TWEL-D Season 10 Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWEL-D Season 10 Predictions

With qualifying coming to a close and playoffs on the horizon, here are the predictions for the first TWEL Cash tournament in the Warbird division.

1. RaCka - In my opinion, the favorite to win it all. By far the best punisher in the game, he's the most dangerous warbird dueler playing in TWEL-D this season. His rush, unorthodox flying and chase down ability leave almost no room for error in the opponent's shot selection and positioning. The only way to beat him is to kill him with high percentage shots and hope to get him out of his aggressive zone where he can steam roll you quickly. Good luck doing that 10 times. I see most of his duels being less than 10 minutes long as most opponents, especially in the early rounds, will be overwhelmed and lose focus against his aggressive style.

2. Mythril - Reigning champion from last season. My main strengths are my positioning and being able to play any style at an elite level. I can adjust to any opponent and my patience allows me to play 30+ minute duels while still being focused and hold a high IQ about shot selection and positioning. My dueling is very calculated and safe which allows me outlast pretty much any opponent.

3. LaSenza -The champion from 2 seasons ago. Made a name for himself by being an elite dueler and is probably the most experienced of anyone in the zone at 1v1. Elite aim, dodge and dueling experience makes him an obvious favorite. Although midrange is his main source of kills, he's added chasing and rushing ability in the last couple years. He lost in the semis last season in a close 10-8 match against myself but has seemed to get his footing back as he's posted an absurd 76-1 dueling record during qualifying. He's #1 on the ladder and currently over 250 points ahead of #2.

4. Ease - The best squad dueling warbird is throwing his hat into the 1v1 league. His unique spin tactic is the source of the game's best aim and the illusion of movement that it brings helps with his dodge. I've dueled this faggot and it's unbelievably hard to gain position on him. He pivots out of the way effortlessly while shooting accurate as fuck bullets nonstop. His lack of dueling experience could cost him though.

5. Iron Survivor - TWEL-D Finalist has been dominating the TWEL-D qualifying for the past month. Some say he holds a big advantage because of his lag but I've dueled him and I didn't see much of that having much of an effect. His aggressive mid range nature will be tough for anyone to deal with.

6. Ricko - Always an elite warbird who is always playing on a mediocre squad. I believe this is his first TWEL so his individual skill will shine in this tournament. British lag along with a nasty midrange will put him in position to win the whole thing.

7. Last Standing - The guy has been using the same style for 10 years and it still works. He's a ninja. It's hard and frustrating trying to kill him and you have to be extremely smart to chase him down or rush him because he's very smart at reading energy. Will take someone with a shit ton of patience and aim to take him out.

8. Star Fox - The runner up from last season is back. He's a solid dueler who took down a heavy favorite Best last season in the semis. Most people don't know how he duels and I think it's a big advantage for him.

9. Beam - The game's most annoying troll. Log on at any given night at 4am and you'll see beam in pub bullying a kid out of 100,000 hard earned pub bux. He's taking his trolling talents to TWEL-D apparently not for the cash prizes but for the pub bux prizes. Very strange person.

10. Cres - One of the only noobies from 2008 who has actually become a solid competitive player in today's game. His skills, in particular his aim, have gotten much better in the last year and is the reason he's 4th on the dueling ladder right now. The 'cres dodge' will also be responsible for at least 4 kills per duel.

Other notable competitors:

Quart - A guy who I recognized had serious talent years ago. I think he recently started playing again and he's flown under the radar. Will cause some upsets.

Flew - I think he's actually a better 1v1 dueler than squad dueler. Patience, aim and punishing ability will could also cause him to upset some of the top duelers.

