Suggestions for making TWD alive again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fork View Post
    I mean the only way that could stop an idea like this would prob be the coding involved i guess and who could do this.
    The only good idea is from Rab and that's to reduce TWL to once a year, but you guys thinking up pages and pages of work for other people to do is pretty hilarious.

As it is now, it seems like only a month goes by after TWL ends before TWD is reset, TWL is announced again and everyone is back in full competition mode. There is not enough time to just take it easy, make fun squads and play with different people. Now a days, all of the elite vets form on a couple of squads and no one else can match them. Months of TWD are made meaningless because of one game a week on Sundays. The biggest problem with this arrangement is the complete inability for new players to play TWD because TWD squads are so busy gearing up for TWL that they cannot afford to take time or risk with new players. Not to mention that no new TWD squads are likely to form from new players as they are unable to compete with the other squads that have become so stacked.

As pub becomes more complex, new players will have difficulty starting up, whereas it was very simple for us all to do so. Reducing this game back to the simple state Priitk envisioned might be a better idea than continually adding new "features."

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
      The only good idea is from Rab and that's to reduce TWL to once a year, but you guys thinking up pages and pages of work for other people to do is pretty hilarious.
      Creating more interest in twd is a wise move. If an idea could be pulled off to get people more hooked to twd- the population of the game may increase slightly (since 80% of people only play tws for squad games). This is very obvious and not too sure why people are against this? coz its me saying this? (most likely). I don't think the coding for this is as extensive as what you are hinting- the hard part is designing these 8 ships for people to unlock- which i could help do providing we have someone evaluate the work that needs to be done to code this in and agrees to do this.

When you mention "there is not enough time to just take it easy, make fun squads and play with dif people"- this is exactly what would happen if twd was made into a seperate competition (like turban had suggested) and i don't feel we need more competition- we just need to attract more people to twd- which can only be done if something new was tried out (that doesnt affect gameplay- but makes people want to play more and more).

Vat you suggested there is only one good idea in this thread: reduce twl to once a year but will that on its own be good enough to make twd more active??? What other ideas do you suggest???
      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

I think everyone is missing the point. TWD is still relatively active. but what's changed in recent years is how every other arena that supplemented TWD has completely died to the point of everyone thinking TWD is the only thing to do in the game. People want to play the game, there's just not many options besides TWD, pub, or the random event.

Think about the peak of TW. You could login and there was immediately something to do. Elim was going 24/7, ?go javs always had people in it etc. The game offered everyone something to do while you waited for your squad and others to have enough for a TWD match. Now there's nothing to do but sit around and think about how dead the game is while you wait for a squad duel.

Not to toot my own horn about TWEL, but just noticing what happened, when TWEL qualifying began, ?go duel became constantly occupied with 20-40 people at almost all times. This isn't because TWEL is more fun or more important than TWD to people, it's just that it only takes 2 people to play it and there's relevant rankings which makes it hold importance, unlike casual games of wbduel or javduel.

TWD is great but the real problem with the game is how there's no arena that allows competitive players to log in and immediately play. It's also almost impossible to play the game as an individual player anymore which I think is almost worse. Just making elim active and important again with some kind of reward would make everything, especially TWD, more active.
        PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
        ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Mythril +1
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

/disagree
            all I really want from TW is TWD
            atm it's really hard to get a game at all
            there's still javduel/hockey/elim to fill the gaps

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
              /disagree
              all I really want from TW is TWD
              atm it's really hard to get a game at all
              there's still javduel/hockey/elim to fill the gaps
              Hockey is hosted every 5-10 hours maybe on average?

Elim is absolutely horrible for anyone who played it 5-10 years ago. An elim with 4 people in it is considered "big" these days. That's absolutely horrible and not fun. If Elim fills the time for you, then have at it. It certainly isn't fun for the large majority.

Javduel goes on probably as much as wbduel does, and both are pointless and inactive for large parts of the day.

So yeah, have fun playing or speccing in pub for 90% of the time, and then waiting and waiting and waiting for your squad to play one or two TWD games total. The amount of time you are waiting compared to playing is drastic. You have fun with that.
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

What is the real problem are LTs in Pub. Change a few ship settings, change a few maps and events, add some more great features like the ?buy system and the zone will become just like 2003 again. Hell yeah, we need just a few more good ideas; THAT’S the problem. LOL

How many years of failed shit like this do we have to watch before it finally sinks in that these are NOT the answers? If we are not going to bother to fix what is really broken (lack of resources which is the result of the lack of proper leadership) then just fucking give up and let it go on the stupidity path that it is has been on for the last 10 years.

Find dumbasses who are willing to invest in their little ideas that keep it limping along in its half-assed way. Burn them out, use them up. There should always be at least 1-2 people who are willing pour endless hours into a fruitless effort because they think they are going to actually fix the zone. Just keep taking advantage of these dupes and their superficial ideas; hope springs internal. Turb will soon burn out and someone can take his place. And we can just keep scraping the bottom of the barrel for staffers who can hold an event.

TW reminds me of a McDonalds. Just keep turning over the minimum wage workers, the pool of them is almost endless. Everybody might occasional eat at McDonalds but who in their right mind would really want to work there for long? The marketing approach is to simply say ‘would you like to upsize that order of fries?’ and just add more crap to the menu. I guess no one is noticing that none of it is any good for you and no one can really stand to eat it day in and day out.

But the great ‘ideas’ just keep flowing in… add a new favor of coffee or stack another shit burger patty on top; yeah THAT ought to get more people in the door. Increase the menu to include 2000 things, even if they all suck it will make more people come in the door and try it. Who cares if 98% of them never come back?

