• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT HOT OR NOT -- SEMI-FINALS

TWDT-D

Tool vs. dun vs me
    50-33
    Round 1

Despite TWDT-D scoring champion Apok still on vacation, the Tooltimers still managed to dominate behind team captain Zizzo's bigtime 15-8, ahead of Tripin (11-4), aprix (9-7), a tame Lasenza (8-8), and a resilient 5-Star Lee (7-6).

A herculean effort from 5-Star Henry Saari (14-10) wasn't enough to save them from the sub-par outings of Mythril (7-10), Weak (6-10), turban (5-10), and Markmrw (1-10).

HOT: Zizzo, with a filthy 15-8.
    HOT: Henry Saari, with a surprising 14-10!
    NOT: Markmrw, with a 1-10.

---

Tool vs. dun vs me
    50-31
    Round 2

Tool continued its wb dominance, as Lasenza (15-4) took the dunvsmeans to task, ahead of Zizzo (11-10), Tripin (10-9), Lee (7-5), and Aprix (7-3), as all 5 of Tool's players went positive -- What a talented group of people!

The 3rd overall best player in TWDT 2014 showed up Round 2, as Turban put up a massive 16-10 to carry the load, but inexplicably horrendous games from TWLD Finals starters Mythril (3-10) and Weak (3-10), sealed the deal, as Henry Saari regressed to the mean with a 1-10 and hulk straddled parity with an 8-10.

HOT: Lasenza, as Tool's tranny triumphantly terrorized all but Turban with a tactically sound 15-4
    NOT: Mythril and Weak, with a pair of matching 3-10s. How do two of the most fearsome wbs in the league lose so badly to 5-Star Lee and a pair of javs in TWDT... haven't been this baffled at the conclusion of something since every episode of LOST for 6 years straight.

======

Power vs. Kusoge
    50-45
    Round 1

Big Tsunami unleashed a torrential 13-7 to lead Ease (12-8), Claus (9-10), Shaddowknight (9-10), Steadman (4-3), and a2m (2-7) to victory in Round 1.

JAMAL (20-10) once again made his presence felt, dropping a gargantuan 20 kills to almost steal it away from Power, but a lack of support from Undercut (8-10), Bueno (7-10), TheWadoRooster (6-10), and Sprained (4-10) was the nail in the coffin.

HOT: JAMAL (20-10), who looked like the Grim Reaper out there. I think I literally died to him 10x.
    HOT: Tsunami (13-7)
    NOT: Sprained (4-10), whose name accurately described his ankles every time a Power player juked him.

---

Kusoge vs. Power
    50-41
    Round 2

The Bad Gamers stormed back with a vengeance in Round 2, decimating Power with balanced contributions from Bueno (12-7), JAMAL (12-8), Undercut (11-10), dreamwin (10-7), and Jerome (5-9).

On the losing side, only a2m (10-10) achieved parity, ahead of sub-par outings from Shaddowknight (9-10), Ease (7-10), Claus (7-10), and Tsunami (2-6), with a good sub from Steadman, notching a 6-4.

HOT: Bueno, with a superb 12-7.
    NOT: Tsunami, with a stinky 2-6.

---

Power vs. Kusoge
    50-47
    Round 3

It all came down to Round 3, where things looked shaky for Power as superstar JAMAL (17-10) led the charge early, with a2m (0-4) struggling after a team-high 10-10 the game prior. Claus subbed in on 6 deaths, killed two people he didn't mean to on his first 2 shots, and snowballed that into a clutch 10-5 to go alongside Ease's 11-9 and Steadman's 9-9 to finish JAMAL and co. off, ahead of solid performances from Shaddowknight (11-10) and Tsunami (9-10).

For the Kusogeans, they were a mere 3 kills away from upsetting the 7-0 TWDT-D juggernaut, but dreamwin (9-10), Bueno (9-10), jerome (7-10), and Undercut (5-10) couldn't match JAMAL's fearsome output.

HOT: Ease, with a team high 11 kills and staying alive in the clutch.
    HOT: JAMAL, with another ridiculous 17-10 performance.
    NOT: Undercut, with a poor 5-10. Could have definitely squeezed out the extra 3 kills Kusoge needed to win. Speaking of squeezing out an extra 3, I have some Jennifer Lawrence nudes that need attending...
    top 100 basers list

TWDTJ

Tool vs. dun vs me
    50-41
    Round 1

In a concerted effort, the symphony of jav bombs echoed across the arena as aprix (13-8), Mean Gene (11-9), and Zizzo (11-8) led a finely tuned effort, alongside trombonist Tripin (6-7) and the Lute-lovin' Miss Lee (4-9) -- not to be confused with Loot-lovin' Ferguson, Missouri.

