Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

【 season 19 】 regular season schedule (seeded)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 【 season 19 】 regular season schedule (seeded)

What has changed this season in terms of scheduling?

We have increased the amount of games that can be played at a certain time slot up to 5 when it used to be 4. We felt that there was a need for an increase as the squads will play twice per week in TWLD and TWLJ, however had we had increased the number higher then we would have been overburdening ourselves and everyone on staff with the extreme amount of games running at the same time. Not to mention that players would miss several games (or be unable to spectate as many as they would like) if all of them would be done simultaneously.

Also, due to the increased amount of games and some complaints from the past seasons, we have decided to increased the time slots available for scheduling from 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST to 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM EST.

On average the squads will have seven home games in the season, however we thought that squads should be rewarded for their good performance in the TWL qualifications and thus we will give the Top 2 seeded squads one additional home match at the expense of the Bottom 2 squads having one less home game.

Seed #1 / Seed #2 have 8 home games and 6 away games.
    Seed #3 - Seed #6 have 7 home games and 7 away games.
    Seed #7 / Seed #8 have 6 home games and 8 away games.

Home games will be played in the squads home arena if they have one (e.g. ?go TWLJMAMBO), but if they opted to not have a home arena then the match will be played in the default arena of the league.

We have decided to keep the amount of TWLB games the same as in the past seasons, thus not doubling their matches. This can still change with enough input from the basing captains, but we felt like basers get enough playing time on a weekly basis (in comparison to squads that play in the fighting leagues where the average game lasts for about 15 minutes) and because of the amount of Triple League squads that are currently participating in TWD, we felt the players and squads themselves would feel too burdened to play that many games in one week. We felt that there would be a too high of a chance of having multiple forfeits in the regular season by squads that have smaller rosters.

Pre-Season Week One (September 14th, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM EST)

SEED #1 SEED #3
    SEED #2 SEED #7
    SEED #5 SEED #6
    SEED #4 SEED #8

Week One (September 21st, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM EST)

SEED #1 SEED #8
    SEED #2 SEED #6
    SEED #3 SEED #7
    SEED #5 SEED #4

SEED #1 SEED #6
    SEED #7 SEED #8
    SEED #5 SEED #2
    SEED #3 SEED #4

Week Two (September 28th, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM EST)

SEED #1 SEED #7
    SEED #6 SEED #5
    SEED #4 SEED #8
    SEED #3 SEED #2

SEED #5 SEED #1
    SEED #4 SEED #7
    SEED #6 SEED #3
    SEED #2 SEED #8

Week Three (October 5th, 1:00 - 6:00 PM EST)

SEED #1 SEED #4
    SEED #3 SEED #5
    SEED #2 SEED #7
    SEED #8 SEED #6

SEED #1 SEED #3
    SEED #4 SEED #2
    SEED #8 SEED #5
    SEED #7 SEED #6

Week Four (October 12th, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM EST)

SEED #2 SEED #1
    SEED #8 SEED #3
    SEED #6 SEED #4
    SEED #7 SEED #5

SEED #1 SEED #8
    SEED #6 SEED #2
    SEED #3 SEED #7
    SEED #5 SEED #4

Week Five (October 19th, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM EST)

SEED #1 SEED #6
    SEED #7 SEED #8
    SEED #5 SEED #2
    SEED #4 SEED #3

SEED #7 SEED #1
    SEED #6 SEED #5
    SEED #4 SEED #8
    SEED #3 SEED #2

Week Six (October 26th, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM EST) ((Hard Lock at around 6:30 PM EST))

SEED #5 SEED #1
    SEED #4 SEED #7
    SEED #3 SEED #6
    SEED #2 SEED #8

SEED #4 SEED #1
    SEED #5 SEED #3
    SEED #2 SEED #7
    SEED #8 SEED #6

Week Seven (November 2th, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM EST)

SEED #1 SEED #3
    SEED #2 SEED #4
    SEED #8 SEED #5
    SEED #6 SEED #7

SEED #2 SEED #1
    SEED #8 SEED #3
    SEED #6 SEED #4
    SEED #7 SEED #5

Replay Weekend / All-Star Weekend (November 9th, TBD)

If you have any questions, feel free to reply or ask one of the current TWL operators.
    Last edited by Turban; 08-13-2014, 07:47 AM.

nice work turb

Comment

We felt that there was a need for an increase as the squads will be playing twice per week in TWLD and TWLB
      TWLD and TWLJ, right?
      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

fml, yes. fixed.

