• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 18: TWLB Official Hot or Not - Week 5

Pandora vs Value
    15:00 – 11:36
    Game of the Week

Pandora Lineup:
    VA(terrier), Mattey/zidane(sharks), Ease/Hulk/mcvicar/ogron/Spezza/turban(spiders)

Value Lineup:
    Solske(terr), Commodo/War(sharks), Ardour/burnt/dice/jack/renzi(spiders)

We predicted a Pandora 15-11 win and this was how the game did indeed end. But it was not how the game started, Value jumped to an early 8-0 lead. Value’s frenetic style put Pandora back on its heels in the early part of this game and playing one man down due to lag issues didn’t help much either; but once Turb was subbed out by Spezza Pandora settled down and came roaring back. Vatican Assassin played a proficient game but when you have Mattey/zidane sharking for you this is not all that unexpected. But VA also used his bursts very well to end additional threats by dispatching Solske back to the spawn area at key points in the later parts of the game. Hulk and Ease were a big factors in this win and Ogron, Mcvicar, put in solid games. For the second week in a row Spezza made a difference in the game, one has to wonder why he wasn’t in the game from the start.
    Value played well, Jack lead their spiders with aggressive play and managed two terrier kills. Ardour, Dice, Burnt played competently but Renzi played somewhat less than ideally. Solske kept Pandora guessing as to his next move and Commodo/War sharking was adept. But late in the game, when it appeared that Value might be able to wrestle back control, some suspect mines in the flag room resulted in teamkills at the worst possible time. I didn’t catch if it was Commodo/War who placed the mines, but the rest of team could have also been more ‘bad mine aware’ at this critical point in the game.

Hot of the game – Mattey/zidane and Spezza
    Not of the game – Commodo/War (whichever laid the mines at end of game)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dice vs. Revenge
    15:00 – 9:27

Dice Lineup:
    Zizu(terr), dwopple/confluence(sharks), kess/jamal/panama/wbm(spiders), megaman89(jav)

Revenge Lineup:
    Hydride(terr), rodney/menelvagor(sharks), hellkite/jones/megalo/Steep/zeebu(spiders)

Dice took an early 3 minute lead but Revenge managed to take FR. Revenge hung around in the game and made some valiant flag room efforts but were unable to hold under for long against Kess and Panama. Megaman89 played his usual jav base game, using well timed rushes to disrupt Revenge teamwork and bombing when the defenses were at their weakest. Revenge showed some promise mid-game and held cram to gain a few minutes of flag time, Steep, and Megalo even managed to push out into lower and take care of some business. But when their cram started to break down the Revenge sharks resorted to a few questionable mines that the rest of the team could not avoid. Hydride played a good game and the Revenge certainly proved they have the core skill need to be competitive against top teams. But in the end Dice’s superior cramming sealed the win.

Hot of the Game – Mega and Zizu
    Not of the Game – Squall for not showing up, if he had Dice might have had to change Mega to a spider
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enemy vs. Dudgeon
    15:00 – 8:40

Enemy Lineup:
    Diuley(terr), krage/cranium(sharks), jurassic/kate upton/M_M God/trance/trasher(spiders)

Dudgeon Lineup:
    Mikkiz/Zizzo(terr), Downfall/sakke(sharks), apt/gilder/Leitz/nicholas/nokkonen/reackful/zizzo(spiders)
    We predicted an Enemy 15-9 win and this was pretty much dead nuts on. This could have been a much closer game but Mikkiz’s geographically challenged connection could not get past the additional lag that TW was experiencing this weekend and had to be subbed out. Dudgeon’s sharks and replacement terrier (Zizzo) played well enough but the overall teamwork was simply not what it needed to be against a stronger Enemy lineup. In both the cram and in the flag room battles the Dudgeon spiders were consistently out-gunned; apt, gilder, nokkonen, and leitz managed to scrape out positive records while Nicholas and Reckful could not.
    Diuley played a capable game as Enemy’s terrier. Trasher, trance, M_M, Kate, and Jurassic all played very well; Kate was able to bring down the Dudgeon terrier no fewer than 3 times. The Enemy sharks played an outstanding game although Krage was a bit careless with some mining. Cran had one of the more notable shark performances of the season with 25 kills, 1 teamkill, and 4 terrier kills.

