• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 18: TWLB Official Hot or Not - Week 3

Pandora vs Dudgeon
    15:00 – 5:59
    Game of the Week

Dudgeon Lineup:
    Mikkiz(terr), Downfall/nokkonen(sharks), apt/gilder/Leitz/nicholas/zizzo/zyclon(spiders)

Pandora Lineup:
    VA(terr), Mattey/zidane(sharks), ease/hulk/mcvicar/turban/ogron(spiders)

Pandora was predicted to win and they did; simply over-powering Dudgeon in both spiders and sharking. Dudgeon started strong and took an early lead with some good flag room play. VA played a conservative terrier while and Mikkiz was forced to play defensively. McVicar, backed up occasionally by Hulk, won many of the ‘under’ battles for Pandora. Pandora also controlled ‘over’; Turb, Ogron, Ease, and Hulk all contributed to the ownership. Mattey threw down a very good game and along with good play from zidane, they outplayed the Dudgeon sharks (Downfall and nokkonen) fairly easily.
    Pandora played the game that most people expected, good spider teamwork and timing and superior sharking. The decision to play VA in terrier surprised some, VA is a competent terrier but not Pandora’s best.
    Pandora came to play but Dudgeon was simply not hitting on all cylinders. Zyclon barely missed going negative and his late game sub, Nicholas, made no difference. Mikkiz’s bursts were largely ineffective (thanks often to well timed reps from Pandora’s sharks) and gilder’s under efforts were simply not enough to keep a determined Pandora push neutralized.

Hot of the game – McVicar/Turb; even though all of Pandora’s spiders played well these two vets proved that you can be old/crusty but still perform well.
    Not- Zyclon; breaking even simply isn’t going to get it done against a team like Pandora
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enemy vs. Warhable
    15:00 – 3:16

Enemy Lineup:
    Krage/porkjet(terr), porkjet/omega red/eph(sharks), BIET/omega red/Krage/Kate Upton/skatarius(spiders), Cranium(Lanc), Trasher(jav)

Warhable Lineup:
    kyler(terr,shark), fakiiri/contempt/nanto/Willby(sharks), fakiiri/frogsk|n/kog5/nanto/shaddowknight/thewadorooster(spiders)

This game was predicted to be non-competitive Enemy win and unfortunately it was. Warhable put on a game face and did what they could with the players they had but the outcome of this game was never in doubt. Enemy toyed with Warhable; Kate Upton was able to bring down kyler almost at will (6 terrier kills for Kate). No point in spending much time on this game, just acknowledging and moving on.

Hot of the game – Cranium; never has anyone worked so hard to get themselves a MVP
    Not of the Game – Cranium; never has anyone worked so hard to get themselves a MVP
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Value vs. Revenge
    15:00 – 6:13

Value Lineup:
    Waxy(terr), Commando/War(sharks), plob#f/dice/ricko/schope/burnt(spiders)

Revenge Lineup:
    Hydride(terr), hellkite/rodney(sharks), cross/megalo/squallFF8/Steep/voth(spiders)

I really blew this one by predicting a Revenge win. Value man-handled Revenge, wtf Revenge? First week Revenge looked bad, second week they look great, this week they fall on their faces again. No one knows which Revenge team will show up each week at this point.
    But this game was not simply about Revenge being bad, Value has sent a message that they should not be taken lightly. Dice, plob#f, burnt and ricko played strongly and had their way with Hydride. Schope put up good numbers enough numbers to take MVP but scored no terrier kills. Waxy and the shark duo of Commando/War put in solid performances.
    It is sometimes hard to dissect exactly what happens when a team collapses. Did the spiders fail because the sharking wasn’t there or were the sharks forced to burn reps because the spiders were laying down enough covering fire? Clearly in this game Hellkite/rodney were not able to get the job done for whatever reason, far too often Revenge appeared to be sharkless. That said, far too often Revenge spiders appears to not be aware of each other’s deaths. In any case, a simply awful game from Revenge.

