-SQUADS: CHALLENGE THE WORLD!-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -SQUADS: CHALLENGE THE WORLD!-

So there are many squads that challenge multiple squads for a game and no-one seems to accept (they could try for hrs with no luck) which makes people on that team log out. Lets make it more fun for squads...

I'm suggesting for squads to be able to go to a twd arena and be able to challenge the world for a match (prob should be 1 round). When a challenge is made, an advert displays: (squadname) is challenging anyone for a 3vs3 twjd/twdd match! first 3 people to arrive to ?go twjd/twdd and type !in to matchbot1 gets to play.

Although i would like to see squads getting rewarded for winning... it could be abused so i suggest this will be for practise only. Though javduel/wbduel exists- it will be unfair for the public to see a team adding in only their squadmates (+ how hard is it to get ur teammates to turn up to javduel/wbduel by spamming your red chat). With this idea it would give permission for a squad to vs random players without any moaning and squad players are much more likely to turn up if they see: Matchbot1> A game of 4vs4 TWJD vs the world will start in ?go twjd2 in 30 seconds.

Advantages:

1) People in pub who dont normally play twd/ refuse to join a squad may end up playing a twd match and find it is fun and join a squad.
    2) People who havent got time to be in a squad (they log in once in a blue moon) can get some twd action vs a squad.
    3) Squads dont log out when noone is accepting- they challenge the world instead for squad practise or to kill time.
    4) During the dead hours- a squad who manages to somehow have 3 online can have twd fun.
    5) A squad could challenge themselves if they have enough and the 3-5 extra people in the squad could type the !in command to vs their own squad.
    6) Eliminates the need to double squad as u can plan in advance who you wanna team up with- then ask the squad to challenge the world.
    7) New player squads may find easier games (some players from pub may turn up)
    8) New player squads may find they can get alot more games.

Things to be considered:

-An advert happens every 15 minutes (in one league) to prevent spamming but squads can still get a game going vs the world if 3-5 show up and type a command. (technically 3 adverts could happen str8 away (twdd/twjd/twbd) but 15 mins wait for that to happen again ?squads would have to be cheeky to do this)

-Possibly spacebux rewarded to games that have been completed? To interest those players in pub who collect spacebux
    Last edited by Fork; 03-06-2014, 03:48 PM.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

I like the idea. Least when I get raped in twd then, it won't count towards the ladder
    5:ZeUs!!> http://www.mikejeapes.twzone.net/images2/me_title.JPG
    5:sexy wooden spoon> when did u erm, win the title?
    5:ZeUs!!> yeah im a black man
    5:ZeUs!!> i won it back in 98 when i absolutely battered Evander Holyfield
    5:Superted> you look a lot whiter in your drinking pics
    5:ZeUs!!> i mullered him
    5:sexy wooden spoon> did u bite his ear?
    5:ZeUs!!> I bit his whole fucking head off
    5:ZeUs!!> he needed 56 stitches after that

Comment

My Waterloo brah, I just have to say that I love this idea. I think this will really help in getting pubbers interested in twd. Especially if pubbux are thrown in. Good thinking homie!
      - You need people like me. So you can point your finger and say that's the bad guy.

Comment

Same thing I suggested. Fully agree.

Comment

So what would happen if say.. Fierce challenged the world. Would people show up to that? Would new players enjoy being shellacked by top tier squads? What is to stop a player from simply saying f this and spectating? I personally like this idea however. I think it should be implimented in wbduel or javduel or base instead of twd arenas.

Comment

Originally posted by LaSenza View Post
            So what would happen if say.. Fierce challenged the world. Would people show up to that? Would new players enjoy being shellacked by top tier squads? What is to stop a player from simply saying f this and spectating? I personally like this idea however. I think it should be implimented in wbduel or javduel or base instead of twd arenas.
            I would show up to anything (i get bored easy because either we dont have enough or other squads dont have enough) and if someone arrives that's pro... Bonus. I guess pros from dif squads may pm each other and could team up and match fierce. Yeh I don't think new players would like to get owned but they have a chance vs new player squads. Even for new player squads (like play)- they might find that world challenges get easier games + more games. If one player just says fk this- it could b only for 1 round anyway.

I've really considered having this in javduel/ wbduel/ base but unless them adverts tell everyone that it's a squad vs world match... People are gonna moan that a side has picked only their squad players + u need the squad message telling the players to come javufc. Also hosting it in javufc isn't really promoting twd to new players. Another negative could be that a normal game is already going and squads have to wait for this game to finish before hijacking it.

This idea could eliminate the need to double squad... as jav prac- u can already plan who u wanna team with in advance... then ask the squad to challenge the world :P

...Thinking about it, Juan's were desperate for a jd match today during a time where not many people were online- I had 1 on my squad ready to play and another guy (from a dif squad) would have joined with us if this idea existed.
            Last edited by Fork; 03-06-2014, 03:47 PM. Reason: w
            1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

To make the games more fair for the inexperienced side you could add an option to let them have +1 player. Decision would be up to the squad challenging.

