9 Team TWLD Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 Team TWLD Proposal

There has been a lot of controversy revolving around Paladen's status for LD over the last few days. Apparently, fork was DSing on Play and fed Paladen points to help them qualify for LD. Staff found out and removed those points which landed Paladen back to the bottom. Captains Jessup and Jebass were unaware of this and were indirectly punished. In the spirit of competition, it makes sense to leave Paladen out of LD since lego made it fair and square but we should examine a few things. This game is on the verge of dying and not allowing a squad to play the one league they care about and have shown the most activity in would be detrimental to the game. People quit and lose interest over things like this.

Pros:
    1. Prevent players from quitting.
    2. Newbies on Paladen get to improve by experiencing TWL.
    3. It actually does increase competition and Lego doesn't become the "doormat" for other squads.

Cons:
    1. Scheduling since each team would require a bye week which extends the time frame.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

100% Agree to paladen making twl in TWLD, but also TWLJ. Paladen has the most games played in BOTH of these leagues... they are one of the main reasons trench wars is still somewhat active and i feel like not allowing them to participate in TWL would be a horrible long term decision. They've clearly put a lot of effort and i believe their top lines in LD and LJ are just as good as maybe 3-4 of the other squads.

tldr, allow 9 squads in LJ and LD to help keep this zone active

Comment

should DQ squads like paladen for pulling stupid shit like this, just cause they have a twOP doesn't give them a right to whatever the outcome should be. Upper staff need to set an example. Where is the commish.
      https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Agreed with cres 8 o)~~
        1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

I agree with cres. Also, I'd like to add:

http://twd.trenchwars.org/squads/12531/recent

That's lego's total games in TWDD. The only squads they've EVER beaten were paladen, and Enemy twice at the end when enemy was feeding. What's that tell you? Look at all the great top 5 squads Lego played... or didn't play. Are we seriously allowing this? We can say paladen fed Lego then to get them into LD, since paladen clearly has very different lineups from top to bottom.

If a squad can get into LD by playing only ONE squad over and over again, then something is wrong here. There should've been a rule where you had to play every single squad at least ONCE. This did not happen.
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

lol 2pac, we would have made twl in 8th seed you guys lost your 3rd player and paky told bwp to leave lego just to join for a game so he could end up leaving envy and join back with lego. In my eyes that's wrong. and in that sense we would have made twl fair and square but no another squad has to be unfair.
            TWDT-D Champ 2013

sigpic

Comment

ty cres for doing this for us in paladen <3
              TWDT-D Champ 2013

sigpic

Comment

Allow squad with most DDs/JDs and who also kept BD active in TWL.

Also, personally I'd say it's retarded to have a cutoff based on points these days. There are only 10 active TWDD squads. That's it. Take away Play's 1 game and Spin's 3 games, and you have 10.

The days of having 30-40 squads in each division fighting it out is long, long gone. Paladen is by far the most active squad in TW btw, so personally, I think it's suicide to exclude anyone with enough games these days.

That's my opinion, but I'm not a TWL Op. Thing is though, TWL isn't the same anymore. The point system is retarded to have based on the current situation. It just is. Clearly this was never thought through.
                Last edited by Exalt; 09-08-2014, 01:46 AM.
                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I'm ok with 9 squads too but lets also address how this was handled

