No announcement yet.

And we wonder why people quit this game? Here is one possible reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, i'm late into this and this post is pretty obsolete but did you try using your old password too? in any case, glad you got it sorted out
    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
      All,
      Lo and behold, I just logged in (6AM) and there was a private message from mom. It was a single word, a password.

Have no idea why there was a change of heart, or if someone from TW finally was able to contact her. Perhaps she went and checked her messages and saw an avalanche of TW people inquiring about this and decided the easiest thing to do would be to just message me the password. Who knows?

Thank you to all who helped; I truly hope that this is used as an stimulus for improvement between TW and Billing ops.
      eph
      it takes a thread and tons of ranting to get people to do their jobs in this game. do you honestly think anything would of happened if you didn't make this public?
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Spacehiker is the clpsest thing SSC has to a person on it. IMO the SSC is outdated and with us having all of 1.7 active zones, competely unneeded anymore.
        Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
          Spacehiker is the clpsest thing SSC has to a person on it. IMO the SSC is outdated and with us having all of 1.7 active zones, competely unneeded anymore.
          Heh if only that simple, SSC control all elements of the zone including hosting/bang so on and so forth, with no SSC this is no zone, or game for that fact as it hosts them all That said, I never had an issue with spacehiker when I need something doing, and I apologise Eph since you said L_E was handling it I didn't bother chasing it. Space is available 5-6am my time or 12-1am EST. Makes it difficult for me or MM to do a huge amount beyond sleep depravation :P

Comment

Originally posted by Demonic View Post
            Heh if only that simple, SSC control all elements of the zone including hosting/bang so on and so forth, with no SSC this is no zone, or game for that fact as it hosts them all That said, I never had an issue with spacehiker when I need something doing, and I apologise Eph since you said L_E was handling it I didn't bother chasing it. Space is available 5-6am my time or 12-1am EST. Makes it difficult for me or MM to do a huge amount beyond sleep depravation :P
            Demonic, you need to do something about this. Trenchwars needs someone with SSC control, because EG is going to be dead in a year if not sooner, and Trenchwars is literally going to be the last zone left in this game eventually. What happens when all the SSC ops quit playing and Trenchwars has no control? That's game over, no? It's ridiculous that the most popular zone for over 15+ years now has no SSC ops. Absolutely ridiculous.
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Still seems kinda pointless to have two seperate entities to run a single zone (essentially). Without the SSC there is no TW. Without TW there is pretty much no SS anymore. Both entities need to work together more, as the failure of one effectively dooms the other. No offense to any of the other zones, but as was said earlier, Trench Wars IS Continuum right now.
              Former TW Staff

Comment

The SSC have always been useless. They have too much power over the individual zones, since they controll the billing and bang. Most of them have always considered TW to be the newb zone and are reluctant to help anyone from here. Good that you finally got some help. When I got all my names hacked back in 2005, it took several tries over a year to get my names back...

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
                  Still seems kinda pointless to have two seperate entities to run a single zone (essentially). Without the SSC there is no TW. Without TW there is pretty much no SS anymore. Both entities need to work together more, as the failure of one effectively dooms the other. No offense to any of the other zones, but as was said earlier, Trench Wars IS Continuum right now.
                  yea based on a discussion I had with exalt/kthx and a few dev it seems this was already on the radar. Apparently we had permission to setup a new biller, but it was black balled by an old sysop. Now where that stands currently, I am unsure but would presume to have permission we would have reasonably advanced with it. New biller could also mean new server, ie. ASSS and for those of you who don't know what that means, it would be a huge upgrade adding functions such as recording twl games and playing them back in game for example, no bots as server controls it all therefore bots cant crash unless server does.

If we had to seek permission I don't know what that would mean in terms of existing player names and squads, I would presume they all would reset but it would give powers over name/squad resets in general, or bang for that matter but it was interesting to learn this either way.