Comment

This would be perfect if it ran during TWL season when points didn't matter. Squads like Wolf, Paladen, Ambush & whomever else could go in there and play an actual game with anyone popping in. I believe even with a zoner going out it wouldn't really bring anyone from pub, people who play pub stay in pub. I'd like the opportunity to play with other people, new and old, against a squad.

Comment

It would also be neat if a player could get added into the "world's roster" automatically on the site when they get added into the game. Once the match is over, the player stays rostered and accumulates stats over time. It could bring competition within the "world" squad as people compete for the better stats.

Comment

When is Fork going to become TWDop or head op? Typically love all his ideas.

Comment

This sounds amazing.
                      GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Well if it should not work being in a TWD arena you can always bring this type of thing to pub. There is room enough to place a box and bots that handle duels exist, just need some tweaking. From there you could spike interest in playing more duels in a league style.

Comment

I did a code review today to see how easy this would be to implement. Our MatchBots are ... eh... they're a little bit modular (can swap pieces around), but over the years a lot of weird code has accumulated that would need to be accounted for. We'd see quite a few bugs and a need for patchwork code. For example: how do you handle subs, if at all? Are their captains/asscaps? (Would have to be for bd -- first person to request to be put in?)

It would mean a lot of special-case code, basically. And it would likely be very buggy at the start because of this.

But despite the difficulty, I'm seriously considering trying a crack at this. Have vowed to try to implement league ideas that the people are into, despite not being a league player anymore, because it's one of the most important areas to keep fresh and alive, and despite that, it's gone too long untouched by dev. (One reason is because the MatchBots are annoyingly complex ... one of the largest interconnected systems we have -- and, again, just not very fun to work on. The other is that experimentation is not welcome in league, for good reason. But additions we can all agree are of high quality aren't really experiments.)

Only thing is ... if I try to put this in and there are problems associated with it, you guys have to promise not to be assholes about it. :P
                          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post

Only thing is ... if I try to put this in and there are problems associated with it, you guys have to promise not to be assholes about it. :P
                            lol ofc not qan you already get our gratitude for experimenting this awesome new concept!

how to handle subs ? (for world)
                            can't you make it like distension wich will put you on the waitinglist when its full (counting deaths ofc)
                            so when someone lags out, the next guy on list can !command to get in
                            if not respond in 30 sec the next guy on the list can !command and so on..
                            i think its better not to have caps/asscaps for world team
                            just the first four !command to get in will play, simple
                            Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
                              So there are many squads that challenge multiple squads for a game and no-one seems to accept (they could try for hrs with no luck) which makes people on that team log out. Lets make it more fun for squads...

I'm suggesting for squads to be able to go to a twd arena and be able to challenge the world for a match (prob should be 1 round). When a challenge is made, an advert displays: (squadname) is challenging anyone for a 3vs3 twjd/twdd match! first 3 people to arrive to ?go twjd/twdd and type !in to matchbot1 gets to play.

Although i would like to see squads getting rewarded for winning... it could be abused so i suggest this will be for practise only. Though javduel/wbduel exists- it will be unfair for the public to see a team adding in only their squadmates (+ how hard is it to get ur teammates to turn up to javduel/wbduel by spamming your red chat). With this idea it would give permission for a squad to vs random players without any moaning and squad players are much more likely to turn up if they see: Matchbot1> A game of 4vs4 TWJD vs the world will start in ?go twjd2 in 30 seconds.

Advantages:

1) People in pub who dont normally play twd/ refuse to join a squad may end up playing a twd match and find it is fun and join a squad.
                              2) People who havent got time to be in a squad (they log in once in a blue moon) can get some twd action vs a squad.
                              3) Squads dont log out when noone is accepting- they challenge the world instead for squad practise or to kill time.
                              4) During the dead hours- a squad who manages to somehow have 3 online can have twd fun.
                              5) A squad could challenge themselves if they have enough and the 3-5 extra people in the squad could type the !in command to vs their own squad.
                              6) Eliminates the need to double squad as u can plan in advance who you wanna team up with- then ask the squad to challenge the world.
                              7) New player squads may find easier games (some players from pub may turn up)
                              8) New player squads may find they can get alot more games.

Things to be considered:

-An advert happens every 15 minutes (in one league) to prevent spamming but squads can still get a game going vs the world if 3-5 show up and type a command. (technically 3 adverts could happen str8 away (twdd/twjd/twbd) but 15 mins wait for that to happen again ?squads would have to be cheeky to do this)

-Possibly spacebux rewarded to games that have been completed? To interest those players in pub who collect spacebux
                              Do This.
                              "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
                              - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X