Look.. so staff bombs us with less then 12 hours to go that 130 points are wiped off for twl quali's because apparently Fork was secretly double squadding and staff claims he was feeding us. No one on Paladen had a clue about this. Why does the whole squad have to suffer ?? Then we dd all day.. climb up ladder almost beat envy in rnd 3 butd lost .. we are all super bummed and last minute I try and ch top squads.. thunder accepts. They heard about our woes yes.. but I didn;'t feel they were feeding us myself. Weak was busting us up bad and we only won rnd 2 by 2 points. We didn't ask them to feed us nor do I think they did. People interjecting on staff and coming to conclusions is just wrong. We have beat thunder before many times with the right lines.. it was late I dunno .. we fought our hearts out and won though.. . So taking that game away to me is crazy in itself.. but the fact we had this whole Play thing blow up last minute is what really frustrates me. Those games I believe happened over a few days and no one said a thing to us until the very last few hours.. We have been playing hard all this ladder reset doing the best with what we had.. It was a rocky road but it always is for us. I tried numerous times to make up dding for the points today that staff took away and squads like envy and enemy to their credit would play us. Lego on the other hand just sat on the points that staff basically gave them by taking ours away. They wouldn't play us and time was running out.. That pissed me off sigh.. Anyways.. there are many innocents on Paladen that are being affected by this. We had the points , we were in twl and because of something unknown to all of us last minute we got our points taken. I think players on Play were playing to win too, they just aren't experienced. Again no one planned this secretly versing Play . Fork fked up yes.. I'm pissed at him , he has been demoted of all positions on Paladen as a result but we weren't given enuff time to respond and correct this.. Staff should have let us know sooner ! sigh.. no one knew what Fork did and in fairness to fork even, I have not talked to him nor heard his side of the story.. only staffs.. give us back the pnts from the thunder game too.. sigh we earned those and staff I feel interjected yet again. We didn't ask them to feed us and I don't think they did but..I'll be writing more on this I'm sure. Pc

Make it 9 squads.. they all want to compete badly.. it is what makes this game go .. it will make twl even better .
                  TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                  TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                  TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                  TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                  TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                  TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I think having 9 squads in TWL messes it up, so we should make it 10, so enemy gets in.
                    1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                    JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                    1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                    http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

TBH I think the 9 man twl is a good idea. If that doesn't follow through, why don't you have Lego vs Paladen as a wild card 8th spot thingy. That way feeding and shit won't matter.

Comment

first of all, sorry for not being there when we were locking the ladders.

i am going to post my thoughts when i get to work, in one or two hours, and will work on a compromise that will be fair for all the involved parties. it will most likely involve temporary TWL bans for the players that screwed Paladen over, and the possibility of adding a ninth squad to TWLD. i can't log in and talk with anyone until i get home, but we will try to handle this situation as swiftly and fair as possible. considering the overall health of this zone is of utmost importance for me, but i also want to be as fair and 'rule-abiding' as possible.

Comment

10 squads.. enemy will show up I agree even numbers are better
                          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Seriously dour, you wanna talk about that specific 1 person when half your squad Double squads?

And lets be realistic here jessup, paladen was #12(last rank) on twd page and within couple days you guys get up to #6 easily by being fed don't be giving out FUD to everyone knows paladen is pure BULLSHIT.
                            https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

I expected this gonna happen. So let me get this straight:

1. Paladen gets fed by Play and then whine about getting points back?
                              2. Paladen cries because we didn't dd them today (because we were already #8 and they were way below us) so that is our (Lego's) fault?
                              3. Paladen gets Thunder to feed them the last minute before the cutoff while clearly staffers were watching and people admit they got fed yet again and now they should be rewarded by getting another LD spot?

I think I made myself pretty clear here. Paladen has been on for a very long time, that much is true, but by showing today's and last weeks unsportsmanship makes me question the premises of this game and its structure and people that run it. Just to make another point:

If LEGO were in this position:

1. Paladen wouldn't even smell us, let alone dd us
                              2. Paladen would be ruthless in making us expell from TWL if we cheated or got fed in any way
                              3. This thread wouldn't even exist
                              4. TW Staff would probably just ban us all making a statement: You guys got wiibimbo on your roster.

In spite of all that's happened I still support fair play and sportsmanship which some guys showed today. I'm glad to finally see that some people actually are good guys which actually gives me hope for this game. Regarding this thread and letting Paladen in TWLD: NO.

tl;dr Cheating is ok, as long as you are Paladen. NO to Paladism!
                              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Working...
                              X