【 TWD & TWL 】 squad inactivity during the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 【 TWD & TWL 】 squad inactivity during the season

most of you have seen this scenario happen every season that we have had in the recent years.

once TWL starts, you will gradually start seeing less and less matches being played in TWD and that continues all the way until the off season begins. these periods of inactivity are not good for the wellbeing of the zone and should be addressed urgently by giving squads some incentive to continue being active in TWD. after some amount of thinking, i came up with one suggestions to tackle this ongoing problem, but its merely an idea and far from being the perfect solution. here is the short version of my idea:

TWD would be reset in three month cycles, four times a year, and during these periods you would have different types of competitions running, such as TWL and its qualification periods (6 months), TWDT and other tournaments. we could even look into the possibility of running TWL twice a year after sorting out some of the current problems in the league format.

during these three months squads would be given tasks that they could complete to unlock features by being active in TWD - play more games to unlock more features. simple. these unlockable features would include items such as home arenas, option to give nicknames to players, additional assistant and captain slots, more time to add a lineup during TWL (!timeout) for that weekend and more, but nothing that would actually give a squad an edge in competition. none of the features that your squad has unlocked would be permanent, but would last for a short while (e.g. two reset cycles) to encourage squads to keep playing. it would also promote squad longevity which is important in my eyes.

i was planning on doing a longer post, with greater detail, but most of you probably wouldn't have the patience to read through a 3000 word essay.

what do you guys think about this? what could be improved or what kind of ideas do you have to promote squad activity during the TWL season, or in general?

TL;DR: twd is inactive, especially during twl season. could give some incentive for squads to continue participating in TWD: play matches to unlock squad features and bonuses in twl. twd would be reset four times a year and twl would be hosted twice a year.

TL;DR beam version: twd inactive. squads could unlock features by playing. twl twice/year.
    Last edited by Turban; 06-09-2014, 09:07 AM.

cud u tl;dr this

:nice:
    1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
    Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
    1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
    1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
    beam> stfu tsunami
    Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
    beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
    Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

not readin that crap man.. give me the gist in 10 words or less
      Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

ye need tl;dr am sry
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

have given this ultimate tl;dr version even though my opening post was the short version already. LOL

Comment

Great idea. If you look through my old posts I had made one about prestige ranks for individual players. I like the idea of rewarding a squad as a whole, but sadly some players are just here to play and are not actually loyal to the core of the squad they are on, so they would be more likely inclined to aspire to achieve personal goals rather than squad-based goals. So maybe there can be achievements for squads as a whole, AND for individual players (maybe the individual achievements wouldn't be reset with time, as they can be a measure of skill for a captain to assess whether someone is a worthy recruit).

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...l=1#post864127

Comment

Working...
            X