Publish a marketingplan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
    It did exist, but was unfinished, and done in a programming language that was difficult to find programmers for (at least as I recall).
    Who the hell comes up with this?! If true, why did he decide (or let the developer choose) on such a difficult language?!

If anything he should reimburse the money. I've been criticizing 24 for years now because I never believed a word he said and finally you guys show me I'm right. Kick him off staff if not already. He shouldn't have anything to say or do in this zone.

24 is a fraud.

Comment

Thats simple, because he wasnt trying to actually make a website anyways.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I'm curious what programming language that was.
        Maybe stickman will finish soon. We really need a new website. . .
        sigpic

Comment

The website project is on hold as it was supposed to start the day the servers went down and for now stick and most other devs are involved in getting the ASSS version of the game ready to prevent some of the problems that occured and allow more options.

Comment

This once again proves you guys don't have a clue about what has happened and that you can't wait to start blaming staff lol. We had a new website designed so we could get a new attractive TW website up and running, easy to maintain and up to the current standards of web 2.0 and social media parts integrated. We decided to create it for Joomla, a CMS a lot of you will know and CAN use, because its relatively simple, and with one login, so you would have everything under one roof. The biggest problem for this was, however, getting the TW specific coding integrated into it, because you would need someone who understands that actual coding and the game (thus a TW web dev) to take care of that part of the website. We had/have the new website up and running and installed, ready to get those TW specific parts integrated but had a hard time finding a TW web dev to work on those specific areas. We decided to keep on working on the development of the rest of the new TW website where possible while waiting/trying to find someone to code the specific TW parts (twd,twl, pub statistics, staff, etc.). We managed to get everything up and running and ready to go but if we can't integrate the last crucial parts into it and can't connect and maintain our databases to go with it, we're nowhere. In the end it turned out it was hard to integrate our current TW coding into Joomla. But 24, Dezmond and I did everything we could to not throw this money to waste and get the new TW website up and running. We can still use it if we want to in the future, but TW Dev chose another path.
            Last edited by M_M God; 05-06-2014, 05:51 PM.
            Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
            24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
            1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

So tell me again how any of us are wrong when we said that 1500 dollars was wasted on a website that didn't work..?
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Sure, it could have been handled differently, but at that time we did what we thought was best for TW and what we thought needed for the future of TW. We didn't get to actually finish the new TW website, due to circumstances we didnt take into account or were unexpected, but we can still finish creating our new website. So I still have some hope we can use the design we had customly made for us and still have something to show for the (new) players who visit our site in the near future.
                It would be waste to just let it go unfinished and even if it takes another year, I still want to see this get done. Blame me for anything related to this if you want, but its complete bullshit to blame 24 for supposedly embezzling money or spending money on a website he "never wanted to see finished". Come and step up and take up marketing instead of always staying on the sideline where its 'safe' to criticize staff. It's easy to stand at the side line criticizing things staff does to try and keep the zone alive and sure, we do mess up sometimes, but we're all human. We're all trying to spread the TW word, get population up, keep people playing happy and carefree, but things like this make me question everything.

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Please, weve been telling you for years what to do, go do a forum search and do it.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Yeah throwing in random ideas surely helps, I can give the US government a bunch of random ideas as well, but it gets us nowhere if there's no thought behind it or if you lack the proper support or resources to make it happen. Too easy wark

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

whose fault is it that we don't have the support or resources to make the ideas happen again, your throwing away money on websites to nowhere and webcams with some subspace hooker or other random garbage instead of thinking about the big picture. Once again the leadership has failed us, I don't give a fuck what you say about the playerbase, it wasn't our job to fix the zone, it was yours, and you all did absolutely fucking nothing and let it wither away.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by M_M God View Post
                        Yeah throwing in random ideas surely helps, I can give the US government a bunch of random ideas as well, but it gets us nowhere if there's no thought behind it or if you lack the proper support or resources to make it happen. Too easy wark
                        Whooaaaa wait a second i see you brought a country into this old debate of how staff stole money which i think has no point and is just wrong on all staff levels. I wait for an apology on this matter..or else i take away your TOSTI!
                        Last edited by Raver420; 05-06-2014, 10:54 PM. Reason: STAFF did drop the ball on the website though
                        sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
                        I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
                        tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
                        im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
                        i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

Originally posted by Raver420 View Post
                          Whooaaaa wait a second i see you brought a country into this old debate of how staff stole money which i think has no point and is just wrong on all staff levels. I wait for an apology on this matter..or else i take away your TOSTI!

This is what happenes when you let fucking euro faggots run the zone on an american made game. Stop draining the money down the drain you dumb fucking staff. 1500 dollars going nowhere. Donations were setup LONG time ago and these idiots still haven't learned one thing. They got fucking dumbass staff running this game from england and euro, no wonder shit isn't being done. 24 been a fraud for life this metrosexual is busy playing games rather then wanting to help with the website etc...

M_M God your worthless human veteran this game has ever come across, I've would have done a new website with that much money and outsourced that shit to india or something and get it done cheap and effectively. Seriously Joomla? LOOOOOOOOOOL shits been around for ages there is much better shit out there now. If you want a 101 website making let me know I'll send over a iptorrents invite. Fucking useless moderators. Such a disgrace to this community should get rid of everyone one of you abusing fucks. Sucking money down the drain , specing all day abusing powers. 60+ staff members and you NOT one of you guys can't get a new website up. Fucking useless I agree with kthx on everything.
                          Last edited by 2pac; 05-07-2014, 04:28 PM.
                          https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac
                            They got fucking dumbass staff running this game from england and euro
                            Showing supreme knowledge of geography? Besides, VIE was British and Continuum made by a dumb Euro.
                            Last edited by bkgmjo; 05-07-2014, 05:02 PM.

Comment

The game was originally developed by Burst, led by Jeff Petersen, Rod Humble and Juan Sanchez, for the US branch of the now-defunct Virgin Interactive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SubSpac...e)#cite_note-8
                              https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
                                Now this is sarcasm if you needed a better example wazza... but he's dense so I will just ignore it.

Turn 3 systems into 2 systems and you're down to $800, and I'm sure people would be willing to help again with associated costs if they saw there was some actual direction/progress being made (Me for example). It's just a thought, if it doesnt work then it doesnt work. That's what the council is for
                                This is a great idea, but I feel like a brand new console might be a little excessive, maybe just the one for the vet with the most referrals. For newbies who stick around, offer a Steam gift card for $20 or so. That allows us to accommodate probably every single new player that might stick around at least for a while with the current funds.

Comment

Working...
                                X