Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

【 season 19 】 double elimination playoffs (updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 【 season 19 】 double elimination playoffs (updated)

we are going to try something new and different this season with the playoffs. we are going to use is something very popular in modern gaming tournaments, double elimination playoffs, which will increase the overall competitiveness of the playoffs and ensure that we will have the very best teams facing each other in the finals. ideally we would do these playoffs with more teams participating, but given the current state of the game (and amount of squads) it's not happening.

without further talk, here is how the schedule would look like at the moment (placeholder squads as an example):

Winner's Bracket
    Quarter-Final Matches
    Best of Three / 20 Min
    November 16th
    Winner's Bracket
    Semi-Final Matches
    Best of Three / 20 Min
    November 23rd
    Final
    Final
    Best of Five / 15 Min
    December 14th
    Cobra
    drops to loser's bracket
    (1-2) Spirit
    advances
    Spirit
    advances
    (2-1) Spirit
    starts the finals with 1-0
    Royal
    advances
    (2-0)
    Royal
    drops to loser's bracket
    Fierce
    drops to loser's bracket
    Loser's Bracket
    Semi-Final Match
    Best of Three / 20 Min
    November 23rd
    Loser's Bracket
    Final Match
    Best of Three / 20 Min
    December 7th
    Final
    Final
    Best of Five / 15 Min
    December 14th

Royal
    out of the playoffs
    Cobra
    advances
    (0-2) Cobra
    starts the finals with 0-1
    (2-1) Cobra
    advances
    Fierce
    out of the playoffs

all playoff matches, with the exception of the finals, will feature a best of three series in TWLJ/TWLD and a time race to 20 minutes in TWLB. you can see the current schedule above this post.

we start the playoffs with the winner's bracket quarter-finals with #1 vs #4 and #2 vs #3 facing each other. winning teams will advance to the next round to the winner's bracket semi-finals where as the losing teams will drop down to the loser's bracket quarter-finals for another chance to climb to the championship match.

the team that grabs victory in the winner's bracket semi-finals will advance to the championship match while the losing team drops down to the loser's bracket semi-finals to face the winner of the loser's bracket quarter-finals match.

whoever wins the loser's bracket semi-final match will face the squad that won the winner's bracket semi-final in the final weekend.

finals will feature a best of five series in ALL three leagues. basing matches will be a race to 15 minutes. the squad that won winner's bracket semi-finals will start the series with 1-0 aggregate over their opponent.

there will be a minimum of two games in each league (3-0) with the maximum being four matches (2-3) if the loser's bracket champion manages to get the upset win.

tl;dr: double elimination. fun times. four weeks. ends before christmas.
    Last edited by Turban; 10-29-2014, 04:39 PM. Reason: fixed

This seems absolutely fine to me and a well needed mix up. It gives the winner of the winners bracket a reward for being the most consistant and it also allows for squads who lose a shot to still make it which adds a little bit more excitement to the season. Let's propose it to everyone and see if it's well received.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

.. this is the public TWL subforum, silly.

added tl;dr version.

Comment

I realised that after I wrote it but I can't edit any of my posts or delete them on these damned forums!
        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

gud
          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

updated the opening post.

Comment

Working...
            X