Comment

That's a nice thought Turban but it's time, like right now, to wake the fuck up about TWLB, would you please?

We have 5 squads, not 8, and 3 squads will not be forming in the next month to play TWLB. Wrap your head around that, you are in charge of this league and you have not even addressed this yet. But don't worry because I have the solution.

5 TWLB squads (thunder, enemy, royal, cobra, and spirit, fierce has 0 basers and is out) will all play each other twice in the regular season. That gives each squad 8 games to play in the regular season. This can actually be a GOOD thing. While being on Pandora in past seasons, it wold have been really nice to have been able to play good basing squads more than once a season before playoffs instead of playing dismal teams that are only there becauxe of the perceived need to have 8 teams in TWLB. These games essentially became meaningless bye weeks with lost interest in the league. So you can either cry about only having 5 teams in regular season and only 1 team being eliminated before playoffs, or you can accept where we are and make the best of it. The part to remember is that playoffs will be exactly the same as before, with 4 really good teams contending. There will be the same experience and the same finals match up quality. Regular season will actually be more competitive and interesting without 3 crappy teams to get through before real games of playoffs begin.

IN CONCLUSION: 5 TWLB squads exist, maybe one more will pop up but I doubt it, there are not enough players. Each team plays the others twice, for 8 total regular season games. This can easily fit into TWLD and TWLJ schedules if the other 2 leagues get 1 bye week and TWLB does not. The last place team will not advance to playoffs, top 2 teams do not get byes but play the 3 and 4 seeds. I really hope Turban and others can see this and implement it right now before we get any closer and people start to freak out. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
            That's a nice thought Turban but it's time, like right now, to wake the fuck up about TWLB, would you please?

We have 5 squads, not 8, and 3 squads will not be forming in the next month to play TWLB. Wrap your head around that, you are in charge of this league and you have not even addressed this yet. But don't worry because I have the solution.

5 TWLB squads (thunder, enemy, royal, cobra, and spirit, fierce has 0 basers and is out) will all play each other twice in the regular season. That gives each squad 8 games to play in the regular season. This can actually be a GOOD thing. While being on Pandora in past seasons, it wold have been really nice to have been able to play good basing squads more than once a season before playoffs instead of playing dismal teams that are only there becauxe of the perceived need to have 8 teams in TWLB. These games essentially became meaningless bye weeks with lost interest in the league. So you can either cry about only having 5 teams in regular season and only 1 team being eliminated before playoffs, or you can accept where we are and make the best of it. The part to remember is that playoffs will be exactly the same as before, with 4 really good teams contending. There will be the same experience and the same finals match up quality. Regular season will actually be more competitive and interesting without 3 crappy teams to get through before real games of playoffs begin.

IN CONCLUSION: 5 TWLB squads exist, maybe one more will pop up but I doubt it, there are not enough players. Each team plays the others twice, for 8 total regular season games. This can easily fit into TWLD and TWLJ schedules if the other 2 leagues get 1 bye week and TWLB does not. The last place team will not advance to playoffs, top 2 teams do not get byes but play the 3 and 4 seeds. I really hope Turban and others can see this and implement it right now before we get any closer and people start to freak out. Thanks!
            Dudgeon would be 6. Also, there will be another squad forming soon so it will be 7 LB squads maybe 6 if Spirit drops out or something.
            1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
            1:Zidane> congrats man
            1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
            1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
            1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

I doubt we get up to 7 squads. Dudgeon has 10 players, royal has 14. Even with 6 squads in LB, it would be 10 weeks of play by playing each squad twice, or 5 if you do it once. A 5 week season is dismal, but with a 10 week season it is easy if you remove 1 preseason game and have LD and LJ do a bye week.

