No announcement yet.

Publish a marketingplan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is completely pointless to come up with ideas or to communicate with staff about "spending money" and a "marketing plan" since everything is corrupt. Someone said 24 left to make a website for a healthcare company?....What? The guy works at a bank as a teller, get real. Also, he bought a 60 inch TV and admitted it on fierce chat spending the TW donation money which was two or three years. Then you have MM_God who took money from some member from Dice on TWL Finals weekend. Like I said, completely pointless with these people running the show. Reckful should control everything and get rid of these bums from top to bottom & start from fresh.
    1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
    1:Zidane> congrats man
    1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
    1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
    1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

Originally posted by Rough View Post
      Also, he bought a 60 inch TV and admitted it on fierce chat spending the TW donation money
      i really, really hope this isnt true

can a 3rd party confirm this?
      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
        i really, really hope this isnt true

can a 3rd party confirm this?
        This is true you have higher power controlling the money flow and this is where staff are controlling the monies donated for their own cause. Reckless, shameful and disturbing. Everyone should out these staff members as they are a threat to the game and the zone now. 24 stealing money and M_M God taking money from squad members for what purpose? They think they deserve the money cause they staff at a zone? Foolery at it's best.

Comment

Maybe bad ol' 24 will work his way up to a non-profit organization (where he gets paid 300k/yr).

Fix the download link and make a youtube video. Pay for that 30 mins of fame on the front page of youtube.
          Someone suggested this. I forgot his name. Maybe his name was Fork.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
            whose fault is it that we don't have the support or resources to make the ideas happen again, your throwing away money on websites to nowhere and webcams with some subspace hooker or other random garbage instead of thinking about the big picture. Once again the leadership has failed us, I don't give a fuck what you say about the playerbase, it wasn't our job to fix the zone, it was yours, and you all did absolutely fucking nothing and let it wither away.
            LOOOOOOOOL shoutout to zenabee

seriously where is that 1500 since a website was never made? i wonder if 24 donated it to lasenza for his sex change operation.
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
              Originally posted by kthx View Post
              whose fault is it that we don't have the support or resources to make the ideas happen again, your throwing away money on websites to nowhere and webcams with some subspace hooker or other random garbage instead of thinking about the big picture. Once again the leadership has failed us, I don't give a fuck what you say about the playerbase, it wasn't our job to fix the zone, it was yours, and you all did absolutely fucking nothing and let it wither away.
              LOOOOOOOOL shoutout to zenabee
              Fk, me thought me was special to zenabee.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranje View Post
                Fk, me thought me was special to zenabee.
                dem yoga pants tho
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial Jeddak
                  Fix the download link and make a youtube video. Pay for that 30 mins of fame on the front page of youtube.
                  Someone suggested this.
                  ^^
                  Last edited by Wormhole Surfer; 05-31-2014, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rough View Post
                    It is completely pointless to come up with ideas or to communicate with staff about "spending money" and a "marketing plan" since everything is corrupt. Someone said 24 left to make a website for a healthcare company?....What? The guy works at a bank as a teller, get real. Also, he bought a 60 inch TV and admitted it on fierce chat spending the TW donation money which was two or three years. Then you have MM_God who took money from some member from Dice on TWL Finals weekend. Like I said, completely pointless with these people running the show. Reckful should control everything and get rid of these bums from top to bottom & start from fresh.
                    lol just seen this, come again??

I have view only access to the donations (didn't want anything more then that, and still don't) but I would like to know where that info came from, or is it random sensationalism as normally spouted to get a reaction? I'm busy working on ASSS modules etc at the moment, as if this zone survives beyond 12months, new biller, new server, new features are the only way it will happen.

"kthx
                    whose fault is it that we don't have the support or resources to make the ideas happen again, your throwing away money on websites to nowhere and webcams with some subspace hooker or other random garbage instead of thinking about the big picture. Once again the leadership has failed us, I don't give a fuck what you say about the playerbase, it wasn't our job to fix the zone, it was yours, and you all did absolutely fucking nothing and let it wither away. "