Attacks - Inactive as fuck but plays a similar style to Last Standing

Tripin - Good player, could have been starting on more than half the squads in TWL if he wasn't on Fierce

Casket - No idea how this guy even qualified considering he hasn't taken this game seriously in 5 years. He's a TWLD champ despite the fact I destroyed him last TWEL season. MY BOY

Ogron- Legendary league operator who is bringing his talents to the warbird division along with the spider division. It will be hard for him to juggle both leagues while still being the greatest TWDT League Operator of all time. Not sure if he can do it.
    PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
    ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

It's pretty frustrating playing most of the people you mentioned up there because they all have a combination of raw skill, high game iq, patience, awareness, and experience. I find dueling extremely boring and was trying to get myself to like it. I doubt I will do well.

Ease - His spinning movements and high game iq make it nearly impossible to position well against him and on top of that his accuracy is probably the best in the game.

RaCka - The most successful and consistently aggressive styled wb to ever play this game. If you are a trigger happy wb like me, his style is your kryptonite. Nearly impossible to escape his rush.

Mythril - The jack of all trades. This guy has found a perfect balance in knowing when to be aggressive and when to be passive and makes high iq decisions making him extremely tough to beat.

LaSenza - The king of patience. He will wait for the opponent to shoot first 90% of the time. Time means nothing to this guy and he will play for 8 hours if it means winning. Smart play and high "game stamina" make him a strong opponent. Probably has some fierce nerd on vent tracking his opponents energy the entire duel as well.

Iron Survivor - Even without the lag, this guy is a formidable opponent. The reincarnation of Mega Newbie has a good balanced style.

Last Standing - This guy has a very unique style. His dodging is very subtle and effective and his experience in this game makes him dangerous.

Apok - I'm sure he will meet the qualification deadline and make a deep run in TWEL-D. When he isn't sending condescending pms to his opponents (lol), he is capable of beating the best in the business.

Star Fox - Effective style for dueling. Manages to stay under the radar and has the ability to pull the most upsets.

Ricko - A smart player that is more suited for team play but is capable of stressing out the best.

Turban - This guy just destroyed Apok and Lasenza in twdt-d single handedly. Has shown flashes of warbird dominance throughout his career and should not be taken lightly.

Vash - Highly experienced in dueling but past his prime. Has the potential to make a deep run.

got bored will add more later
    Last edited by Crescent Seal; 07-17-2014, 11:53 AM.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

am going 2 vs sum upsets in TWEL-D

Comment

lol forgot about elite 20 kill twdt-d player Turban. I'll update this once more people qualify in the next couple days. Didn't want to rank people who haven't qualified just yet.
        PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
        ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

MY BOY coming after u tho son

Comment

Maybe try setting a sane resolution cap. If you really want to know who is playing the best, you may want to put everyone on around the same resolution. What kind of league doesn't have some kind of standard. No one should be playing on 1920x1080 that's just ludicrous for dueling 1vs1. As usual, I don't expect staff to do anything about it. Just pointing out how stupid it is.

Comment

Wait there's no res cap? LOL what a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Welfare View Post
                Wait there's no res cap? LOL what a joke
                It is a joke. You think being a league it would have some kind of standards but you would be wrong. You have people using 1920 resolution keeping you at a distance where they can see you but you can't see them on radar and screen. Don't worry though staff will do nothing to fix it even though lots would welcome it.

Comment

Is there really no res cap?? Its hard radaring as it is since the radar appears distorted in the duel arena so being able to see your opponent on the screen without them seeing you is a massive advantage. Allow fix.
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I think Lasenza will win
                    Last edited by PrOnEsSim; 07-19-2014, 02:41 PM.
                    TWLD Champion 2014
                    TWDTB Champion 2013
                    TWDTB Champion 2016
                    TWDTB Champion 2017
                    TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                    -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

If there's no res cap ur all fucked, lasenza will lob u to death from a completely different arena

Comment

Racka vs Star Fox
                        Mythril vs Ease

make those matchups happen, i seen all these guys play and those 2 would be the best quality duels to put on espn

Comment

actually ease vs myth will probly end up being a lob fest, make the Racka vs Star fox duel happen tho that'd be non stop action

Comment

remove the radar and have a 1280x1024 resolution limit. that should be interesting at least.

Comment

Working...
                            X