No announcement yet.

TWEL Season 10 - Cash Prizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe try playing in pub and see how many new players come in and how many even stay? Can you say the same thing about leagues?

Comment

Don't know why you idiots continue to bring up getting new players constantly and spending more money to acquire them. Our pub is fucking trash and there literally is no appeal to it. Newbies don't read chat, don't know how to play the game, and when they see themselves being spawned over and over again they quit and uninstall. Next, every time I'm in pub I see the same idiots on a priv freq LTing and they also happen to be apart of staff gr8. I guess they have to be good at something, right?

Comment

Find it also funny how many of you don't think this will increase the zone activity but you fail to mention that it also won't decrease the zone activity. TWEL is a shit league and I do agree. With incentives to win it will only increase the activity of the zone and you never know some day Pubber123 will put on his headband in order to win some extra cash or pub bucks whatever.

Comment

The incentive for pub players to try to become more competitive is greater exposure of our competitive leagues so they can see that this game has so much more to offer, and if they are of the competitive nature then maybe they will want to improve as players to be able to compete at that level. If we do not advertise and show off and improve on our leagues of TWD/TWL/TWEL/TWDT then we are not showing players who do not already compete in those leagues that these leagues exist.

I really do not understand how some people here do not see the importance of improving our competitive leagues to have old player retention, you think it's a good route to go down to purely focus on bringing in new players at the expense of the people who have played this game for 6+ years? We need to be able to balance both new player retention and catering to our vet players, why would a new player stick at a game that has absolutely no advancement to it outside of playing pub and there are no old players there to share the history and knowledge of this game to them?
          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I shall log on for this, thanks Myth. Ignore all these haters, donating $100 of your own money and people are still complaining.
            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
            DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
            DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
            DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
            1:waven> is if im going to prison
            1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Perhaps in the original post you should have noted that you were paying for some of this yourself, Mythril. $165 of donation is much better, and if players are willing to co-sponsor a league, there's nothing wrong with TW donations matching them. But money hasn't been necessary to the (varying) success of other leagues, so pardon us if we have some questions.

You're getting complaints for advertising the money prizes, which TWLM didn't. Moreso than TWEL, it's those sort of expenditures that we have to watch. So where are you getting the donation money from? "Cash Events" seems perfect, as Weekend Event cash prizes aren't common.

The reason for this though, is that money is better spent on things to bring new players into the zone, rather than making people continue to log in. If you read back over older threads, you'll notice plenty of posts regarding player turnover rates. The fact is, the game doesn't survive solely by vets continuing to play. If this were true, we'd have similar population levels compared to "the good ol' days". Which leads to my next question, what incentive is there for pub players to signup for TWEL? I don't think there's any pretending (despite the lack of repeat champions, as Mythril stated) that few players are genuine contenders for the title. More than TWL or TWD though. And what of the chance for new players to be recruited into squads, as turban said? I would be pleasantly surprised if any of our vet squads will recruit someone solely for their TWEL performance. So again, what incentive is there for pub players to signup for TWEL? Perhaps you have something with these pub bucks prizes. Maybe the players who actually play pub will compete if they have a genuine chance of winning.

But in order to get there, the pubbers have to sign up! What are our TWEL staffers doing to encourage our fresher talent to join the competitive dueling scene? TWDT is being zoned constantly, TWD/TWL have squads recruiting people into the community, but with pub duels as sophisticated as the currently are, perhaps you should consider something more. As stated above, pub bucks prizes would be a terrific way to arouse the hungry pubber.

But more importantly, we need active advertisement in the public arenas to get players to ?go duel and signup. If you would like staff's help with this, you should perhaps ask instead of insulting our SysOp-declared (Not self appointed) Head of Support staff (i.e. in charge of <ZH>s) and Staff Communication Officer (the person in charge of communicating between the player base and staff).
              In hindsight, I probably should have stated I was funding some of the cash prize myself. I also could have gotten at least one question asking where the money was coming from instead of the instant judgment and backlash that was received by people. This thread was written to lay down the ground work for the upcoming league, not to go into detail about everything else.