Comment

i'm not going to have a 10 week season, that would force the finals to be after christmas break which basically kills the hype. if it looks like we are only going to have 5 or 6 basing teams, and no one competitive enough willing to participate in a mini tournament, then we can double the amount of games played in TWLB as well, but there would be weeks (e.g. week 3 and week 5 if we have 6 teams) where the squads would only play once instead of twice. i want to avoid bye weeks. i also don't want to make the season any longer. i hope you can understand these sentiments.

anyhow, we will continue to monitor the squad situation and if that shit is looking grim then there might be some drastic announcements happening. we will make our final announcement (e.g. a 6 team TWLB season or a mini tournament to select the final squad(s)) at least 10 days before the ladder lock date about the basing situation, until then .. fingers crossed. i've heard a lot of basing squads are forming at the moment, but .. yeah, not too hopeful about that at the moment.
                Last edited by Turban; 08-11-2014, 01:45 PM. Reason: sleep. sleep. sleep you dumb bastard.

Comment

y is there a season for LD? just get those 2 faggot squads vsing each other in the finals and get it over with already.
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Am l currently free agent for a basing/wb squad. Theres still plenty of talent, either squadless or on casual squads. Its just finding ones willing to compete. Theres also the people who we only see for TWL that have to be considered as well.
                    Former TW Staff

Comment

The average basing game is around 22-23 minutes, and the average jav/wb game is like 15 minutes. I don't see why the most competitive league would be excluded from double the games?

More games = less variance in the overall standings and more fun, I think it would be nice to have the same amount of games.
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                        I doubt we get up to 7 squads. Dudgeon has 10 players, royal has 14. Even with 6 squads in LB, it would be 10 weeks of play by playing each squad twice, or 5 if you do it once. A 5 week season is dismal, but with a 10 week season it is easy if you remove 1 preseason game and have LD and LJ do a bye week.
                        I wanna point out last season 1 month prior we were stressing hard with only 4 lb squads things tend to work out
                        5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
                        1:Cig <er>> ROFL
                        1:fiS> LOL
                        1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

.. and if things don't work out then having an extremely competitive basing squad league, with six squads, would work just fine.

it does seem quite likely that we end up doubling the amount of basing games if we only have six basing squads, but in the event of having seven or eight basing squads we will likely not double the amount of basing matches for these reasons:

- it would overburden the staff

- squads might have trouble fielding full lineups to two basing matches

- scheduling nightmare

we will announce the final plans about TWLB in the upcoming week(s). at the moment, however, i would go with 8 (or 6) TWLB squads and change the time race to 20 minutes. how does that sound like? if we have 6 basing squads, then two bye weeks would happen @ weeks 3 and 5.
                          Last edited by Turban; 08-14-2014, 06:11 AM.

Comment

There's eight squads now with LEGO coming back. Current qualified teams:

1. Thunder
                            2. Enemy
                            3. Dudgeon
                            4. Royal
                            5. Fierce
                            6. Cobra
                            7. Spirit

The 8th spot between Lego/Paladen.

-Fierce playing LB this season is up in the air, but i think its likely. They have enough games/players. so, why not?
                            -LEGO has a month to catch up in 15 games which is possible. Its depends how active LEGO will be from now to the 7th.
                            TWLD Champion 2014
                            TWDTB Champion 2013
                            TWDTB Champion 2016
                            TWDTB Champion 2017
                            TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                            -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Don't put a limit on TWD rosters. People who play TWL will find a squad with enough TWL roster spots. Casual players that don't care about TWL still need a squad to be a part of, old friends to be with, occasional twd matches to play in, etc. TWD roster limits just force caps to axe these players, which makes them feel unwanted by the game and leave it. Seriously, TWD roster limits hurt the game more than help it at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X