Turban (12-9) once again heeded the call of duty, but draft-dodgin' Davy (2-1), beam (6-10), Henry Saari (6-10), hulk (5-10), and okyo (9-10) would rather let the NaZizzo's win than fight.

HOT: aprix (13-9)
    NOT: The Incredible Hulk, with a Bruce Banner-like 5-10. The only thing incredible about Hulk this game was that he didn't sub himself out.

---

dun vs me vs. Tool
    50-42
    Round 2

The Fennoscandian Flash wasn't having it, however, as the Lapland warrior went Winter War against the Axis of Tool, amassing a massive 18-9 record to down the javing juggernauts, carrying Oulu okyo (10-9), Bolshevik beam (9-7), Helsinki Hulk (3-10), and a salty Halti Henry Saari (6-7) to voittuepäjärjestelmällistyttää -- what i assume is Finnish for victory.

HOT: Turban, with a devastating 18-9. Wowza!
    NOT: hulk, with a pitiful 3-10.

---

Tool vs. dun vs me
    50-43
    Round 3

This tight affair went to a Round 3, where, despite another monumental effort from Turban (16-10), a confederacy of dunces conspired against him in the form of hulk (5-10), beam (7-10), and Henry Saari (2-10). I haven't seen this many boobs getting knocked around since that titty slapper fetishist went to town in Deadwood's whorehouse.

On the winning side, Tooltimers Zizzo (15-10), Tripin (13-10), aprix (8-7), Mean Gene (8-9), and Lee (5-7) managed to knock the dunvsmeans out, completing their 2 for 2 sweep, and moving onto the TWDT-D and TWDT-J Finals.

HOT: Zizzo (15-10).
    NOT: Henry Saari, with a piss-poor 2-10.
    Dishonorable Mention: Hulk, with a Miner's alarm clock 3:10, 5:10, 5:10 across all three rounds. Set your alarm ringtone to U2's I have still haven't found what I'm looking for. The answer? Talent.

======

Power vs. Kusoge
    50-40
    Round 1

Tsunami (17-8) dropped the hammer on Kusoge, as the titan led a contigent of FFE (10-8), Ease (9-9), Clausy (7-8), and Zidane (6-3) to the W.

For the Bad Gamers, JAMAL (12-10) and Bueno did their best to stem the tide, but the levee of dreamwin (4-10), jerome (5-10), and Undercut (5-10) cracked under the pressure.

HOT: Tsunami, with a monster 17-8.
    NOT: dreamwin, with a disasterous 4-10. Peeyew!

---

Kusoge vs. Power
    50-41
    Round 2

Big daddy Dreamwin avenged his loss in Round 1, with a rousing 18-6 to lead partners in crime Bueno (15-7) and JAMAL (10-8) in the must-win game, erasing the horrendous play of Undercut (2-10) and jerome (3-10).

Power's Steadman (18-10) put on a marvelous performance, dashing across the map outnumbered and racking up kills left and right, but couldn't buoy crappy outings from Tsunami (7-10), Claus (6-10), Ease (6-10), FFE (2-7), and Shaddowknight (1-3).

HOT: Dreamwin, with a dreamy 18-6. Kudos!
    HOT: Steadman, with a blistering 18-10.
    NOT: FFE (2-7), which I assume stands for Far-From-Fucking-Even.

---

Power vs. Kusoge
    50-29
    Round 3

Claus (13-9) and Ease (12-3) led their team to a trouncing of Kusoge, not even letting them hit 30, ahead of Steadman (9-6), Zidane (7-5), and FFE (7-6), as they knocked the Bad Gamers out of TWDT-D and TWDT-J.

For the K-Men, JAMAL (for once) didn't step up to hero it, as he finished with an all-too-human 8-10, alongside dreamwin (9-10), Bueno (6-10), Undercut (3-10), and Jerome (1-8).

HOT: Ease, with a sublime 12-3.
    NOT: jerome, who was the LVP of this entire series, going 3-10 and 1-8 in the final two rounds and letting himself get hunted and outnumbered way too easily. If Jerome was Moby Dick, the book would have been a 5 pages long.
    Last edited by ogron; 09-03-2014, 09:09 PM.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

TWDTB

Sour Milk vs. dun vs me
      20:00-18:16

This was a dogfight, as the two basing behemoths crashed into each other in the Semi-Finals.

