X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduling of first TW Council meeting

(qan again)

After determining availability, the meeting will take place Saturday, May 17th at 7PM GMT, which is 3PM EDT.

-- SECOND EDIT --

Thank you to Wazzaaa.nl for taking the initiative here; I realize I've been absent as of late due to one expected and a couple unexpected real-life pressures. I haven't been as active as I'd have liked to be, and so have lapsed in my duty to the zone somewhat. I'd like to take the opportunity to assure everyone that I will indeed be continuing as the Council chair.

[...]

The first meeting will focus on familiarizing all members with meeting decorum, and discussing any items on the agenda. I suggest we try to keep the agenda modest in its scope and aims, rather than attempting to do everything right off the bat -- which, again, will lead us into peril, as it has time and time again in the past.

All Council members should take this time to familiarize themselves with the basics of Robert's Rules of Order. A very simple guide can be found here:

http://www.abateofaz.org/pics/Simpli...lesofOrder.pdf

A more thorough guide can be found at: http://corp.sbay.org/board/rules-of-order/ubc-sroo.pdf

-- ORIGINAL MESSAGE --

Hi folks,

The first TW Council meeting will be held on the 17th of May @ GMT 23:00 (11 pm) / EST 18.00 (6 pm).
    During this meeting we'll discuss important topics. (eg marketing, transparency, new player effort, twd, future of tw etc.)
    Hopefully everyone can make time and plan this in their agenda.
    I look forward to seeing you all on the 17th.
    Last edited by qan; 05-12-2014, 03:17 PM. Reason: First meeting information
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Who appointed this guy head of council? Anybody? Kept getting bossy messages to join the twcouncil chat (after I already had).

EDIT: Reading this, it's a little rude and I apologize. But seriously, your tone isn't very humble, did you check with any other council members, or just decide it was your job to schedule council meetings whenever you please?

Comment

I talked to him about it today, and agree. qan has been busy, so in his absence, we need to do something to get the ball rolling before this just falls through due to inactivity. I have talked to M_M God about getting things moving with Council. It's sceduled for a weekend two weeks from now. It should be long enough away to plan to be around for, and if not, to get an idea of things you would like to have brought up.
      It's also better to just set something down, than try to plan a date for a meeting, which would likely take 2 weeks in itself to accomplish.
      Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Star Fox View Post
        Who appointed this guy head of council? Anybody? Kept getting bossy messages to join the twcouncil chat (after I already had).

EDIT: Reading this, it's a little rude and I apologize. But seriously, your tone isn't very humble, did you check with any other council members, or just decide it was your job to schedule council meetings whenever you please?
        It's not my purpose to sound bossy, I just want to get the ball rolling since noone is taking any action.
        Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

who are the 11 people that voted on u fuks
          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Bump for updated information in the first post (sorry Waz).
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Just a hint for finding times when everyone is around: doodle.com

Comment

Originally posted by bkgmjo View Post
                Just a hint for finding times when everyone is around: doodle.com
                Nice, thanks for that. Seems like just what's needed.

Council members, please read your MessageBot messages in-game for a link to a poll where you can indicate if/when you can meet.
                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

After determining availability, the meeting will take place Saturday, May 17th at 7PM GMT, which is 3PM EDT.

Comment

So, how did the first meeting go? (I was working, not able to attend)

Was there a decent amount of players?
                    Was there any ranting and rambling?
                    Disorganized?
                    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
                    - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X