Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i also wondered about that. were you really not contacted back by them at all? i honestly assumed you got a response that you didnt like and they refused to allow you to plead your case. (the rules on cheating are pretty strict)

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
      so take a position that sucks then have someone who actually earned the ban yell at you and demand you set him free? i cant for the life of me see why anyone would want to give any special favors to a person who would probably get back in the game then just completely badmouth the people who reduced his ban/banned him in the first place.

is this a biased way to look at it, sure. its also just my opinion.

an unbiased way would be to follow the rules to the letter as well. i think you need to start with the rules on why he was banned if you want someone to take an unbiased look at this.

as a sidenote, you dont have to gargle someones nuts to get then to listen to you. you just have to not go out of your way to be an asshole to people.
      You get more bees with honey yeah I get it. But also, doing the right thing should be done even if the person involved is a jerk (im not saying he is or not, but just making the point in general). If i was staff, particularly in charge of netbans, I would not overban even my worst enemy or someone who i felt was incorrigible. I would also always lean towards compassion, this is an online game not a unbending military.

As well, the duration of the bans seem flawed, which would be the design. Reducing a ban that by nature is probably too long is probably the right thing to do anyway. I think a year is a really long time in general. Thats like 7-8% of TW's entire history as a game. Also, for such a cheesy way to cheat in low pop zones like desert storm or an even in TW.. im not saying all cheats shouldnt be punished but the severity should be considered. He cheated in a stupid way, not really that threatening like doing it in the leagues and so on.

Hey i see both sides, I don't disagree with you at all, but see my side as well. Serving 7 months, ban by nature is probably too long, he cant reach SSC ops so dont punish him for logging in thats not an evasion if the contact is erroneous and so forth.

You lose nothing by unbanning him. If he cheats again, reban him, end of story. You cant go wrong here. Hes a 10 year old player or more, he should know better but hes also part of the community like it or not.

Comment

i also wondered about that. were you really not contacted back by them at all? i honestly assumed you got a response that you didnt like and they refused to allow you to plead your case. (the rules on cheating are pretty strict)
        IDK but his posts on here seem to document that he couldnt reach them or at least they werent very responsive (ie timely). So im just going by that. He has documented it on these forums via his posts, and left eye has responded in many of them, so thats why I gave him the benefit of the doubt with regard to evading the ban to try and find some SSC ops online.

Because if the procedure is erroneous then its not a evasion. Even so, should evasion be punished by a ratio of 5 days per every day of evasion. I mean, who thought up 6 more months if you evade a day or two. Thats seriously punitive, even if your strict about enforcing bans.

Comment

i also wondered about that. were you really not contacted back by them at all? i honestly assumed you got a response that you didnt like and they refused to allow you to plead your case. (the rules on cheating are pretty strict)
          None of the NetOps have tried to contact me, my tickets are still open since of last year. Demonic is the only one who can do anything but she/he is useless at their position as staff.
          https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

• Originally posted by 2pac View Post
            None of the NetOps have tried to contact me, my tickets are still open since of last year. Demonic is the only one who can do anything but she/he is useless at their position as staff.
            Well I know this isnt World of Warcraft where they probably get 50,000 inquiries a day, but someone should still be available to contest a ban from some venue and argue it out on there. The fact that they may not be gives you an exception in my opinion to log on and try to find a SSC op or one in charge of netbans.

Furthermore, a appeal or a argument should never be taken by the same person or division. Much like an appeals court with an entirely new set of judges would handle appeals inquiries. Otherwise, obviously the same judge or division will just rubberstamp their first opinion again and claim the appeal would be denied.

Your argument pac, should moreso entail arguing the duration, extension of the ban, because the decision seems proper. You should also argue the fact that when a 10year old member of the community waits out 6-7 months and expresses interest to come back every month, they should lean towards compassion, irregardless of your attitude towards staff which shouldnt really be relevant because I wouldn't take it personal as staff id just do whats more proper.

Is Desert Storm even still around anyway? I dont even see it on the list. Regardless, Demonic should probably just end this ban at this point, this entire scenario is asinine. After 6-7 months we could use another play in the population anyway.

But the fact that SSC ops arent reachable, or won't look at these other issues such as the "unconstitutionality" of such long bans to begin with, makes it asinine. Don't ban people for a year if your not even able to reverse or check disputes timely, or direct players accordingly. That should void the entire ban just because theres no viable appeals process, or something that can look at all facts OUTSIDE of those facts surrounding the actual cheating (such as ban duration, extension, remorse, fairness, ability to lean towards compassion).

But pac, if ya screw up again, your likely not gonna get unbanned for a long long time if they do reverse it lol, just saying.. behave because Id rather have you part of the community than in the shadows for another 6-12months....

Comment

• . Net bans of length exceeding 365 days require authorization from a BanG administrator.

- Nothing like this has happened there was no authorization just plain abuse. Abuse is rampant in the ssc netops. Get rid of these fucks they are useless and hurt the game

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

• NET BanG OP POLICY
                • Netwide Banfree - Only used to banfree names inadvertently locked out by another pilot's netban.
                • BanG Op Abuse - BanG operaters intentionally violating net ban policy may have their operator status removed. Minimal 30 day operator status suspension for first offence.
                • Commenting Bans - All net bans require detailed comments or may be subject for removal by a BanG Administrator. Comments include the reason for the ban, possible modified ban info including the zone the offence took place, possible references to original bans, scope of the ban (IP, MID, Name), and any other relevant details.
                • Ban Removal - Net ban removal is restricted to the operator who placed the ban. Improper net bans may be removed by a BanG administrator, who will contact the operator with reasoning why their ban was removed.
                • Net Bang Op - Users with BanG access lvl 1 who can net ban (typically zone sysops).
                • Bang Administrator - Users who administer the BanG system to enforce net ban policy.