Our playerbase is a waste of space, lets be honest here. You do fuck all and expect staff to fix your petty little issues, which in case you hadn't noticed, means I got to the point where I don't give a shit really some time ago. Too many times have staff tried pampering to the playerbase, myself included, and all it ends up is with the same point: great idea's but do you jump on the dev server to make it, or do you expect someone else to do the work for you, for free none the less. Ill get the ASSS server sorted as its best for the zone, and therefore best for me in the little enjoyment I actually get out of this game nowdays, and maybe who know's I may start to enjoy doing what I did again. MM pretty much solo handles all sysops side in game at the moment, before we get the typical AFK sysop crap.
                    Lets make one thing clear, I have contributed to this game a damn side more then all of you whingers/whiners and that's just through length of time playing etc, let alone the staff side. That so called pub map by Ari you all love, oh and the old events, I originally tested with Ari to support and help develop, what actually have you done? Probably shouldn't have quoted Wark there as to be fair he has contributed more then a lot of the others, and not really sure where this rant has come from, just built up annoyance/frustration over the last year I guess at our next to useless playerbase.

Finally with Rant over - Staff's handling of donation funds have been at best, a disaster, things should have been sorted out so long ago. Is a new website priority for the funds? No I personally don't think so, although that's just my opinion. Too many discussions and not enough action for one, but no real vision about how best to proceed after that. We are talking 2005/2006 here so long before MM's sysop time, that's when things need to be sorted. We should have been going out to schools/uni's and offering java projects for dissertations/projects etc. Great school project for grades, free programmers for us to help build the games, and guess what - Target audience of players aged between 11-22. Anyways, that's hindsight, for now I will look into this spending "issue" and see if it is one or not, and hopefully this council can provide positive direction to utilise these funds. Other then that ill pop into zone sporadically, but priorities are to have a test version of the ASSS server up and running by end of june, with full league functionality + all the fun features available with ASSS.

Comment

I would hardly say the playerbase is a waste of space. Unhelpful generally, but without them, staff is as much of a waste of space. Anyone who plays a F2P game is basically a freeloader, but we at least give them a hell of a lot better chance at putting their words into actions. We do stuff, it makes problems, they complain (sometimes others in staff do also), we (should) listen and correct issues and improve the overall enjoyment of the game.
                      Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Demonic View Post
                        Our playerbase is a waste of space
                        ??

we have one of the best gaming playerbases out there. its the MAIN reason this garbage out of date game has lasted so long even with a cancerous staff team.

Comment

Fix petty little issues? You show perfectly the image a lot of player have of you along with a few other staffers. Priority is ASSS? What is ASSS really? Ya, some nice little features added, but did anyone ask for them? Can you even name a single one which is not possible with subgame? It all comes down to you wanting control of the game without Priitk. Another powerhungry sysop plan which abuses devs who try to improve. That's all it is on your side as you simply lack competence to judge any of the technical parts, which you display clearly in claiming all who ever did anything for this game were staffs. And if you didn't notics, staff is MADE of the playerbase.

Justify your position by usage? Why not make Cheese! owner then? Has the highest of all active names. Btw, how can it be that after ages of being on staff, being sysop and claiming to be able to "work on stuff" I had to explain the very basics of lag settings for an arena to you and you still didn't get it? How can you have seriously come up with changes to the racism rules that every single other person on this game thinks are total bullshit and then ignore the only part of it which sounded useful (transparency)? And how comes you keep fighting for getting the biggest idiots into high staff positions while everyone sees how shakey respect of staffers is? Oh yes, you said it, you "got to the point where you don't give a shit really some time ago".

You cover all of the players, devs and staffs who try to help others, create a fun environment and work their asses off with code, calls, newbies, training, hosting and endless testing with dirt for absolutely no reason. This game has gotten extremely creative and smart people addicted, probably has the highest percentage of coders of any community out there and offers international insights by opening up to the whole world, which is unrivaled on the net. It has lived for an extremely long time, despite most of its technology and graphics still being from mid 90s. Makes more than 20!!! years of friendships and fun inside this community. That is from the time when most people didn't even knew the internet existed and computers were for weirdos. And you, in the position of a zone leader, seriously talk of "our next to useless playerbase"?!

Nevertheless, thanks for finally being open.

