zone population

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrynetiX View Post
    When I was a new player there were 10 squads asking me to join, ?go CoolSquadTryouts were everywhere, squad duels were self-hosted in #private arenas.
    I ask myself, if I started playing today -- would I even stay?
    this one here i guess. when i started playing alot, pub was fun because there were alot of pubsquads competing for total points, best k:d ratio and whatnot. i'm a firm believer that the one thing pub needs to do to retain new players is to have squads playing there again. since that hasnt happened in years and is only a memory these days i find it crucial for the future of the zone to build a bridge between pub and twd, this game is, after all, better when you're not playing it alone.
    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

i came in here to say bring back the meaning in pub leaderboards, and then i read jones' post. exactly what i wanted to say, listen to him

Comment

we need to bring back pub score leaderboards - I spent hours on end trying my hardest to get into the top 50 players for k:d or overall points.....I didn't even know elim existed for like a year or more because I was so focused on getting good in pub and fighting squad matches in # arenas. Bring back player recognition and stats and we're one small step to improving the game.

Maybe at the end of each month the overall top points holder in pub on the scoreboard has a symbol next to their name in game for 6 months to a year to show they were the best? This means in each calendar year we should only have a maximum of 12 players with the 'elite' symbol next to their name in pub (or their ship is coloured gold?).
        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I think unbanning everyone currently banned and give them another chance seen as it's a fresh start to a new era. If they mess up and then reban, the more people the better. Everyone has suffered due to not being able to play for 3 weeks. Image players in this current state who are banned who are serving over a month or more and how easy it would be to just quit.
          I'm a prime example, I was giving that shot to come back in 09. I came back and changed and was an active player contributing to the community.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivf View Post
            I think unbanning everyone currently banned and give them another chance seen as it's a fresh start to a new era. If they mess up and then reban, the more people the better. Everyone has suffered due to not being able to play for 3 weeks. Image players in this current state who are banned who are serving over a month or more and how easy it would be to just quit.
            I'm a prime example, I was giving that shot to come back in 09. I came back and changed and was an active player contributing to the community.
            Vys,
            You listed the ‘upside’ of bringing back previously banned players. I agree that you are an example of someone who was banned but ended up contributing to the zone after coming back. But there are also ‘downsides’ - so what is your opinion about addressing these issues?

1. I am not sure how many time this has been said, the banning of players is NOT something that TW completely controls. Other parties are involved and will stay involved until TW separates from the biller and is willing to ‘step on toes’ of the other zones. Does TW just flip off these other zones/biller people and do what we want? What is the impact of doing something like getting a password reset if we alienate the biller ops?

2. If we grant everyone a pardon would we not lose the effectiveness of banning anyone? Would not players be more likely to cheat and break rules when they can justify their actions with ‘they will waive the ban at some point anyway’?

3. The zone already has already invested more time in the who have broken the rules and gotten banned. Bringing them all back will result in even more time being invested in them as they will have to be watched. Doing this smells of desperation but isn’t this time better spent on other things?
            eph

Comment

we're doing countless threads of advertising and trying to bring players in. All I'm saying is give them a shot. If they blow it and yeah reban. We've took a huge dip in population after the ddos and I believe everyone deserves a second shot. And bring back players who are already addicted to carry on playing, rather than pushing them out forcing them to quit.

Comment

There is now more people coming back to the game - my squad Gladiator has basically only revived from last night and there were a lot of twd games played last night in TW.
                TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

good to hear that the game is slowly coming back. A game I love and miss. Subspace will never die

Comment

then come back and play! Unless you're aliasing....probably...
                    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                      then come back and play! Unless you're aliasing....probably...
                      Vys? aliasing? Never! When does vys alias, except when evading lifebans? harharhar afk
                      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

My playing days are over, I'm busy with the xbox and life now. If anyone had FIFA 14 holla at me

Comment

unban ftw
                          https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I doubt anybody actually buys it but just in case anybody does I will try to clarify something... There is not some huge list of banned players just dying to get back into the zone to play. The premise that "the list of players currently banned is higher than the zone population" is extremely overdramatic and unrealistic. Unbanning everyone that has ever been netbanned (the worst of the worst) just because ONE PLAYER is overly vocal about wanting to play again would just open the flood gates to hell, and do nothing to help the population. I'm too lazy to find the exact post from M_M God but stop wasting your time even having this discussion about unbanning somebody, because it's simply not going to happen and your time/energy is better spent on more constructive things.
                              1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                              Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
                                I doubt anybody actually buys it but just in case anybody does I will try to clarify something... There is not some huge list of banned players just dying to get back into the zone to play. The premise that "the list of players currently banned is higher than the zone population" is extremely overdramatic and unrealistic. Unbanning everyone that has ever been netbanned (the worst of the worst) just because ONE PLAYER is overly vocal about wanting to play again would just open the flood gates to hell, and do nothing to help the population. I'm too lazy to find the exact post from M_M God but stop wasting your time even having this discussion about unbanning somebody, because it's simply not going to happen and your time/energy is better spent on more constructive things.
                                Free 2pac and I'll comeback to the game

Comment

Working...
                                X