Hot of the game – Cran
    Not of the Game – Mikkiz’s lag

Fierce vs. Warhable
    15:00 – 13:48

Fierce Lineup:
    Mythrandir(terr), LF/murder(sharks), Last Standing/ri$e again$t/tiny/tj hazuki/tomatospiders/tripin(spiders), Tiny(Lanc)

Warhable Lineup:
    Choi(terr), kosmonaut/klyer/willby(sharks), contempt/godzero/jammyjames/nanto/shaddowknight/thewadorooster(spiders), LancosaurusTeks (lanc)

Warhable came to play, for whatever reason(s) Fierce looked uninspired and allowed Warhable to rack up more flag time than all their other games combined. I am not sure if Fierce simply underestimated Warhable, if their heads simply were not in the game, or if they just suck; but they did not look sharp. Myth put in a decent game and the Fierce sharks, while having some timing issues, were adequate. Tiny put up poor numbers in lanc/spider and TJ once again went neg, WTF? On the up side Ri$e again$t, Tomatospiders, and Tripin all logged solid performances for Fierce.
    Warhable was carried by Choi, time after time he was able to keep his team in the game. He was assisted with some good spidering from Godzero and Shaddow. Warhable sharks did what they could but have some timing issues to resolve to get to the next level.
    All-in-all this was a fun game to watch.

Hot of the game – Choi
    Not of the Game – Tiny

Hot of the week – Choi; for bringing some hope
    Honorable mention: Cran

Not of the week – Tiny
    Honorable mention: TW lag, impacted several games

Good stuff, thanks Eph

Comment

Poor game on my part but I was more focused on watching under and pushing than on killing. I'm averaging atleast a tek a game, so I'm content. Still Fierce hardly BDs, my last bd was like on Januray 30th according to TWD and that just shows how much Fierce practices for basing, which isn't that much at all. I'm not making excuses, just saying. Warhable is a decent squad, they'll get better in time if they stick together and not just for one season. They remind me of Brainwave.

Brainwave wasin a similar position but got better as time went on.
      TWLD Champion 2014
      TWDTB Champion 2013
      TWDTB Champion 2016
      TWDTB Champion 2017
      TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
      -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Thanks for the write-up, Eph.

Yeah I thought Solske (Zazerick) played great in terr against us, was a really strong performance. Zeebu was excellent vs. Dice as well, he's an underrated spider I think, who was also good last year on Sweet.

Warhable vs. Fierce was definitely the game of the week for me, a really fun, contested battle that went the distance. JammyJames lagging out was a huge blow for WH as he's one of their best spiders, good showing from them though.

Notes:
        -Spezza didn't start because he was watching the Canada hockey game.
        -SquallFF8 didn't show because he had work on Sunday.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

yeahhh i had some careless mines, but realistically we only play 1 base game a week, and thats our lb game, if we were playing games constantly im sure we could do better, was fun tho
          Big Chill

Comment

that was my twlb debut this season. we just didnt have enough spider that game

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
              that was my twlb debut this season. we just didnt have enough spider that game
              You did very well, as did the rest of the spiders. We don't play very often, and we had done a fine job at showing a competitive game instead of throwing in the towel knowing a win was pretty slim.

I felt I could have avoided several deaths in critical battles, so my mistakes did lead to us not being able to capitalize on the battles. It wasn't the spiders. It was on me for not playing the clutch game we need. You and everyone else should be very happy with the games. Rodney, the only bad mines were those near the end at the cram; but give credit to their sharks for also not repping but having the patience to use the one mine. I could have bailed on cram a lot quicker to minimize the damage, but I had tunnel vision.

All in all, we played a decent game. We shall take that momentum into next week, and if we have squall show up, we will have that strong under that we need to completely win the battles. I just need to practice some more and make sure to stay alive in the critical moments )

Revenge will be able to pull off an upset if not in the regular season, then playoffs.. Im sure of it.
              1:Hydride> who we play next week
              1:ReNdErED> Pandora
              1:ReNdErED> gulp
              1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
              1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
              1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
              1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
              1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

How many squads in playoffs? 4 or 6?
                TWLD Champion 2014
                TWDTB Champion 2013
                TWDTB Champion 2016
                TWDTB Champion 2017
                TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

6, top 2 with byes
                  1:waven> u challenge
                  1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                  Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Working...
                  X