That scorebox thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That scorebox thing

First off, thanks for a new feature, in my opinion it is a great idea. Here's some stuff that could be added to improve it further:

-enemie(s) on 7-8 deaths showing up, going with the assumption that people use 1280x1024 as their max, so it won't be in the way when you are trying to rush/run/radar
    -teammate(s) on high deaths. there is a possibility that this takes up too much space on your screen, especially in wbs when the max res is pretty small
    -ability to turn it on/off

-i havent played basing yet but this sort of thing isn't really necessary for that and with the amount of information per minute happening it will probably make the bot laggy

thanks
    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

edit. a tip:
    in chaos/premier zone there is a scorebox that displays all players, it is visible to all players, spec or in-game during pracs but in leagues it is turned off for people in spec. why? because the bot apparently checks every single player in the arena and that is alot of information to deal with. -> bot dies. I could be wrong about the exact reason but if you encounter a similar problem in the future, it could be this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
      First off, thanks for a new feature, in my opinion it is a great idea. Here's some stuff that could be added to improve it further:

-enemie(s) on 7-8 deaths showing up, going with the assumption that people use 1280x1024 as their max, so it won't be in the way when you are trying to rush/run/radar
      -teammate(s) on high deaths. there is a possibility that this takes up too much space on your screen, especially in wbs when the max res is pretty small
      -ability to turn it on/off

-i havent played basing yet but this sort of thing isn't really necessary for that and with the amount of information per minute happening it will probably make the bot laggy

thanks
      I agree. It DID kinda distract me at first, because I'm just so used to hitting F2 if I need to on the fly, but I did get used to it eventually. Great add whoever did it. Thank you for spending the time on it.
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

was a very good addition. who did it? why do the staff members who actually do good things hide while the faggot staffers who ruin this game and do nothing strut around?
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I did this change. Ty for love and support.
          - You need people like me. So you can point your finger and say that's the bad guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
            was a very good addition. who did it? why do the staff members who actually do good things hide while the faggot staffers who ruin this game and do nothing strut around?
            qan asked if it worked ok so i'm assuming it's him

Comment

qan asked if it worked ok so i'm assuming it's him
              This is why people need to stop disrespecting and shitting on qan for trying to make that council thing work. Qan's gonna quit this game if people don't quit bitching and mocking the damn thing, because that's his "baby" so to speak, and nobody on staff is capable of replacing qan's work, let alone his actual dedication. The guy just did a simple thing in DD arena that was awesome and useful. I'm surprised nobody did it in the last 15 years, but hey... we have it now. So let's all shit on qan and make him quit due to Kthx and Ph and fucking Lizard Fuel (lol???) not liking Demonic and bitching about their previous past as staff members. SMH
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I put in the code/graphics but credit for the idea goes to PrettyMadness. She had to msg me about it twice, and I only sort of remembered that she'd brought it up the second time, so, good on ya PM for staying tenacious and pushing for a good idea. Send her a ?message if you liked it. Player ideas constitute probably 75-80% of what I end up coding, if not more, so I get to take the credit where it's not often due.

At present you can disable it on a per-game basis using !showkd ... this might be especially useful for BDers.

Someone mentioned having a special stat alongside K/D that would be ship-specific. For example, you could have reps per death for Sharks in BD, TeKs, etc. Might be fun.

At present the amount of data output required to show the scoreboard isn't bad, but it could become a problem if we went wild, showing deaths for various players, etc.

However, it would be really easy to have the bot do a freq msg or PM when either a teammate or enemy is on a certain # of deaths. Caps & asscaps could do it on a freq basis, or players could do it on a personal basis. Example:

Code:
                :MatchBot:!watchall 9
                     MatchBot> Reporting all deaths 9 and over.
                :MatchBot:!watchteam 7
                     MatchBot> Reporting all team deaths 7 and over.
                :MatchBot:!watchnme 8
                     MatchBot> Reporting all enemy deaths 8 and over.

MatchBot> qan: 8
                    MatchBot> qan: 9
                qan is out. 0 kills, 10 deaths.
                Of course !watchall would just be the same as setting !watchteam and !watchnme to the same #. Assuming this would actually be used I'll put it in over the next few days.
                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

i'd certainly use it
                  GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                    Assuming this would actually be used I'll put it in over the next few days.
                    Yes, this seems very useful. Thank you for the time, effort, and most importantly, the RESULTS that you bring to the table qan. You are definitely an asset to trenchwars. Thanks man. I'm sure I speak for the large majority in saying "thank you."
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

enemie(s) on 7-8 deaths showing up
                      I think the graphics could be properly made as to not distract you and also display (for about 3-5 seconds) players at 7-9 deaths. That'd be useful. Or a PM if you !opt in to receiving those messages. Good ideas. Dev is always interested in implementing good ideas from players, just often times, they need to be reminded :P
                      ▒█░▄▀ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ░▀░ ▀▄▒▄▀
                      ▒█▀▄░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░░█░░ ▀█▀ ░▒█░░
                      ▒█░▒█ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▄▀▒▀▄

Comment

!watchteam / !watchnme / !watchall should be in with next TWD reboot (cmd for caps; just freq-PMs you).

Also, was the !pa command ever able to work? (To promote someone to a temp asscap just for that round.) Looked like some code was blocking it, and it wasn't in !help. Should now be available if it wasn't before.
                        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

There was a bug in this feature where it freq PM'd EVERY death, heh. Regardless of if you'd set it. That's what happens when you put in code you don't test. Sorry about that.

Should be fixed. Let me know if not.

Comment

thank you for your hard work as per usual. surely there would still be plenty of features that could be added into TWD. if given the time, i could easily come up with a list of improvements that would further enhance our gaming experience when playing a match.

there was this one feature i wanted for years to be added and i'm fairly certain it could be done. basically, accuracy. it could either be a live statistic when you're playing a game or displayed in the twd match history page next to kill percentage. it would be extremely helpful to see your bullet accuracy when playing spider. not sure if the bots could handle all that information if there's a lot of players playing. i'd imagine it would require a lot of bot power to monitor the energy of each player and *watchdamage (i believe that was the command) to check who dealt damage on a player. with that you could even add statistics such as assists (most damage dealt to a dead target without you dealing the killing blow) and total damage dealt in a game.

it's just something i really wanted to see for a long time. i believe wingzero said it was possible to code, but i'm fairly sure my ticket on tw-core never got accepted.

Comment

could the twl scorebox be the same as twd pls

Comment

Working...
                              X