The dunvsmeans had spidering savants Davy (159-68) and Kate Upton (138-69) leading Henry Saari (123-68), beam (111-10), and 5-Star Markmrw (90-70) behind sharking from hulk (2.9 RPD) and turban (2.9 RPD), with Cintra (59-9) in terr.

For the Milkmen, diakka (132-87) headed a group that included Rab (120-86), cranium, Lena (102-83), and Skepsis (99-64) in spider, with Bonghits (3.0 RPD) and Murder (2.7 RPD) in shark, and my main man Mikkiz (68-6, 3 Teks) helming the ship in terr.

The dunvsmeans had the spider power, outkilling the Milkmen 746 to 669, but like the 2011 TWDT-B Finals where his team got outkilled by 140, or the TWDT-B Semi-Finals last year where his team got outkilled by 100, he was the difference that pushed them over the edge and clinched them the victory.

HOT: Mikkiz, with a sizzling 68-6 with 3 Teks.
      NOT: I didn't see the game, and nothing jumps out in the stats, so I don't know.

---

Kusoge vs. Power
      20:00-18:13

The Kusogeans ditched their year-long sharking lineup, opting for spider-power instead, and the gamble paid off, as JAMAL hopped out of ship 8 into ship 3 and led all spids with a massive 162-96, leading Undercut (135-84), Sprained (134-79), TheWadoRooster (122-80), and Eren (116-84).

Menelvagor (2.8 RPD) was a monster in this game, with 31 kills and multiple cram-break bombs and FR 4fers, alongside a competent Jerome (3.0 RPD), ahead of Dreamwin (63-8, 1 Tek) who seemed to have endless bursts.

On the losing side, Power fielded fram (158-105), Ease (141-92), FFE (125-103), Solacer (93-52), and Shaddowknight (89-52), ahead of Zidane (2.9 RPD) and a2m (2.9 RPD), and Claus (37-6) in terr.

Power seemed to finally get a good lead at 18-14 after trailing most of the game, but got dominated in the FR for 8 minutes straight as Kusoge moved onto the Finals. Congrats!

HOT: JAMAL, who decimated Power's spiders in one of the streamiest lineups I've ever seen
      HOT: menelvagor, who bullied Power with clutch bombs and mines with shrap flying all over and multiple solo cram breaks
      NOT: Claus (37-6). I had a few bad deaths, and we could have probably won this if I would have played better. There was plenty of blame to go around, but ultimately the responsibility lies with the terr, and Mikkiz clutched behind spiders who got outkilled worse than I did.

Congrats to everyone on Tool, Kusoge, Sour Milk, and Power who moved on!
      Last edited by ogron; 09-03-2014, 09:00 PM.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

WB of the Week: JAMAL, with another absurd 20-10, 12-8, and 17-10 performance in a narrow loss to Power.

Jav of the Week: Turban. Another non-winner, this man did everything possible to carry his team to the promised land, amassing 12-9, 18-9 and 16-10 scores to push Tool to the brink.

Baser of the Week: Mikkiz, with another clutch performance, going 68-6 with 3 Teks and pushing his team into the finals!

HOT OF THE WEEK: Zizzo, leading his team to a perfect 2 for 2 in TWDT-D and TWDT-J despite being sans Apok, with 15-8 and 11-10s in wb, and 11-8, 15-10 outings in javelin.
        Last edited by ogron; 09-03-2014, 07:12 PM.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

And then there were 4...

Power narrowly defeated Kusoge in WB and Jav, while Kusoge stunned the favorites with a hard fought 20-18 win to clinch a berth in the Basing finals.

On the other side of the bracket, Tool decimated dun vs me in TWDT-D and TWDT-J, and basing juggernaut Sour Milk edged the dunvsmeans out 20-18 in TWDT-B to reach the finals as well.

Look for the Milkmen to have a slight edge in the basing finale vs Kusoge as they were built almost entirely around winning DTB, while the Power/Tool showdown features Fierce vs. Thunder across jav and wb and is too close to call.

Good luck to all teams!
          Last edited by ogron; 09-02-2014, 12:32 PM.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

as soon as i spawned right in front of tsunami for the third time in a row, i gave in to the demands of the karma gods and sacrificed myself for the greater good of basing, which i literally played one handed as i sat there getting rep green after burst green after rep green, for the easiest game i think ive ever played

but yeah after that twdtj match, being captain of disoblige is no longer the most embarassing thing i've ever done in TW

anyways gg though, sour milk doesn't even stand a CHANCE
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
            X