Comment

yea based on a discussion I had with exalt/kthx and a few dev it seems this was already on the radar. Apparently we had permission to setup a new biller, but it was black balled by an old sysop. Now where that stands currently, I am unsure but would presume to have permission we would have reasonably advanced with it. New biller could also mean new server, ie. ASSS and for those of you who don't know what that means, it would be a huge upgrade adding functions such as recording twl games and playing them back in game for example, no bots as server controls it all therefore bots cant crash unless server does.

If we had to seek permission I don't know what that would mean in terms of existing player names and squads, I would presume they all would reset but it would give powers over name/squad resets in general, or bang for that matter but it was interesting to learn this either way.
                    I allow you to do this Demonic. You have my permission. God Speed.
                    - You need people like me. So you can point your finger and say that's the bad guy.

Comment

Easiest way to solve this would be to setup an email account, have people email you their names and a password (not their names password but a separate one). After the new billing shit was setup people could say this was my name and my squad, this is the password I sent you in the email and you could give them their names and squads back. I would consider giving SSC and ultimatum though before dealing with this, tell them were going to do this unless TW has multiple members as head of the SSC, tell them to cut the bullshit out with fake zone population stacking and releasing versions of the client without our zone automatically listed. What they can possibly do about it, absolutely nothing.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Set up a bot ingame with current server, and have !signup password, and it will auto add your name to the new billing server. Emails to old players to reserve their names could he sent a month in advance, with another round a week before. Enough to give plenty notice and not be too bothersome. Also allowing the bot to do it keeps dev/staffer eyes out of it
                        Former TW Staff

Comment

That sounds like a winner. ding ding ding.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                            That sounds like a winner. ding ding ding.
                            This might be one of the few technical questions in-game that I don't know the answer to but I'm curious what the costs would be in regards to maintaining our own biller? Would we also have to create a "chain of command" so to speak so we have people to contact in the oft chance that the server goes down?
                            1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                            Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
                              This might be one of the few technical questions in-game that I don't know the answer to but I'm curious what the costs would be in regards to maintaining our own biller? Would we also have to create a "chain of command" so to speak so we have people to contact in the oft chance that the server goes down?
                              That would be the crux of the matter, TW would have a finite date unlike it does now. Granted ppl could eventually walk away from the game, leaving perhaps 1 or 2 people in the zone, but as server/biller is free it would still be there. If we had to pay for biller/server I guess it would give tw perhaps a 5yr shelf life assuming no further donations were received. Generally costs are based on # of packets sent/received so hard to be exact LF.

Comment

I am sure Qan/Demonic could answer that a bit better, but I do know that being under the thumb of an outdated organization doesn't help any efforts to rebuild the zone.

If its feasible I say first threaten the SSC and if that doesn't work then go to each zones ownership personally and offer the invitation to join our new zone with somewhat equal majority. Any zones that join offer their respected players and staffers (respected) chances to get on the council were creating, and have the council control not just changes within the zone but actually run the entire zone. Obviously we will still need "bang" ops and other people who have powers that not everyone on the council can have or understand, but generally speaking get rid of the role of sysops, and deans and every other "power" role in staff. Staff applications, promotions within staff from ZH to ER everything is decided by the council. Get rid of mods, have a few Smods on who are knowledgeable with the bot systems and who have direct numbers of people to call when the billing server dies or when the zone needs to be recycled etc. If this ends up happening I see you talking about a new way to run the zone in terms of what we can do with the physical aspect of the zone, but it is also a chance to change the soul of the zone itself. I think that staff needs to be completely erased basically and that there need to be only ZH's, ER's, Dev, Smods, Bangops and The Council itself. I can't speak for everyone but a change like that would honestly get me interested in being a part of the council itself, and would probably get me into playing again as I could see a future for this zone.

Todays shitfest was just another prime example of how our staff procedures have run their course in every way, shape, and fashion. This could fix the zones image and make the game a less corrupted place with a council that would be incorruptible with the right mix of players.
                                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                                X