TWD Players Vs. Bots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD Players Vs. Bots

I was wondering if it would be possible to implement bots into TWD gameplay. In essence you could basically log in to TW anytime and just challenge a team of 3-5 bots (adjustable difficulty), and face them with your team of 3 to 5 players. Its basically a twdd/twjd game with bots as your opponents. I'm not sure what the coding process of this would entail but I doubt it would be impossible. Coding them for basing might be a challenge. There seems to be a bot you can place on top of the flagroom in pub already. If movement is added to it then it could be a possibility right?

PROS:
    - A player can log in anytime and play in this format. A player/group of players don't have to rely on zone/squad activity to play.
    - Best way to generate interest in competitive and non-competitive players due to the adjustable difficulty levels of the bots.
    - The possibilities are endless if bots were introduced. You could even do 1 on 1 duels with them or a group of players could team up to face 1 giant AI Boss.

CONS:
    - Coding seems challenging and time consuming. It may not even work with the current settings of TW but may work if we transitioned into ASSS?
    - May require the usage of donation money for the coding. (Great way to use that money imho.)
    - Staff organization is putrid and the amount of corruption and mall cop personalities could stop such a plan from ever becoming reality.

tl;dr - fuk ursilf
    Last edited by Crescent Seal; 06-27-2014, 01:02 PM. Reason: sukdik
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

I feel they should have done this a long time ago when we had the coders :P... I would love to see this happen because people will log on to vs them any time of the day. These bots don't have to be perfect: In warbirds: They would need to have some form of dodging/ very good aim (which is possible) but to make up for the lack of dodging they could have x2 recharge rate meaning they fire an extra bullet by the time u fully recharge once (to make it challenging).

If staff told me this is what they are planning to do when they move to ASSS- it would make a whole lot of sense to why they want TWS to become ASSS. To save the game or increase the population: stuff like this would need to be implemented to interest old players that don't really play anymore (though they log in once in a long time to see if anythings changed). Increase the fun= increase of population.

I'm sure if staff worked out how much it will cost to implement something like this and told the public it will cost $____ to get implement on ASSS- people would donate (well i would).
    Last edited by Fork; 06-27-2014, 01:29 PM.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
      I was wondering if it would be possible to implement bots into TWD gameplay.
      answer: yes
      the infrastructure is already in place

and of course it can happen on asss
      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Working...
      X