Shark and Terr Statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shark and Terr Statistics

I've included the top players statistically regardless of star value, then a second chart adjusted for star-value, to see how much each player is contributing relative to their star rating.

100 is the average rating. If you have 100 rating, you are performing at the level you should be. Anything over that is outperforming the average player. Raw rating ignores the amount
    of games you played, while your final rating in both charts factors in how much you played (Confidence level).

KDA = Killeath average
    Margin = Margin of victory average per game. 7.1 means you win games on average by 7 minutes. -0.25 means you lose games on average by 15 seconds.
    Team Rating = Amount of stars in your lineup each game
    Enemy Rating = Amount of stars in the lines you played against
    Handicap = the difference in stars between your team and the enemy team, on average
    2nd Handicap = either a bonus or negative depending on how many Stars your worth. A 5-star players gets a 45 point bonus to their raw rating, while a 10 star player gets -45 (after raw ratings set to 100 average, so 15 points = about 1 statistical deviation from the mean)
    Confidence = how many games you played. This is multiplied against everything else, and tells us how confident the stats are in your rating. More games played = more confidence

Cintra, dreamwin, Stayon, draft, and Pressure are the top 5 terrs in both charts. Dreamwin and Pressure have been the most impressive terrs in my opinion, with margins of victory of only 1.3 and -1.1, respectively. Dreamwin has played against teams with an average of 2 more stars in, and yet maintained a positive win margin and an 11 KDA.

Cintra has been the most impressive statistically, with a 14 KDA, but his team has won by 7.1 minutes on average and his lines have been almost 2 stars above his opponents, and he missed a tough matchup vs. Power.

Kamikaze has the best 1-2 punch in terr at the moment in Stayon and draft, as they remain undefeated in base.

Warportal has also been very impressive, excelling on the worst team in the league, his team a ridiculous average of 6 stars lower than his opponents, and still managing a 113 adjusted rating, all while being a 6-star. Good value!

Mikkiz is maybe the biggest surprise, in perhaps his least impressive TWDTB he's ever played in, with a poor 3.7 KDA (league-average is 7.2), with a -3.1 margin of victory despite his games being against opponents of similar star value. A big drop after acing half of his games in terr last season (including the final)!
    Last edited by ogron; 08-16-2014, 10:34 PM.
    top 100 basers list

Again, the average rating on both charts is 100. The ratings are a lot more tightly bound in shark so I've been harsher in the confidence rating than in other ships, since missing a key match or two can significantly affect your
    rating as it's more dependent on win margins and wins than other leagues sinces kills/deaths have little value, and RPD differential is small.

Since the ratings are so much tighter, you can see what a big shakeup adjusting for star value has on the charts, whereas the shift in terr/wb is much smaller.

Zidane has the highest Rating, while Vati has the highest raw rating, and Pinkstar with an already strong 189 unadjusted value shoots up to #1 in adjusted value, as the top 6-Star shark, right ahead of BongHits, who I thought
    would be the top 6-Star in the zone.

Hulk and Mythril stay in the top 5 in adjusted value and unadjusted value, making the dunvsmeans the best shark combo in TWDT at the moment.

Mythril also leads the league in teks with 6, ahead of Zidane, Vati, and Hulk, who have 5.

Vati, Zidane, and JAMAL are the only three sharks in the zone with over 3.0 RPD.

JAMAL is perhaps the most impressive shark during the regular season, with a margin of victory of 1 minute despite playing in lineups an average of 2 stars down all while maintaining a 3.03 RPD.

Most Valuable Sharks per rating:

10 Star: a2m
    9 Star: Zidane
    8 Star: Mythril
    7 Star: DOWNFALL
    6 Star: Pinkstar
    5 Star: Beasty
    Last edited by ogron; 08-16-2014, 10:22 PM.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Just a bonus chart, a little peek into the week by week shift in rating, and how shark pairs fared against each other.

Notes: a2m/Zidane, Hulk/Mythril, and Vati/Anyone have yet to lose a match together -- watchout!

WEEKS are separated by a thin black line, matchups are inside the blue lines.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Great work claus. Really impressive statistical analysis. I hope the downsides of being TWDT Op have subsided and you consider becoming involved in TWL because, even despite my team's disappointing standing (hopefully we have a good day today and can make playoffs), this is one of the best-ran leagues I've had the chance to play in.

EDIT: porkjet deserves some recognition btw, nokkonen has done a decent job filling our shark void but pork has been on point and has made some big saves throughout the season
        Last edited by Pressure; 08-17-2014, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Had more teks and better rpd playing one losing game, than practically 15 people above me lol, gud stuff tho claus its nice to see someone take time and care about this shit
          Big Chill

Comment

Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post
            Had more teks and better rpd playing one losing game, than practically 15 people above me lol, gud stuff tho claus its nice to see someone take time and care about this shit
            I counted 14 people for TeKs and 18 for RPD. :P
            Last edited by nuketheyanks; 08-24-2014, 01:04 AM. Reason: i cant count; too tired
            Menomena: I thought you were joking when you said your name was Chris. lol
            Gripe: lol you too
            Menomena: ! I told you my name first

Slum> turb watches too much anime he going DBZ on you right now b

Comment

this is the best season of twdt so far in its entire history (since 2006ish. atleast non-gamingwise. i dont know if there have been close games or lopsided victories

great work, claushouse
              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

claus u r the man
                PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Working...
                X