TWD design change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this would work if each player had to play solo as a free agent
    specific people would have to register as an owner of a team, and then there would have to be draft rounds
    then the rest of the stuff would work, but it would have to be separate from twd

and isnt that what twdt was
    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by bkgmjo View Post
      @Fork

The main problem with this is: since it is not possible to spend money on the game where you earn it this way you will have people hoarding masses of it and forcing another reset or spending it in pub and ruin gameplay with it. Should find a way to involve the bux like buy an extra death or an extra minute for the game/match.
      Yeh i don't know if the idea is possible. I feel captains/ assistants will play pub more and hoard as much money as they can (to add to the squad fund) but if this increases the pub activity- this is good.

If they are adding all that money to the squad fund (and it can't be removed once put in)- the money will only be spread to the dif players in that squad... so while i agree that the caps/ assistants initially hoard the money from playing hard in pub- (if they put it in the squad-fund) they are actually just sharing what they have earned in pub to their squad mates (via twd games). I think its better than new money being created from playing twd games. I do like the idea of buying (from squad fund) extra time/ and an extra death (for alot of money) because squads will buy things like that + play pub more to be able to afford it :P. Linking pub to twd.
      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
        this is a pretty bad idea. not being able to play with your friends just because of budget issues is lame. restrictions such as twd roster cap were already causing problems for players so why add more?
        you got to take a paycut bro, #LBJ #BigThree #Champs

Comment

Fork, the base of the idea is very good. Could make it like the big sports teams and pay per game time, kills, wins and so on. Also great to keep cash generation to pub as this will create a link, but there really has to be a squad buy system. Maybe not only for TWD. Could add squad buys in pub like put a whole squad on a priv to battle for flag and give every ship an extra green on respawn or frequent ports/bursts for their terr. If this actually gives a benefit in TWD games or whatever squad games there might come like hockey, squad races or last-squad-standing-games like bugs, zombies or multi squad deathmatch then it might encourage pub play and with that the population on the whole game. Just needs to be carefully balanced to not create game-breakers like the nukebase, epidemic or flagsaver fail ideas in pub.

Comment

going to keep this one short.

do not start making random roster capacity limits. it would do more harm than good for the zone, not to mention it has an extremely high chance of making us lose several players. this has been discussed multiple times times in the past, just let it be already and start thinking of different ways to promote twd activity.

there is some potential in a value system. players should have separate values in different leagues (elimination, public and twd) for it to work. those values could be used in future TWDT seasons, TWLM and some special events hosted by staff. there also should be a ranking list for the top 25/50 players sorted by value in that league.

having a squad treasury, something i suggested once before, could also be nice if there was ways to actually spend that accumulated money. you shouldn't add things that will create an imbalance in competition, but rather add simple things like the option to purchase more captain/assistant captain spots or the ability to purchase squad features like a hall of fame of some sorts.

Comment

I get the feeling that people offering up these "ideas" have literally no idea how the community thinks or how twd works. A pubbux payment system is a fucking joke. You think its actually going to make squads pub, you think extra deaths in a competitive twd system id a good idea. Again let me explain what will actually happen. People will get enough money for enough games to qualify for the twd whatever and stop playing. You dipshits need to understand that forcing people to do things is not how our community works. it just makes people play less overall and in this case twd would die. Every idea in this thread is terrible and it should just be deleted.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

turb is right, let a squad who contributed alot have a squad twdd/bd/jd home map (no rock changes)
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I'm in agreement with Turban on this; leave TWD roster limits alone - remove the roster caps.....we tried it and it failed. We need to look elsewhere to motivate people to be active in TWD, forcing players away from their friends is not the way. I do not like the idea that if I played with 3-4 friends on a TWD squad that after a few months together we become really good and all get fairly high $ value and due to this high amount the 4 of us can't stick together for the next quarterly season/reset.

We need to motivate people to want to play by adding in features such as Turban said with unlocks they can purchase through spacebux such as additional captaincy/assistant spots, twd page images/designs etc. I am happy with the idea of giving every TWD player a monetery value, but for this to affect who you can recruit in a TWDT style is not going to help us, it's going to turn people away.

