
    The owning did not stop at the spiders, Megaman89 might as well have been shooting fish in a barrel. He was able to get off shot after shot, several of which were teamfers. Maketso terriered well but it could be that he dozed off a time or two out of sheer boredom. Confluence and Jamal had a cakewalk and Confluence’s 3.3 RPD was notable.
    Warhable will need more playing time together but whether or not they can field a competitive team TWL is still unknown. Dice was simply overwhelming but how could every single Warhable spider have gone neg? Sharks did not have good timing (completely disrupted by Dice spider power and Mega owning) and Shaddow had virtually no chance to do anything other than try to stay alive.

Hot: Kess and Panama- 123 kills between them
    Not: mci and Sir Chrono

Pandora vs. Fierce
    15:00 – 11:35

Pandora Lineup:
    Ogron/Cape(terr), VA/zidane(sharks), dreamwin/ease/hulk/mcvicar/sarger(spiders)

Fierce Lineup:
    Mythrandir(terr), LF/liz(sharks), dez nuts/diakka/last standing/murder/tomatospiders(spiders)

I predicted that Pandora would win this 15-11 and this is how it turned out. This turned out to be the best game of the week although one had the feeling that Pandora had control through the better part of the game. The game opened with a decent flag room battle for the first 3 minutes. Hulk and Ease finally clear under and this allowed Pandora to sweep the FR clean. Fierce came right back and quickly broke Pandora’s cram but lost the flag room; the next flag room battle kept the score close at 6-5.
    Fierce came roaring back, broke the Pandora cram. Thanks to a nice Diakka shot from cram that took out Ogron as he approached the FR entrance, Fierce managed to tie the game at 9 - 9.
    But Pandora would have none of that and thanks to good pushing they re-entered the flag room without much trouble. Mythrandir ate a zidane bomb and limped to the ear to try to recover but Pandora took advantage sent them packing.
    Fierce’s sharks were not displaying the good timing they needed; even worse was Fierce’s spider work under. Last Standing played a solid game but Pandora outplayed them in both positions and it paid off in the later parts of this game; they held the flag room for the last 5-6 minutes without much effort. Dreamwin and sarger played well but the under play of Ease and Hulk made a substantial difference. Mcvicar, VA, and zidane all played solid games. Ogron was competent and Cape also put in some quality minutes.

Hot: Ease, pushed very well exactly when needed
    Not: LF and liz, neither played as well as they normally do

Hot of the week: Eelam/hellkite/megalo/squallFF8/Steep
    Honorable mention: Kess and Panama

Not of the week: LF/liz

Honorable mention: Ivf

eph
    Last edited by Ephemeral; 01-20-2014, 05:54 AM. Reason: fixed mistake in Value lineup

Pandora re-entered the flag room without much trouble....Fierce’s sharks were not displaying the good timing they needed... they held the flag room for the last 5-6 minutes without much effort....Not: LF and liz, neither played as well as they normally do

Not of the week: LF/liz
    Did you even actually watch this game? Im not making excuses, we lost because we lost and despite having 2 warbirds fill in for 2 no-call/no-show basers we put up a pretty decent fight I think. Keep in mind that we are a relative non-contender in this league holding up well against the stacked basing squads, especially after a win week 1 against a powerhouse squad and staying tied through 20 minutes against another powerhouse squad in week 2. We had an awful lot of doas today as a result of corner camping, 17 on just me looking back at my logs but there was NOTHING wrong with our timing. Liz and I play well together, and despite his limited TWL background I feel my shark partner has performed at an allstar level thus far especially given the supporting cast he has to work with. I also had as many kills as the other 3 sharks combined today. In regards to your "without much effort", they had to sub in Cape the last 5 minutes to avoid the embarrassment of losing to warbirds, and we still gave them a good fight in cram right up until the end. Also, none of our crams lasted less than 3 minutes which I think is ok considering we "were not timing". 1 or 2 very small changes to our spider line and this could have very well gone the other way. God forbid you gave the "Not of the week" to one or all of the 9 spiders who went negative this week instead of to the team that was supposed to lose anyways

Edit: Also mind you that liz and I got zero credit last week for the win against revenge despite my 2 teks (Which leads all of twlb fyi) in less than 8 minutes, but we get blamed for losing a game we were supposed to lose to begin with? Fucks sake that is retarded and yes I am butthurt because my niners lost
    1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
    Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

yeah, LF and meno played well and our over got destroyed. Good writeup though.

Comment

Tell us how you really feel lf
        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
        DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
        DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
        DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
        1:waven> is if im going to prison
        1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Want to add I completely agree with the not of the week, great write-up eph
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
          1:waven> is if im going to prison
          1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

I missed our game cause I got locked out from continuum. I was in a base game and I started lagging/spiking really badly so I went and restarted my comp but it took at least 5 minutes for the sign in screen for actually pop up. Tried signing in the app chat but server was too busy, i kept trying but it didn't work. Tried on desktop, game application said I was locked out for a few hours.

gg rip.
            TWLD Champion 2014
            TWDTB Champion 2013
            TWDTB Champion 2016
            TWDTB Champion 2017
            TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
            -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

??? menomena and lf were solid

menomena #1
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

go hawks
                GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

yo heard lf was talking mad shit about me before the game... then goes not of the week, man i bet you're fkn so embarrassed right now

Comment

Man, even I was surprised how well our spiders smashed. We dont have glav/mm god like we did last year.. but damn nice to see that others were able to fill those large shoes very well!

Good writeup, eph.
                    1:Hydride> who we play next week
                    1:ReNdErED> Pandora
                    1:ReNdErED> gulp
                    1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
                    1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
                    1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
                    1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
                    1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

ermm, where did you make that Value lineup from? Not a single person in it is on Value....
                      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                        ermm, where did you make that Value lineup from? Not a single person in it is on Value....
                        Ricko,
                        Sorry was a 'cut and paste' mistake, has been fixed.
                        eph

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                          yo heard lf was talking mad shit about me before the game... then goes not of the week, man i bet you're fkn so embarrassed right now
                          Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                          Pandora vs Fierce
                          32 - 50
                          (Game of the week)
                          Not of the game: Zidane 1 - 5 (we know it woulda been 2-10 at best)

Not of the week: Zidane 1-5
                          DEAD
                          1:waven> u challenge
                          1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Good read thanks eph o/
                            Big Chill

Comment

tiny, yea the difference between those is that you wrote that garbage and lf was talking crap on vent 20 mins before the game. just be glad we were letting cape rest his ankles to avoid long term injury or else it woulda been 15-0

Comment

Working...
                              X