Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification on TW Racism Rule

Dear SSCU Trench Warriors,

Being Head BanG Op, it is my duty to specifically inform everyone of what is and isn't illegal in SSCU Trench Wars so each of you know what the rules specifically govern.

Because the racism rule change has caused a lot of debate over what is and isn't illegal, I will try my best to specifically outline what is and isn't illegal.

The changes announced by Demonic only apply to specific racist words, such as "nig" (and it's variations), "kike," "spic," and the like. In this regards, the only term that is illegal across the board is "nig" and it's variations, including but not limited to "nigga," "nigger," and "n1gg3r." However, this is where things have become confusing for most public and staffers. When it comes to words such as "kike" and "spic," they are not illegal under the racism rule exactly as I have said them here. If they are said towards any specific individual or group of individuals, then they are still illegal under the harassment rule of SSCU Trench Wars. An example of this would be "_____ is a stupid kike" or "_______, f'kin spics." However, these same terms are illegal if they have been used in a way to circumvent the obscene.txt use. For example, if someone has said "i hate f'kin sp1cs" or "stupid k1kes need to die," then they could be warned under the racism policy. When it comes to racist language, staffers have moved towards leaving players the use of ?obscene to avoid that language for the time being.

The racism rule has not changed in regards to other types of racism, such as racist conversations. If people are saying "all blacks are criminals or crack addicts," then they can be properly warned under the racism rule. Any type of racism is illegal and still actionable, but it depends on how it is used and what context.

It is best to assume that if you want to engage in racist language, it is still illegal and actionable under a rule in SSCU Trench Wars.

Lots of love,
    Left_Eye
    sigpic

First.

Comment

If you think saying "nig" is racist then you are old and out of touch.

Comment

I love Left_eye

sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
        I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
        tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
        im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
        i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

Really? Talk about making it more difficult.

Still love you though Lefty.

Comment

dumb bitch with dumb rules. get yourself banned for being racist leftovers infraction on ur ass

btw leftists is a man his name is vincent go get fucked ya wanna bitch.
            https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Left_Eye is a cool person and anyone that has a problem with this rule is a racist

the problem isn't so much with the words themselves, its the way someone is using them

when someone will repeatedly abuse any word(using them more then is normal). intentionally knowing it is bothering someone/s is a jackass that no one wants to hair or finds funny except a few other jackass fools should be dealt with even if it is not racist based.

:love: Left_Eye
              %killed says "eat,lagged,lamed,lucked,caught,strayed,spawned,te amed,typekill,vulched,rock,newbed,lol,fluke,ooops, wooops..." wa wa wa stfu

most wins/kills in old elim database

rank ---name --rate --wins-- games---- kills ---- deaths --ave
              4426 - Spacely--230 --14819 --89734-- 516061-- 670940-- 311

Comment

So is cracker racist? And clever variations of it such as saltine?
                2:Stray> dont b scared throw a verse,no worries rasaq is here it cant get worse
                2:Al KaPWN> listen to rasaq tryna act like he a baller when if he laid down on his stomach he would be a foot taller
                2:Rasaq> LOL:D
                2:Rasaq> owned
                2:UpC> LOL:turned:

Mr. Arrogant 2 enters arena
                Al KaPWN> leave!
                Al KaPWN> no axing
                Banned4Lif> hes looking for people cybering
                Al KaPWN> ?go javduel
                Al KaPWN> sef and weak were there:o

Comment

Simple solution: don't be racist, what's the point? We're not cavemen or delinquents, no need for it, period.
                  TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                  TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                  TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                  TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Luv u lefty,
                    1:RaCka> i cant concentrate at all during class i think i have 80HD
                    1:RaCka> boy this dd is worst then the hall of cost ran by hitler

1:paradise> yo i spent 4 years in school working my ass off. lost friends cuz i went so hard. i lost weight. can a ***** at least get a blowjob?
                    1:paradise> yo i spent 4 years alone studying..i mean can a nigga at least get a hug goodbye
                    1:paradise> alie and then jerk to the hug
                    1:paradise> the memory of the hug later that night
                    1:paradise> alie?

Comment

Originally posted by Ev0lUtIoN View Post
                      So is cracker racist? And clever variations of it such as saltine?
                      In certain context, it is racist. In-game, however, is only subject to the harassment rule, not the racism rule. #Idontneedyourstinkinlogic
                      Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                        We're not delinquents
                        This zone has some of the worst people I've ever experienced in any aspect of my life, and I've been on the front lines in the war on terror and face to face with Fred Phelps from Westboro Baptist Church _◕ ༽
                        1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                        Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
                          In certain context, it is racist. In-game, however, is only subject to the harassment rule, not the racism rule. #Idontneedyourstinkinlogic
                          Cracker is illegal under the racism rule when used in a racist context. Cracker is not on the obscene list because of the simple fact that it also refers to the actual thin, crisp wafer more often than used in a racist context.

When used in the racist form, it is specifically warnable under our racism rule.

For example, when someone says "I love cheese and crackers," nothing can be done because it is simply not racist. As always, context is key in determining if something is racist or not. If someone is participating in a racist conversation, then specifically says "i hate crackers," with the surrounding context, is it not hard to see what they mean by that language. Under that situation, it is warnable under our racism rule. Additionally, if someone says "ur a f'kin cracker," it is not hard to tell they mean the actual racist meaning as opposed to calling them a thin, crisp wafer.

Harassment rule would really play no part in this because cracker cannot be blocked by using ?obscene; therefore, everyone sees the word "cracker" whether they have ?obscene on or off. Only the "main" key words that are racist in and of themselves can be blocked by ?obscene, so then staffers have to use the above procedure in my first post.

As I said above, if people want to use racist language, it is safe to assume the language used is illegal and actionable under our rules.

Lots of love,

Left_Eye

P.S. Love Spacely, Mighty, Raver<420>, soupero, LF, WAR, zreqdf, and...

fiS!
                          Last edited by Left_Eye; 05-10-2014, 08:17 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Left_Eye View Post
                            Cracker is illegal under the racism rule when used in a racist context. Cracker is not on the obscene list because of the simple fact that it also refers to the actual thin, crisp wafer more often than used in a racist context.

When used in the racist form, it is specifically warnable under our racism rule.

If someone is participating in a racist conversation, then specifically says "i hate crackers," with the surrounding context, is it not hard to see what they mean by that language. Under that situation, it is warnable under our racism rule.
                            This is getting more and more convoluted, Left.

So "i hate kikes" is OK but "i hate crackers" is not OK? Seems like this is a weird exception IMO.

Can I just come out and say what I think you want to say:

***note replace chink with: kike, spic, etc.*******

You can't say n1g/nig/n1g or anything like that. you can say "chink" but not "ch1nk". you can say "i hate chinks" but not "i hate ch1nks". You CANNOT direct any slurs at an individual (e.g. "beam is a dumb chink"). Meaning you cannot direct it at any individual. Also, cracker isn't allowed at all.
                            4:BigKing> xD
                            4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                            4:BigKing> what did i do???
                            4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                            4:BigKing> ???? why though
                            4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Originally posted by Left_Eye View Post
                              "i hate f'kin sp1cs" or "stupid k1kes need to die," then they could be warned under the racism policy.
                              I thought the rule was: If you avoid the racism obscene filter you will get warned. the conditionless version.
                              4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                              4:BigKing> what did i do???
                              4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                              4:BigKing> ???? why though
                              4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Working...
                              X