No announcement yet.

Discussion appended to Basic Information thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I for one sympathise with the point you made above Mango. though I believe out of the candidates the right people were elected. If you are wondering why you were not elected perhaps you could use this as an opportunity to evaluate the reason you were not and make the changes so that next time you are.
    killing newbs since 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Star Fox View Post
      I've been around since '97, and I've seen most of the changes (I wasn't an active player the whole time) and know what's up. I'm not the best player by any means, but I've dabbled in almost every aspect of the game. Meanwhile, who are you to talk shit? Are you good at anything in the game besides fervently advocating "free speech" with your ASCII drawings, being so annoying in game that I had to add you to auto-block? I didn't expect to do as well as I did, because I know not everyone knows me, but I'm pretty certain I could do better than you.

That said, if you want my spot that badly and you can get enough people to agree with you, you can fucking have it. I applied only because I want to contribute any little bit I can to stop this game from dying, and all I remember from your application is shit about how everyone should be able to say niggers freely. But I'll leave it up to TW.

Keep getting pissed off at text on the internet, its morons like you that keep idiots like me going.

And yeah, my "application is shit about how everyone should be able to say niggers freely." Well there really aren't any other issues to be discussed on council, besides pub settings, which I clearly gave my opinion on, while you didn't give any in specific.
      You didn't say anything in your application about changing anything, it honestly looks like an application for staff more than anything. You think we should all hold hands and make the zone a better place. It looks all dandy on paper, but its like you haven't even played the zone in the past 5 years. You need a reality check. Events are hosted daily, with measly turnouts. And remember the last time they brought back TW radio? They got maybe 3 people to listen.. This council isn't gonna wave its magic wand and bring trench wars back to life. You aren't contributing anything, you just spouted out what everyone wants without offering any solutions to make it happen.

You think you can do better than me? Thats just pathetic. We all know this council won't accomplish a single thing. This whole thing is a fucking joke, one that you obviously didn't get.

Honestly, I never really cared to be on this council. I expected my application to get thrown out. I just felt like giving my opinion. qan is just a standup guy for letting me run. I guess he saw some sincerity through all the bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Star Fox View Post
        Sure thing, and yes it's down for everyone if you hadn't been keeping up. Everyone went to T3, then when that went down to Powerball, now everyone is in some zone I hadn't heard of until today called Omega Fire, 80+ in there. Apparently it's not part of the SSC datacenter so it's not affected, BUT the owner did receive a notice from his ISP that he was being targeted by a DDoS.
        Not to split this topic's conversation, but this is accurate. I was notified late yesterday that the server running Omega Fire was encountering a DDoS attack and was successfully managed by the host. At that same time I logged in and noticed 80-90 players in the server. Since then I've been working with PoLiX to help provide any information that I can, however, my host generally does not release information about the attacks. If there is anything else I can do to assist in the meantime, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by CypherJF View Post
          Not to split this topic's conversation, but this is accurate. I was notified late yesterday that the server running Omega Fire was encountering a DDoS attack and was successfully managed by the host. At that same time I logged in and noticed 80-90 players in the server. Since then I've been working with PoLiX to help provide any information that I can, however, my host generally does not release information about the attacks. If there is anything else I can do to assist in the meantime, please let me know.
          Yeah, whoever was targeting you there is a good chance the method of attack they were using is the same that was used against SSC. If you can persuade your ISP to provide you any technical details about the attack, it might help whoever is actually in control here (Priit I guess) fix it. Thanks for any help you can give.

Comment

Since hosts may be concerned about sharing attack information, could someone try to put the hosts directly together?

That is, Omega Fire's host may have better DDoS mitigation strategies, so is it possible to inform the ISPs for zones that are down to maybe ask Omega Fire for help?

Why is the whole internet getting DDoSed now .

Comment

so satisfying to see this mango idiot getting put in his place
              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
              SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

hallucination, on 04 Apr 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

No news so far today... I'll post when I hear something substantive. Folks have mostly been doing a pretty good job of reporting on the situation (DoS attack on SSC servers).

I'm not sure the perpetrator(s) are aware they are committing a felony under US (and other country's) laws with significant mandatory jail time and fines associated with this crime. The host of the game server, which is not a small company, will not look on this attack lightly as they would not wish for any of their business to be affected.

This is a game that people hopefully have fun playing and talking in that is completely player run and funded - a number of us, myself included, pay money every month to keep the lights on.

The rules to be able to keep playing on these private servers are mostly pretty easy going - at least in Chaos you have to ignore copious warnings and break the rule(s) over and over to get banned for any length of time (except for actual hacking which we see maybe once or twice a year [which is technically difficult and never by regular players who, you know, want to keep playing]). Netbans from any zone are very infrequent and exactly two people have been netbanned this year from any zone.

The list of people that would do this is quite small. Does the perpetrator realize their situation? Do they really think the risk is worth it? Does the perpetrator really want a visit from the FBI? I'm not sure they are thinking very clearly about this.

--hallu

fyi
                The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Discussion appended to Basic Information thread

This is a thread for the discussion found in the Council Basic Information thread. Previously this forum was not open to public posting, and so the thread had not been locked, as it should have been originally.

I'll be updating that thread with relevant changes to Council structure. Notably, the TWD & TWL staff positions on Council have been merged to a League position so that the Bans department, which was not represented previously, may have a seat at the table.

The Council forum may undergo additional restructuring in the near future to facilitate discussion and also allow a place for official business (motions passed, meeting minutes, meeting logs, etc.) to be posted.
                  "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                  -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
                  X