Running TWD with TWDT style $ roster limits and players increasing/decreasing monetery value every few months just over complicates everything way too much from a captaincy perspective and it will de-motivate people to want to become captains.
                  TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                  TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                  TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                  TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

This is like when cops are running traps for seatbelts and stickers. Good thing you've stopped all the rapes and murders already and have time for this. Good thing we have fixed pub and spent the donation money so we can worry about twd. This thinking is fucked, the zone has no priorities still. How hard is it to say in a post to the entire zone and all of staff "look, we get asss up and runningx then we figure out whats wrong with pub and fix it, we then find out where were advertising tw and actually do it, and then now that we have new players and a fun pub we can finally start looking at the future and where these new pubbers will be in six months IE twd/twl/elim/base/wbduel and events. Stop fucking putting the cart before the horse and set a numbered list of things to do and say were not working on three until two is rock fucking solid and completed
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

We could always switch away from the elo style ratings we have now.
                      Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                        I get the feeling that people offering up these "ideas" have literally no idea how the community thinks or how twd works. A pubbux payment system is a fucking joke. You think its actually going to make squads pub, you think extra deaths in a competitive twd system id a good idea. Again let me explain what will actually happen. People will get enough money for enough games to qualify for the twd whatever and stop playing. You dipshits need to understand that forcing people to do things is not how our community works. it just makes people play less overall and in this case twd would die. Every idea in this thread is terrible and it should just be deleted.
                        I'm not sure which idea your refering to heh. If its regarding mine: Squads using spacemoney to qualify? Maybe when buying extra deaths... but it was just a suggestion- squads could buy other things that might not effect the game? Kthx your forgetting that if captains accumilated enough money to buy extra deaths on every game... they would have to play shit loads of pub (exactly why i'm suggesting this idea). Maybe a couple of months prior to twl- buying extra deaths/ extra time or anything squads can buy (that could affect the game) is disabled- then it would be fair for squads to qualify for twl. I know how twd runs/ i know how pub runs... i don't play pub because there is no incentive for me. Adding this idea would make me play pub ?other captains/ assistants might do the same thing? Regular players in the squad might play pub more and donate their money to an assist/ capt so they can add this to the squad fund.

For twd, new players/ regular pub players might like getting rewarded with pub money (from the squad fund that me and my assistants funded) and play twd more often. If you set 50k on adding an extra death in twd... would squads be able to afford that much money to use this on every game? Buying an extra roster spot for something like 50k would be another incentive for caps/ assistants to work hard in pub for. If a similar system can be put where it doesn't affect twd games very often (due to the high prices)... then there is no reason why twd will die. If twd doesn't increase in population- the number of players playing in pub should def increase.

Kthx instead of insulting people... make your own suggestion? or adapted version of the ideas me/ demonic suggested? If you know exactly how the community thinks/ how twd/ pub works- then it shouldn't be hard to give us an idea regarding making twd more fun.
                        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

I insult because I care. My idea? Dont put up the drywall and electrical wiring before you build the frame. After the frame is built you can worry about that.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Fork - I think you're spending too much time looking into strange and innovative ideas that aren't really going to fix the actual issues we have - You keep looking at what paint to buy to cover a damp patch on a wall rather than looking to fix the cause of the damp.

The way to sort out TWD inactivity doesn't need to be all of these complicated ideas of combining TWD and pub bux and allowing squads to buy deaths for matches, it's a few much simpler tweaks that people have already touched upon in other threads and what guys like turban and myself have said.

TWD is about having squad based matches that require skill and teamwork to win, it's about motivating people to want to play it for fun and to improve their skills/have fun with friends/be #1.
                            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

it's about time someone laid down the law to staff.

stop trying to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. instead of coming up with all these convoluted ideas that would effectively ruin TWD, we should rather focus on fixing what is currently broken before even considering any major additions to the game. once everything has finally settled down, that's when we can sit down together and consider any major improvements to the current twd structure. what we currently need are simple adjustments to the current rules, such as removing the twd roster limit. however, now is the wrong time to even consider any bigger projects. get your priorities straight, friends.

luckily our current head TWD op has an ounce of common sense. it seems likely that the current roster limit will be gone soon enough unless some upper staffer screws up his plans.

horray.

Comment

Honestly the only solution is to get every zone to consolidate in to tw. Have the four top zones premier leagues be ran on a cycle every three months out of the year so they are played once a year and theres always a league or qualifying up for one of the four major zones. You guys are always telling us to stop being selfish and to stop playing with our friends of eight years or more yet dont blink an eye at the dozen zone owners who would rather watch the game die than consolidate players and leagues into one last zone. More players fixes twd and nothing else, its not broken. Other zones already have their own societies so its instant new squads and rivalries.
                                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                                X