No announcement yet.

TWD design change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The initial idea about valuing certain players with "leaguebux" or whatever we're calling it seems bad. It strikes me as adding complexity to a system that works fine the way it is, and adding complexity without solving any of the current issues. People will still game the system in some way (some have already provided examples of how they would do this), and then it becomes a cat-and-mouse game of staff having to hunt the abusers of the system down. Just what we need, more stuff for staff to do, right?

No, this system would not solve any problems, and would create more. Also, I've said this before: I understand the need to spread the skill more evenly among squads, but it's a tricky situation because you cannot segregate our veteran players from their friends...they will either quit or just not play. I'm sorry but I see very few redeeming qualities about this idea.

Actually we already have a competitive system where we "draft" players according to skill and even it out: it's called TWDT. What is in my opinion a good idea is to revamp TWDT. So there will only be a few squads in TWL competing realistically...fine. TWDT if executed properly will allow a mix of the best players in a ship playing with some of the newest players of a ship, and will at least in some cases cause the newer players to have a chance of victory while learning and getting better. Maybe even some of the vets will take a personal interest in helping them improve, although I'm sure some of them don't want to be bothered with that, which is fine, they can just help carry the newer players in the actual game and we'll have more upsets, more close nail-biting matches, and maybe, just maybe, a few new spaceship friends to play with that might become viable in the real competition: TWL.

Comment

Working...
    X