Comment

The biggest things we need to do are move away from SSC and PriitK. They are holding us back on too many areas, and have outlived their usefulness to the game and zone.
                            A new client should be priority #1, with a new biller as a close second. Not to say both can't be worked on at the same time by different parties (due to different areas of coding knowledge).
                            On a zone-wide level, we could definately use some improvements. Staff isn't the well-greased machine it has been at times in the past. I'm not free from blame for it either. I used to be super active and such, but now I log in and do less actual staffing work. I'm logged on still, so still help out those who need, and still perform my jobs, but I've burned out of putting 150% in awhile ago.
                            Basically, starting from the ground up would be so much help (new client, new biller, reevaluate staff), but with the knowledge that is currently posessed, it wouldn't be a complete clean start, as we wouldn't need to "learn by discovery" on everything.
                            </ramble>

So, working on these things isn't a bad thing, but we need to still have people holding down the fort on what we've got now, and can't ignore a leaky roof when it pops up just because we are building a new house elsewhere.
                            Last edited by Shaddowknight; 06-04-2014, 06:18 AM.
                            Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
                              The biggest things we need to do are move away from SSC and PriitK. They are holding us back on too many areas, and have outlived their usefulness to the game and zone.
                              A new client should be priority #1, with a new biller as a close second. Not to say both can't be worked on at the same time by different parties (due to different areas of coding knowledge).
                              On a zone-wide level, we could definately use some improvements. Staff isn't the well-greased machine it has been at times in the past. I'm not free from blame for it either. I used to be super active and such, but now I log in and do less actual staffing work. I'm logged on still, so still help out those who need, and still perform my jobs, but I've burned out of putting 150% in awhile ago.
                              Basically, starting from the ground up would be so much help (new client, new biller, reevaluate staff), but with the knowledge that is currently posessed, it wouldn't be a complete clean start, as we wouldn't need to "learn by discovery" on everything.
                              </ramble>

So, working on these things isn't a bad thing, but we need to still have people holding down the fort on what we've got now, and can't ignore a leaky roof when it pops up just because we are building a new house elsewhere.
                              Never said staff was perfect either, but its time to stop pretending either playerbase OR staff have all the answers to things. It's time to stop pointing fingers and blaming, and doing. That was the point!

Petty little issues I mentioned, now here im referring to the stupid elements we got such as "xxx staffer said this to me, axe him, when in fact nothing was said", im not referring to development OR genuine elements such as Donations, so don't jump the gun bkg. As for justify position by usage, I never said that either, I said "just through length of time playing, let alone staff side", clearly meaning there is more to it then just play time, and in fact was a little dig at the "contributers" who don't actually play the game, i.e. non contributers.

The ASSS side as shaddow mentioned is a true issue however, and has been touched on bit by bit for some time, and would actually be the first real game update since the last continuum release both in terms of abilities to reset very old alises, squads with *unknown* and playing elements.

Anyways since clearly people cant read between the lines, I will lay it out straight: Grow the hell up with the cancerous staff crap, clearly staff are working and do a lot more for the game then your average player, or more so then your higher then average forum poster who doesn't actually play in a lot of cases. Understand things cant change on a whim, and if you expect anything different your heading for disappointment. Don't think things are moving? join Dev and make it happen, or else don't whinge that the people who work on the game for free, are taking longer then YOU who do nothing would like. Lastly for the love of god, work together to move things forward. Stop picking at every element just to make yourself look the big man on forums, your really only make yourself look like an idiot.

I don't overally care if you like what I have said or not, but I have put up in silence on it for long enough and whatever comments you put ill continue to work on area's to move the zone forward as its the right thing to do, well the only thing to do really. As for the best gaming playerbase, generally we have a good core of people BUT... we have enough idiots that look to do nothing but insult/troll everyone that takes their mood at the time, which has led to a lot more players leave this game then staff ever could at their worst. Think on that next time you decide to blame staff, or a squad, or pick on a player just because it makes u feel good.

Comment

Not to derail your otherwise constructive discussion, but Kickstarter may be a viable marketing and fundraising tool. For those of you who don't know, Kickstarter is a crowdfunding platform whereby developers, entrepreneurs, or anybody with a project that needs funding can ask the masses for donations. Kickstarter is probably well known among the intrawebz community for completely funding the Veronica Mars movie as well as Star Citizen. Recently, LeVar Burton raised $1 million dollars for Reading Rainbow in a matter of days. Granted, we are Continuum and Star Citizen is a next-gen game that will have Oculus Rift compatibility, but I have seen many pixelated games receive funding in the thousands of dollars; that meager amount would go a long way for a game like ours. We could set our target fundraising amount to $1000 or even $2000 to start. There are a litany of logistical issues that would need to be sorted out, but Kickstarter does a good job streamlining the process from what I can tell.

https://www.kickstarter.com/
                                Last edited by Tsunami; 06-08-2014, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X