Hot of the game – Dice; great pushing
    Not of the Game – Voth; non-factor with the neg record and 0 terrier kills

DicE vs. Fierce
    15:00 – 9:04

Dice Lineup:
    Zizu(terr), dwopple/a2m(sharks), cripple/kess/jamal/temporary(spiders), megaman(jav)

Fierce Lineup:
    Mythrandir/Diakka(terr), LF/liz/conspiracy(sharks), diakka/mean gene/murder/ri$e again$t/tj hazuki/tomatospiders(spiders), Mean gene(jav)

This game was predicted a Dice win; Fierce managed a minute more than what was predicted but the game was never really in question. Fierce showed some promise in a few parts of this game, (particularly towards the end when they put diakka in terrier) but Dice exercised control over most of it. LF had some lag issues and had to be subbed out, but the Fierce sharks appeared to be doing their job and held MM to only 2 terrier kills. Myth was kept preoccupied with megaman prowling around on the hunt but Zizu owned it up with 4 terrier kills. Dwopple and a2m played very well and turned in the best shark performances of the weekend. Dice spiders played like everyone knows they can. Megaman had plenty of time to setup shots.
    This was not a blow out, Fierce hung around in this game. If they has made the terrier change to diakka earlier they would have put themselves in a better position steal a win. But Dice clearly felt confident throughout the game. It might be wise for Dice to keep an eye on flag time in these kinds of games, end of the season tie-breaker might become a factor for them.

Hot of the game – Cripple and Zizu; solid games
    Not of the Game – To whomever didn’t make the terrier switch earlier

Hot of the week – Dice; he seemed to be in the zone for pushing at exactly the right times
    Honorable mention: rest of Value, good job

Not of the week – Revenge; come on guys. Get your shit together and bring it like we know you can.
    Honorable mention: Voth
    Last edited by Ephemeral; 01-27-2014, 11:15 AM.

Really appreciate the write-up, eph! I always enjoy reading these.
    7:jerome> wasabi peas
    7:jerome> its like maan i want to eat some peas whilee also experiencing the sensation of ddoing really bad cocaine

Comment

even thought we controlled most of the game, and played solid, id give the hot of the week to value. regardless of the no shows for revenge, they are still supposed to be one of the best teams in lb, and value(a team that was in that lb tourny if i recall) completely crushed them. good write up eph
      Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
      1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Originally posted by kess View Post
        even thought we controlled most of the game, and played solid, id give the hot of the week to value. regardless of the no shows for revenge, they are still supposed to be one of the best teams in lb, and value(a team that was in that lb tourny if i recall) completely crushed them. good write up eph
        I completely agree with kess on this one, not because i'm on the squad but because the fact that we completely crushed them in all aspects.
        Season 5 TWL-B champion (Light)
        Season 8 TWL-J & TWL-B champion (Dice)
        Season 10 TWL-B champion (Dice)
        Season 11 TWL-B champion (Dice)
        Season 15 TWL-J & TWL-B champion (Dice)
        Season 16 TWL-J & TWL-B champion (Dice)

Comment

He meant dice the player (on value) dumbies.
          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
            He meant dice the player (on Value)

This ^^^
            eph

Comment

Check da stats, no mene = no win
              although I think I was the only shark with a tek
              painful game to participate in haha value came in swingin grats in their collective win
              Big Chill

Comment

For sure. Good job to Value for showing up and taking control of that game quickly.

I played like poop. Tnd reason of the no shark presence is because I kept killing them on attach. F7 was a scary button to push.

I think next week will be better. Has to be. Just gotta push starters to be on. Any who kudos again to Value for exploiting our weaknesses and not letting us into that game.
                1:Hydride> who we play next week
                1:ReNdErED> Pandora
                1:ReNdErED> gulp
                1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
                1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
                1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
                1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
                1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

o lOl bad reading skills by me
                  Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                  1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Alone in under barely gets 1/1 wow did you even watch!
                    FIRST you pillage, THEN you burn.

Comment

Working...
                    X