No announcement yet.

acquire ssforums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would we gain by acquiring this particular forum? I'm not being rhetorical or sarcastic ehther I am interested because I would want to know what the pros and cons were before investing another penny into this game. I learned from tw staff not to trust my money in the hands of the people running this game. However, if the reasoning is legit and we actually have something to gain as a community other than just plain nostalgia and a place where not everybody yet knows how annoying cheese is, then I could potentially start footing the bill by myself. I just need more/better reasons than just saving a download site that nobody even uses anymore and a lp ticket system run by inactives. Would taking the reigns from polix do us any real good?

On a side note if this 9th newbie is really a staff trainer this zone is in serious trouble. Stop practicing pointless equal opportunity for minorities to justify your outdated racism policy
    1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
    Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
      What would we gain by acquiring this particular forum? I'm not being rhetorical or sarcastic ehther I am interested because I would want to know what the pros and cons were before investing another penny into this game. I learned from tw staff not to trust my money in the hands of the people running this game. However, if the reasoning is legit and we actually have something to gain as a community other than just plain nostalgia and a place where not everybody yet knows how annoying cheese is, then I could potentially start footing the bill by myself. I just need more/better reasons than just saving a download site that nobody even uses anymore and a lp ticket system run by inactives. Would taking the reigns from polix do us any real good?
      We would get absolutely nothing by acquiring that forum. It is mostly dead, and if someone thought that we could get those that still use it, to come play in TW? Then forget it, everyone there looks down on TW. We would only get all those useless files that no one uses. The whole SSC part of the forums will be moved to MGB's server. So we would not get that either.

Comment

forum isn't dead it has sub forums with people posting daily get real bro.

I'm also waiting for the zone owners to step up why because

Polix>It is just time for someone else to step up and build a centralized website. Trench Wars has all this money, why not create a brand new centralized website that can meet both their and other zone's needs. Maybe they could all finally centralize again like they were many years ago.
        EG and TW both had their websites and forums hosted by SubSpace.net (its forums became the original ssforum.net). Hell, probably 90% of the SubSpace zones in history had their forums hosted by our system.
        https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
          Trench Wars has all this money, why not create a brand new centralized website that can meet both their and other zone's needs.

heh
          duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

worth taking a look I think - also as the forum itself may be better then the one we are using with VB. With the downloads section, it probably gets quite a lot of hits which can increase traffic.

Certainly wouldn't want to just throw money at this for the sake of it - but recently we have attempted the forum upgrade on this one, and the licence is $500 to renew anyways to upgrade and fix half these bugs including templates so..

Comment

Don't be stupid. The "Subspace Community" is dead and it has been for a long time. There is a Trench Wars Community. There is an Extreme Games Community, and there is a Chaos Community. There is no Subspace Community anymore. Those forums were on life support and it's about time someone pulled the plug. All you morons need to worry about is whether GetContinuum.com is up and running. Stop wasting your donated money on shit that isn't helping your zone or any other zone.

Comment

on the other hand, we can always keep the thousands of dollars locked up tight, and never spend it
                that way when population declines enough, someone can withdraw all of it without anyone noticing
                The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                X