None of the policies are being followed and guess what they are still in position pathetic.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

• M_M God and Demonic can go FUCK themselfs. You wanna keep an active player with 10k usage on 1year+ ban

FUCK all you motherfucking staff members who down with the ban I received.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

• Games been done I tested staff with my cheat and guess what these fucks haven't learned shit. Let it die so I can make fun of staff when the population is gone to shit

fucktard Krynetix.

LOL so true fucking washed up noob doesn't know shit about TW or the history of tw.

How about you fucks go back to oldschool settings like how TW was ment to be you would have less people complaining.

-=- Gameplay -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Trench Wars is a fast-paced zone where there is 1 stationary flag, and
                    only the team with the flag gets any real points for a kill. If your
                    frequency owns the flag, then you get 200 extra points for each kill. If
                    your team doesn't, you only get the player you killed's bounty added to your
                    score.

The flag is in the upper section of the base in a easily-defendable part
                    of the base. A team properly organized including people mining the
                    entrance, people roaming the outside of the top section to protect against
                    leviathan shelling the flag area (leviathans can nail people through the
                    wall using their ultra-powerful bombs), and lots of attack ships inside the
                    base keeping people from even coming near the flag area should be able to
                    defend it forever. It's when the teamwork breaks down and people get selfish
                    and go spawnkill that the base gets lost.

^
                    That is how the zone was ment to be played not what it is now. Its half-ass attempt to make it more newb friendly but it has FAILED miserably by majority of the idiot staff members.
                    Last edited by 2pac; 03-24-2014, 02:23 AM.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

• how this bitchnikka 2pacz still trying to get unbanned LOOOOOOOL?? unban this kid already. its mad annoying seeing this spam.
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

• Unbanning everyone makes sense, but the staff doesn't have the balls to do that they are corrupt as fuck and there is a reason why dezmond has stepped down from bang position cause there is only 1 person in charge and they control everything. That is abuse to the max.

Staff continue to keep banning me even with public support and they still haven't learned shit yet. They are fucking crooks.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

• staff is corrupt because they won't unban a player with repeat offences who has on numerous occasions tried to avoid the bans? You know if you cheat that you will be banned for a long period of time, why not just like.....NOT CHEAT?
                          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                            staff is corrupt because they won't unban a player with repeat offences who has on numerous occasions tried to avoid the bans? You know if you cheat that you will be banned for a long period of time, why not just like.....NOT CHEAT?
                            ^this

so many people blame mods for shit that they themselves wouldnt be able to fix or change if they were given the position of power
                            the games different now, stop being dicks and bashing each other and start making positive changes like not being a complete douchebag 24/7 and start appreciating and helping the people that have put up with your immature ways for years

personally ill play this game till it dies, no matter who is in control

maybe instead of completely focusing on bringing new players we should try to focus on bringing back old players who already understand the game and how it opperates and then with a larger following work on getting new blood, put the emails that people register to forums or their names to good use and send out a mass message to come back to tw, like the stupid shit your phone app games do to get you to play them again "havent seen you in a while, come check out blahblahblahblah" or like WoW does when you get random emails about Refer a friend free 3 month subscription! kinda shit

my 2 cents
                            Big Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                              staff is corrupt because they won't unban a player with repeat offences who has on numerous occasions tried to avoid the bans? You know if you cheat that you will be banned for a long period of time, why not just like.....NOT CHEAT?

1) 2pac served 5-6 months of his ban and his expiration was expected around February.

2) 2pac's ban was extended at/near expiration. Reason given, evasion of ban and/or another offense in Desert Storm as I understand it.

3) SSC ops are allegedly not reachable in any timely fashion. This is documents by posts on this forum for the last few months between 2pac and Left_eye, thus, logging into find SSC ops should not be evasion since the procedures are erroneous. This is not disputable.

4) Staff has cheated since 2001 with their friends for years, most of which were never banned and the entire concept of cheating was made into a conspiracy theory by staff for years.

5) 1 year bans, by nature, are absurd. Ban me for a year you'll never see me again i'll move on instantly. No way i'd wait that out.

6) He cheated in a non-threatening way. Not in the leagues, not to crash the server or anything, but in some lame event or other garbage. Yes its UNACCEPTABLE to cheat, 100% agree, should be punished, but im arguing duration and other things.

7) Hes a long term member of this game. Hes played for a decade or longer. Hes part of the family like it or not.

8) Again, he was waiting out his ban and showed his interest to play again on these forums for months. Extending his ban at the last minute, nearing expiration is a badly timed tease, and makes mods look like jackasses to do it so late in the ban cycle.

9) This entire situation is asinine. Worst case, you unban him, he cheats again, back on a ban for 5-6 more months max.

10) Staff cheated way too long and egregiously in the past for me to say throw away the key on 2pac. I hate cheaters, but all things cannot be punished equally, and i'm done with discussing this case.

Errors were made on both sides here. The fact that he can't or couldn't reach SSC ops, theres no real unbiased appeal process and/or the duration is absurdly long should void the damn ban anyway.

I won't support extending a ban as a tease on last month another year. If you didn't know about his abuse in other zones within the first few weeks of his ban, you have no right to extend it less than a month (or so) before expiration after 6-7 months.

Comment

• Boobies,
                                1. Just go back and look at his post in this thread, or the one from a few weeks ago where he started threatening to damage the zone, for insight into his demeanor.
                                2. Please go start a new thread, or post to one the 15 other threads that he has jacked on this topic. Whether or not he comes back is not what this thread is about and in fact nothing in this thread should be about a specific player.
                                thanks
                                eph

Comment

Working...
                                X