"The fact is, the game doesn't survive solely by vets continuing to play. If this were true, we'd have similar population levels compared to "the good ol' days"."

I'm hoping this isn't actually what you believe. You are insinuating that every vet from 2002 is still currently active and the only playerbase we've lost are pub players? That's absurd. As I stated earlier, the funds should definitely be used towards TW Advertising. That's exactly why we have a branch under donations labeled 'TW Advertising' and this cash prize will not touch that at all. I just also believe maintaining the current competitive players is just as important. More competition generates more interest. More incentive generates more competition. As someone who competes at the highest level in every league, this is a fact.

As I have also stated earlier, TWEL is not the ideal league for introducing newer players to, but hopefully some players from pub will be exposed to higher level competition than what pub can offer. Winning the whole thing will obviously be unrealistic, but exposure to different leagues will benefit them and hopefully make them want to become better players. Pub dueling has increased in popularity and hopefully that can shift over to ?go duel with the pub-bux incentives. Maybe we could also create something like a small pub bux reward for pubbers who have never signed up to get them to at least enter ?go duel and !register. Just a thought. Luckily for them, TWDT will be running simultaneously which is a much more realistic league if they want to try out competition.

If Shaddowknight is really the Staff Communication Officer, maybe he should know that communicating through PM and actually having a direct conversation is much quicker, more efficient, and more clear than coming into this thread about a league he knows nothing about and adding more drama and resistance to the league while liking every post from skeptics and players who have never left pub. Every staffer that I have reached out to so far has been more than willing to work with me. Zoners will be up, the site will be updated, the bot will be reset, the ?go duel enter message will be up for season 10 and everything else that is required is already being dealt with. This was all accomplished through communicating through PM's with staff and without stirring up more drama on this forum.

I will work with anyone for the benefit of the zone, but if staff's biggest concern is introducing new players to leagues then I don't know why I'm expected to run to all of you and create all the ideas. If it's the game's #1 priority, staff should be coming to the League Ops and doing their part to work with us as well. Leagues should be taken advantage of by staff for the exposure they bring. If there's specific departments for bringing in new players, why are they sitting around and waiting for League Ops to come to them to do their job? My job is to run TWEL.
              PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
              ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

You should also not assume I know nothing about this league.
                I could have come to you in PM, but it was more important to get the public's opinions on the matters.
                As you can see from this thread, the severe lack of support for it warrants a closer look at things, as I had expected to some extent.
                One on one communication is fine when needed, but open public communication is better when it's concerning the zone, where all of their opinions matter just as much.

I am more than willing to help you with things, should you come to me and ask me to set up things such as those zoners, but it's on you to seek it from me.
                Former TW Staff

Comment

nvm, i'd like to win $150
                  1:RaCka> i cant concentrate at all during class i think i have 80HD
                  1:RaCka> boy this dd is worst then the hall of cost ran by hitler

1:paradise> yo i spent 4 years in school working my ass off. lost friends cuz i went so hard. i lost weight. can a ***** at least get a blowjob?
                  1:paradise> yo i spent 4 years alone studying..i mean can a nigga at least get a hug goodbye
                  1:paradise> alie and then jerk to the hug
                  1:paradise> the memory of the hug later that night
                  1:paradise> alie?

Comment

this is a good idea, thanks for promoting it! I just wish it would have happened a few years earlier when i was better
                    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

also, the best way for a new/bad player to get better is by doing lots and lots of 1v1 dueling. don't miss this opportunity!

Comment

here comes the third post because i cant edit...

have there been any talk about changing the javelin base to a more twljish one?

Comment

we could make that a reality, sure.

the current layout of the javelin dueling area is atrocious to say the least, it could definitely be improved and updated.

Comment

Everyone has an equal chance at the prize money considering it's all 1v1..

So if you're crying because you're bad and don't think you'll win that's your own fault

You don't see Finland crying about the World Cup even though they'll probably never win it..

At least you have a chance to qualify :nice:
                            1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                            Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                            1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                            1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                            beam> stfu tsunami
                            Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                            beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                            Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

never played TWEL, how do i signup?

Comment

33 players playing at the moment, or spectating. i'd consider that a success with this little advertising.

Comment

Working...
                                X