Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWD update - Resolution caps have been removed in TWDD/DD2 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the main arena will always be the most popular one, especially during the off season. removing the resolution limit is probably the right decision for the zone, but we should probably force it back in the main arena (TWDD, not TWDD2) during TWL season or when the qualifiers start.

TWL resolution limit should remain at 1440x900 / 1280x1024 for the rather obvious reasons.

Comment

This only serves to alienate those who use laptops and provides an unfair advantage to those that do not -however minor you may consider it to be. The appeal of this game as never been the ability to play in high resolution, if it was I would be playing this game on a PS3.
      killing newbs since 2002

Comment

Im 100% for keeping at least one dueling zone with a res cap. Alot of people use laptops (myself included) and I think fair play should be a priority, not getting sniped off-screen by some yahoo with a big screen.

That being said, I agree with kthx. This topic is rather insignificant in comparison to the much more pressing issues in the zone. We need to worry about the actual survival of the zone, not these silly and petty little dueling squabbles.
        "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
        - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
          the main arena will always be the most popular one, especially during the off season. removing the resolution limit is probably the right decision for the zone, but we should probably force it back in the main arena (TWDD, not TWDD2) during TWL season or when the qualifiers start.

TWL resolution limit should remain at 1440x900 / 1280x1024 for the rather obvious reasons.
          I am confused by this. By my comprehension of what it is that you have written you are effectively saying 'it should be in place for twl but not twd'.
          How can it be good for one but not the other, when TWL is dependent on TWD?

If you wanted to test the effects of higher resolution try playing with 800x600 and see how much more difficult it makes it.

And on a side note but not completely unrelated: just what the f*** is the role of council? We had elections but just what is their purpose? Because if it wasn't to put a stop to ill conceived arbitrary changes being forced upon us, then what the f*** is the point of their existence?
          killing newbs since 2002

Comment

sorry for being a bit unclear. typing on the phone sucks so fucking much.

what i meant that removing resolution limits is fine during the off season of twl. twd is meant to be a casual, yet competitive league. with this change we could attract more new players into playing warbirds. once twl qualifiers start it should be made clear that you only put yourself to a disadvantage by playing on that resolution, and if you want to compete ya better play on lower resolution.

its off season now. let the new players enjoy themselves for once.

Comment

don't get me wrong here. i will always vouch for fair play, but for now this change clearly has more pros than cons. hopefully we'll see more new players playing in twdd with this change; that is probably the goal with the change anyways.

when twld qualifiers start change main arena(s) back to old limits to simulate proper twld gameplay.

Comment

this is a terrible idea and it has been argued countless number of times by now. it adds an unfair advantage. not to mention this was voted down in an official poll by a large margin. this is not going to miraculously increase twd activity. stop doing useless shit.
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I respectfully disagree, I think we have established that players using higher resolution does advantage some players, otherwise you would not be advocating that they be imposed in qualifiers and TWL. Therefore, I fail to see how tampering with arena settings that are designed for fair game play will entice or benefit new players into TWD.

In the previous set up people who wanted to play on higher resolutions were still catered for as they could play in TWDD3 if they wished.
                  Saying it is OK because it is the 'off season' does not justify it either as I do not want to be playing disadvantaged for potentially 6months of the year.
                  killing newbs since 2002

Comment

And then when twl starts all these new people who have been practicing on retarded resolutions are gonna all ragequit because they are getting raped in competitive resolutions.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                      this is a terrible idea and it has been argued countless number of times by now. it adds an unfair advantage. not to mention this was voted down in an official poll by a large margin. this is not going to miraculously increase twd activity. stop doing useless shit.

Yo bro you done crying like a lil girl man up ya from NY. You can say the same shit about unfair advantage about people pulling the plug or lagging excessively like ricko purposely because they are from euro so they are allowed to lag cause staff has been kissing to much then ya wonder why his on staff.

Lets get the point now bk, you say laptop folks have fair disadvantage well yeah the guys with the smaller screen do you do realize they make 15.6,17+ inch screens now with WAY bigger resolution now because the internal graphics cards have upgraded thus allowing bigger resolution.

Let people play with res its not 1999 anymore, people can still stray you regardless of res or not and that's a fact.

Enough crying now you guys are vets stop complaining over stupid shit ffs.
                      https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

using a higher resolutions will give you an advantage, it also changes the way people play the game. that's a fact that no one can deny, but it's not the reason i would want this to be trialed.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                          using a higher resolutions will give you an advantage, it also changes the way people play the game. that's a fact that no one can deny, but it's not the reason i would want this to be trialed.
                          Same with laggots or modem pluggers you tend to go away from those idiots since you can hardly aim at them or shoot random spot near them and hope they catch it or you go to team up and get the other blue team. I'm mostly a rusher but that doesn't give me no advantage over the non-res since they can rush too if I miss.
                          https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

irrelevant fact: most people don't even play with "show ping times" option enabled. this should be on by default imo. makes it way easier to identify lagging players, such as myself. i always check ping times of other players. if i see a lot of spiking from someone i'll simply keep a safe distance from them. just in case, you know?

Comment

while u @ it give aimbots and prize shields, maybe this will attract more players also :idea2: :rifle:
                              Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
                                Yo bro you done crying like a lil girl man up ya from NY. You can say the same shit about unfair advantage about people pulling the plug or lagging excessively like ricko purposely because they are from euro so they are allowed to lag cause staff has been kissing to much then ya wonder why his on staff.

Lets get the point now bk, you say laptop folks have fair disadvantage well yeah the guys with the smaller screen do you do realize they make 15.6,17+ inch screens now with WAY bigger resolution now because the internal graphics cards have upgraded thus allowing bigger resolution.

Let people play with res its not 1999 anymore, people can still stray you regardless of res or not and that's a fact.

Enough crying now you guys are vets stop complaining over stupid shit ffs.
                                u really telling me to stop crying when you have spent the last 5 months trying to get unbanned? u done mudafka? the fact is that it gives an unfair advantage and therefore it needs to be capped. we have a restriction on lag as well and for a reason so why remove cap restrictions? it makes no sense to lift the cap for twd then place it again for twl. learn to play on the normal limits. its a fukin 2d spaceship game...u dont need to hook it up to your big screen and try to cheat yourself to victory.

and for the record i can play on 1920 x 1200 but i choose not to. ball the fuk up.
                                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Working...
                                X