No announcement yet.

TWEL Season 10 - Cash Prizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should also make sure no one is able to use 1920 resolution. The dueling boxes are already small enough and it's 1v1, no one needs to be on that resolution. It should be set to TWL resolution. The duels need to be about skill not how much more of the map you can see than the other guy. Many people have complained about the resolution in duel and nothing has yet to be done about it. It's a league, it should be treated like any other league with a reasonable resolution cap.

Comment

There were just 50+ ppl in ?go duel, so something is working.

Comment

The first day of qualifying had ?go duel at 40+ people in the arena for over 8 hours, peaking around 65 which was far more than pub around 9pm.

In less than 24 hours:
        79 people dueled in WB
        74 people dueled in jav
        16 in spid

249 Warbird duels
        204 Jav duels
        16 Spider duels

Almost 500 duels in one day. I'm not sure if ?go duel has ever seen that kind of activity. Thanks for those who participated/will participate.

I'm going to begin looking into:

- Resolution caps for warbird specifically
        - Considering a replacement for the jav map. Maybe we could possibly create some boxes with the baseelim or twjd map and have people try them out.
        - Possibly making the minimum game requirement higher than 10 games. Some people are breezing through 10 games in just the first day. Turban is at 39 games in jav.. da fuk
        - Creating rewards for playing a certain amount of duels - I want to promote activity for everyone and give incentive for beginners to duel, a lot.
        - If turn out becomes much bigger, I will consider expanding the bracket to a higher number. This would probably end up having first round byes for the top duelers on the ladder. Depends on how qualifying looks from this point on.
        PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
        ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Just curious why resolution caps are being addressed at all. Dueling for me has never been about going into a duel and fooling around, it's been about playing my best and winning or losing depending on how that best matches up. I've played this game primarily on my native res, and yeah that's high resolution, 1920x1080, I've dissagreed with resolution caps in the past over and over, arguing that seeing a larger field of view has trade offs to it's benifits. Such as targets being much smaller. This isn't Twl. Where straying is going on nonstop, you can't expect to sit back and use a res just to Shoot long range shots, it's gonna be up close and personal, especially in wbduels. My res will not be an issue whatsoever against someone that sticks close to me, if anything it'll be a disadvantage at close range. So to argue the point about reses on this forum is just someone trying to gain an advantage over people that play on native high def. Because you CAN argue the fact that forcing those players onto resolutions that do not, and aren't meant to fit their screens IS a disadvantage to them. Leave Res caps alone, In twl I'd agree that a res can impact a fight, just based on the range that most of those games take place at, but the same is not true for duel arena. If you let someone sit back and lob shots at you, then you're a fool and have no idea what you're doing. Learn to duel.

Comment

Originally posted by LaSenza View Post
            Just curious why resolution caps are being addressed at all. Dueling for me has never been about going into a duel and fooling around, it's been about playing my best and winning or losing depending on how that best matches up. I've played this game primarily on my native res, and yeah that's high resolution, 1920x1080, I've dissagreed with resolution caps in the past over and over, arguing that seeing a larger field of view has trade offs to it's benifits. Such as targets being much smaller. This isn't Twl. Where straying is going on nonstop, you can't expect to sit back and use a res just to Shoot long range shots, it's gonna be up close and personal, especially in wbduels. My res will not be an issue whatsoever against someone that sticks close to me, if anything it'll be a disadvantage at close range. So to argue the point about reses on this forum is just someone trying to gain an advantage over people that play on native high def. Because you CAN argue the fact that forcing those players onto resolutions that do not, and aren't meant to fit their screens IS a disadvantage to them. Leave Res caps alone, In twl I'd agree that a res can impact a fight, just based on the range that most of those games take place at, but the same is not true for duel arena. If you let someone sit back and lob shots at you, then you're a fool and have no idea what you're doing. Learn to duel.
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by LaSenza View Post
              1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
              Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
              1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
              1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
              beam> stfu tsunami
              Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
              beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
              Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

My you sure are the curious one, aren't you? Figured you would be the only one to post against a lowered resolution cap. Pretty simple, it's a league, there needs to be some kind of even playing field. Sounds complicated I know right? Even more so with money being paid out, there needs to be an even playing field for everyone. If you can't wrap your simple mind around that, I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

YEA MAN I LOVE VSING PPL ON CHEAT RESO'S.......ITS SO FUN VSING LASENZA WHEN HE SAYS OFF MY SCREEN THE WHOLE TIME, KNOWING I CANT SEE HIM SOUNDS LIKE FUN?

Comment

Need to blame that on staff. People have been complaining for years about the resolution in duel. Doubt they will change it anytime soon even though they are paying the winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                      Y that pic still make me laugh everytime i c it?

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                        ow

Comment

Working...
                        X