TWLM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLM?

We are looking into awards for past twel/twlm/twdt/allstars etc etc. Due to lack of web dev and the current twlm, are we going to call this TWLM season a wash? I can't imagine with such little participations and glitches in the system that this season of TWLM would be official. Verdict?
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

TWLM this season, and any previous seasons, have never been official and have always been meant to be for fun. however, it's something players should receive achievements from, although this season has to be excluded due to the site being filled with bugs that we currently do not have the time and/or effort to fix due to TWLM being a minor part of the league. we are still going to keep unlocking/locking and processing all the information we can on a weekly basis, but that's all that you are going to get from me with this project.

it was merely started because a handful (more like one) of players wanted it to start.

Comment

Just because people don't visit the forums or voice their opinions, doesn't mean they did not want TWLM. It was poor advertising and a lack of incentive as to why this failed this season. People rigging games could be handled with rules/punishments/ making it an official part of twl. It would just take time and effort on your or your staff's part. Tsunami maybe could write some rules up for this for you.

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

TWLM has never been a success nor has ever considered the main event when the leagues have been running. it's an added spice or flavor to the dish, but it's not necessary to make the food any better, in fact at times doing that may make it taste worse.

Comment

This is of course your opinion, not the opinion of any or everyone else. Why are you to decide what everyone else likes or wants? It has been a success when done correctly. Look into it

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

not really sure what youre going for here tiny. turban is running twl. if youre volunteering to take over twlm and hot or nots and the other things that are gravy, sounds like he wouldnt be opposed to it.

the part that really matters is how well twl itself is run, that needs to be the main focus.

that also sounds like its taking up a good bit of time, so i guess if anyone is willing to put forth some stuff to do these extra things, it sounds like the help could be appreciated. im certainly not going to knock the twl head op for attempting to focus on twl itself.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
              Just because people don't visit the forums or voice their opinions, doesn't mean they did not want TWLM. It was poor advertising and a lack of incentive as to why this failed this season. People rigging games could be handled with rules/punishments/ making it an official part of twl. It would just take time and effort on your or your staff's part. Tsunami maybe could write some rules up for this for you.
              A few things wrong with this statement, Tiny. Tsunami has been MIA for some time and never quite finished the rules, they have been updated significantly since last season as me and Eph have helped out, though I am quite certain neither of us want to incorporate a heavily flawed and mismanaged system (TWLM) into the current TWL rules. The idea is to reduce possible areas of exploitation, not to add incentive to ruin the integrity of TWL.
              killing newbs since 2002

Comment

TWLM rules should not be included in the TWL rules per se, and deserve a separate rules section as its a league by itself. however, it is very flawed with the way it is currently being ran, and is thus simply an incomplete part of the leagues that I will put no focus on at the moment.

TWLM is a good idea, but it has about 40 things that requires fixing at the moment before it can be even considered a legitimate part of TWL.

Comment

TWLM will always be flawed, not just due to lack of developers but for the simple reason that you have players who have 'inside knowledge' of what line up is going to be played that week, even squad mates are likely to know who will show and who will not. Plus with captains/assistant able to make substitutes they can influence, which team member becomes MVP, there is a reason why people who work at certain places/industries are not allowed to bet.
                  killing newbs since 2002

Comment

If you knew anything, you would know that I know tsunami is gone and that my statement had more meaning than you understand. You are implying that the twlm system could not be fixed, but it very well could be if someone put the time and effort into it. TBH you are reducing a majority of things that made TWL what it was. You made more games on sunday yes, but twlm/hot or not and things like that gave people a reason to log on during the week and to get involved and watch more intently. Just because you don't have or haven't created a way to keep people from rigging the system and do not want to devote your time to making something work the way it was designed, doesn't mean its a shit idea or people don't want to do it. If I was in charge of something and I thought it was a stupid idea, I wouldn't do anything to help it either or to devote any time to it to help it succeed, but it's not about you or your wants. Its a matter of finding the right people to do it or going outside your boxes which you guys have clearly drawn. Nothing will succeed with pessimistic attitudes and neither the care nor want for it to succeed. Stuff doesn't just fix itself by neglecting it or erasing it.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

i never said it couldn't be incorporated with TWL in the future season, and in a matter of fact it should be included, but ONLY if done properly and all of its flaws corrected.

as it stands, TWLM is simply a flawed, broken system that should not be used in TWL. i do not have the time or motivation to put any effort into that horrendous thing, as it would require a complete rework, and we are lacking in both developers, time and ideas. TWLM is not going to be focused this year, but who knows if some kind developer takes the project under their wing in the future.

if you want to, you can try to outsource the work. i'm not doing it, though, not this season.

Comment

I appreciate some people like the 'fantasy manager' aspect of TWLM, I'm just saying that it will always be flawed and is not a critical system, with limited resources cuts are necessary, if it can't be run right then it shouldn't really be ran at all, especially if there is cause to cheat.
                        killing newbs since 2002

Comment

It's not as limited as you think.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

RIP twlm

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

This going to be working this upcoming season? aaaand I assume our ratings will be updated from last season? What seemed to be the disconnect? Any word on this? Also....Can we have our medals except for the betting ones which I think we agreed would not be recognized? pleeeeeease and thank you

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Working...
                              X