Thoughts from a TWEL League Op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts from a TWEL League Op

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made this the most successful TWEL season ever as far as interest, competition and the amount of games played. I believe this offseason, especially compared to last, has been far more fun and worth logging onto because of the side leagues such as TWEL and especially TWDT, which claushouse has done an incredible job with running. This is even more impressive when considering TW was down for about a month earlier in the year. Usually this game is a barren wasteland when TWL is over but we've shown that as long as there's a reason to log on to the game, people will keep coming back.

As of now, almost 6000 duels were played in total since the TWEL ladder was reset a little under three months ago which has resulted in over 60 days of playtime.

Considerations and things that will be added to TWEL in the future:

- I want to look into doing TWEL twice or even three times a year. TWEL gives people something to do during the week with spontaneous scheduling and I think that's why it helps the zone so much. Once everything is in motion, the league pretty much runs itself and it would keep players interested as long as their egos kept wanting to throw themselves in the ring.

- Double elimination. Too many favorites went home early as they had to play each other in rounds 1 or 2. For example, wb saw Apok vs Vash in round 1, and Ease vs RaCka in round 2. A little bit of integrity is lost when some of the elite duelers are forced to go home early.

- ^ is a result of flawed seeding. Since everyone doesn't play the same amount of duels, the top 32 ranking is very skewed and heavily favors people who have dueled more. This can be fixed by increasing the number of duels required.

- Setting a resolution cap for TWEL-D. This was supposed to happen this season but I contacted the coders far too late and they didn't have enough time to implement it. It will absolutely be there in future seasons.

- Having a best of 3 to 7 for semis/finals. Dueling is all about adjusting and it's difficult to make every change during the duel. That's why squad dueling is so great, but 10 deaths in TWEL is far too much in a best of 3 considering elite duelers tend to go over 30 minutes, or 3 hours if your name is Ease or Turban.

Once again, thanks to everyone and congratulations to LaSenza, Turban, and Sawyer for being champions of TWEL Season 10.
    Last edited by Mythril; 09-07-2014, 04:13 AM.
    PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
    ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

I wouldn't call this the most successful, although maybe the best in the last few years. Most successful was season 1 by far. It's not even close. Still, for TWEL to even have people playing and giving a shit is a much better situation than in years past. Season 1 and maybe Season 2 were head and shoulders better though. It really isn't comparable.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Was a great season! Could've been better for me in TWEL-S but theres always next time
      TWLD Champion 2014
      TWDTB Champion 2013
      TWDTB Champion 2016
      TWDTB Champion 2017
      TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
      -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

I wouldn't call this the most successful, although maybe the best in the last few years. Most successful was season 1 by far. It's not even close. Still, for TWEL to even have people playing and giving a shit is a much better situation than in years past. Season 1 and maybe Season 2 were head and shoulders better though. It really isn't comparable.
        It's a good argument, but season 1 didn't even have a playoff bracket. This season's competition was by far at the highest level the game has ever seen though. Just looking at the jav bracket this season, there were about 20 legitimate contenders and wb had the most elite wbs to ever step in and play.
        PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
        ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

2v2 twel?
          Former TW Staff

Comment

Working...
          X