Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 【 TWLM 】 starting this weekend, no prizes

Hey,

we have reset TWLM and are starting this weekend with Week 1.

there will be no cash prizes for the winners as it would be quite likely that certain teams or captains would throw games on purpose in order to win a small amount of cash, which in fact did happen last season, and thus ultimately ruining the fun of others. however, we felt that by design TWLM is a great addition to TWL and that is why it will be running in its vanilla state as intended by its designers.

to participate in TWLM, you will have to log in to the twl.trenchwars.org website with your TWD credentials and go to the TWLM site, which can be accessed by clicking the TWLM link around the top-right side of the site.

you can do betting on matches or simply draft your dream team and see how you fare against others.

have fun.

Just a few questions to ask turb

can you bet on yourself?
    can you bet on squadmates?
    can you bet against your squad? <-not that I would
    killing newbs since 2002

Comment

I offered 100$ in prizes to the winners again. I suppose we are not doing this?
      1:waven> u challenge
      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

you can do two things in TWLM and you are given $5000 at the start of the season.

1. betting

you can bet on any player to MVP a TWL match, or any team to win a TWL match. these bets have simple multipliers, but they usually fairly accurate and based on the value of the players and squad + their opponents. if you can correctly predict who is going to MVP a TWL match, you will obviously win more as it's a tougher bet to make.

2. fantasy league

you will be able to create your dream team which can include yourself or your squad mates. there is a limit of 5 players in TWLJ/TWLD and 5 fighter ships, 2 sharks and 1 terrier. you can swap these players around on a weekly basis and their value changes based on their performance in the league.

this is one of the reasons why we removed cash prizes this year, as last year we had a couple of captains who were throwing games on purpose, and adding bad lineups to lose games on purpose. heck, some even substituted players to guarantee themselves an MVP to win their bet.

Comment

So there are no limitations on bets, lets hope caps don't mess up matches too much this season just to influence TWLM.
          killing newbs since 2002

Comment

they have no reason to do that this year as there are no cash prizes for the winners.

Comment

If the team has already made playoffs and still has matches left, then it could happen. Not that I would encourage caps to do this but I don't think there is a rule against it.
              killing newbs since 2002

Comment

It will happen even if there is no cash prizes. Anyone who has played this zone for longer than 2 weeks knows that many players will exploit anything they can, and just because they can. And we won't have to wait until end of season, it will happen as soon as one team plays a 'sure win' game against another team. Either the Caps/AssCaps shouldn't be allowed to participate or if should be that you can't use your own teammates. TWLM will remain corrupt unless this is done. Funny thing is that while every 12 y.o whines about corrupt staff or not being able to use certain words they look the other way when the corruption is something THEY can abuse to make themselves look better. 'Hey, look at me, I won TWLM' even through they cheated to do it. Kinda sad.
                Eph

Comment

welcome to the internet

land of the grown ups

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

we can always make some rules to prevent this from happening in the future, if we have any seasons after this one, but for now I honestly would give our players the benefit of the doubt on this matter.

i really doubt anyone would do this for TWLM as there is no incentive for them to do it. maybe few years back, sure, when TWLM was new.. but now? unlikely.

Comment

Turb,
                      What incentive is there to exploit Pub bucks and/or Pub buck betting? None, yet it happened. What incentive is there to exploit and induce lag? None, but it happens. What incentive is there exploit feeding in the TWL qual process? None really, but it happened. So you say TWLM was supposed to simply be fun. Well, so is TW in general. If something can be exploited, someone will do it just because they can. It is human nature. Maybe people do it just to show their friends how smart they are, maybe they do it to be funny. But to think for a second that it won't happen is naïve. If nothing else this game has proven beyond any doubt that players are willing to go to great lengths for notoriety, whether it is for being a banned 'bad boy' or being able to claim a little ring icon. Never underestimate the 'hey, look at me' factor.
                      Eph

Comment

you can actually harass the entire public with public cash, which is a design flaw, and have a goal to work towards; e.g. being the "richest public player" even though its not really something you should brag about if the wealth is gained through exploits. i have never understood what goes on in the minds of these people, and quite frankly would rather not want to know.

however, you can't do anything with a TWLM title as it is worthless; its a vanity title of some sorts and nothing more. i am not claiming that something like that certaintly won't happen, but the odds are pretty damn low as most of the TWL captains and assistants wouldn't do it unless there is something to be gained like last year.

but hey, if it happens then congratulations someone for being a moron. i have faith that it won't happen.

p.s. posting on the phone sucks, dno what i am even writing atm or if that **** made any sense.

Comment

#twlmcashprizes

Originally posted by MHz
                          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

#havenotseenadvertsintwyet

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                              #twlmcashprizes
                              Have you even read this thread Tiny?
                              The clue is in the title.
                              killing newbs since 2002

Comment

Working...
                              X