Keep up the good job, many of you can have shining careers and you look so good in your little uniforms and hair nets. I get a tear in my eye when I see how the hard work can move you up the ladder to the McDonalds manager level. Keep these great ideas coming!
                Eph

Comment

Honestly, this game is already dead. We are just pretending it isn't for old time sake.

The only way this game will ever have a resurgence is if it is literally remade. It needs to be updated completely, in every way/shape/form. That's the only way this game will ever come back, and even that isn't a sure thing.

So seriously, unless someone wants to go out of their way and make a new Subspace, then stop complaining about new players.

The only thing us old players are asking for is something new and fun to do before the game is entirely dead. TWD is fun, but it isn't active enough. Do something about that, make other arenas better, or make something new entirely. Do something at least. If this is impossible or you don't want to do it, then step down from your staff positions and go back to being afk forever. Nobody said staff was fun. People do it for 2 reasons. Either they want to change the game for the better, or they want some inflated, fallacious sense of power. Usually, it's the second one, and those players are the ones that make it bad for the first group.

What really needs to happen, if you ask me, is everyone from staff should be axed immediately and TW has a voting system to decide the real staff members. Let TW get exactly what it wants, good or bad. Nothing can be worse than what is already there for the most part. At the very least, it will mean people can stop complaining.

A free game with no ownership whatsoever should not be run by a bunch of people who get promoted and advance within their small fraternity, with the only way of getting in is through the cycle of acceptance into this small fraternity. This has gone on for years and years, with nothing good to show for it. It seriously is total shit. It makes everyone who get staff and is good at it look bad, and most of the good ones quit due to the large majority that are absolute shit. The absolute shit add in more shit, and the cycle has repeated itself over and over again since before I even first played this game in 2000.

So yeah, without a complete overhaul in everything, which will never happen due to 99% of those in power grasping for it even as the game is completely dead due to no small part on their actions/inaction, nothing will change and we have no reason to give a fuck. The only hope is again, some random person creating a new Subspace, and nobody in the current staff leadership roles can even touch that game. Basically, this game is fucked no matter what.
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Fixing lil things wont increase the population- those who think that dont have much common sense. Like if you restored pub to how it was back in 2000- its the same boring shit minus spacebux- which isnt actually far off what we have now.

Ok now for those who hate extra content/ ideas being added on the cake. Well for instance turban created more interest in twl by adding on a cool idea (slice of cake) which was home arenas for squads (yes an old idea that was retstored) and double the amount of twl games played on sundays. This makes twl more fun and competitive and an example of what ive been hinting at the whole time. You can capture more players interests by making twd more fun/ implement a system so squads can get a twd game at any time of the day. This is what most players want including retired players who log in now and again. I stress this again: twd/ twl is the drug- but its getting weaker. Add some ingredients to strengthen this drug and get people addicted to it again.
                    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
                      Fixing lil things wont increase the population- those who think that dont have much common sense. Like if you restored pub to how it was back in 2000- its the same boring shit minus spacebux- which isnt actually far off what we have now.

Ok now for those who hate extra content/ ideas being added on the cake. Well for instance turban created more interest in twl by adding on a cool idea (slice of cake) which was home arenas for squads (yes an old idea that was retstored) and double the amount of twl games played on sundays. This makes twl more fun and competitive and an example of what ive been hinting at the whole time. You can capture more players interests by making twd more fun/ implement a system so squads can get a twd game at any time of the day. This is what most players want including retired players who log in now and again. I stress this again: twd/ twl is the drug- but its getting weaker. Add some ingredients to strengthen this drug and get people addicted to it again.
                      It's always about you, isn't it? You did that, you had this idea that someone else stole, you, you, YOU!

Well wake up and smell the air, young one. It's not about what YOU do, it's about what WE (as the community) do together. This isn't a singleplayer game where everyone just plays on their own, it's a team-based MMO where all of us need to have fun while playing pub/TWD/TWL or other stuff. So please, stop trying to be annoying (I know it's hard) and actually do something.

And it's people like you that actually want me to quit this game forever since I know nothing will change. You will just rant about it all the time, giving stupid shit out to try and make yourself look pro, but guess what? It doesn't work anymore. Everyone sees that. You actually need to do something to help and not just brag about your ideas all the time. Oh, and 1 more thing. Give it a month/2 months and let Fork become TW Staff. Then it's time to write another retirement thread on this forum.

As I told turb, I wanna help. But this is going nowhere. I'm losing interest on a daily basis now. Make something happen. TWL is close to being over (regular season atleast). Give us something to work on. Give us a purpose and reason to stay. If not, many of us will stop playing after next week. Think about it. And quickly.
                      "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                      Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                      Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Wiibimbo, do you really think staff give a fuck? You're bitching at regular players here. You don't see staff coming in to give their thoughts. Staff don't give a fuck what any of you think. They have a status quo to maintain.
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by mtine View Post
                          It's always about you, isn't it? You did that, you had this idea that someone else stole, you, you, YOU!

Well wake up and smell the air, young one. It's not about what YOU do, it's about what WE (as the community) do together. This isn't a singleplayer game where everyone just plays on their own, it's a team-based MMO where all of us need to have fun while playing pub/TWD/TWL or other stuff. So please, stop trying to be annoying (I know it's hard) and actually do something.

And it's people like you that actually want me to quit this game forever since I know nothing will change. You will just rant about it all the time, giving stupid shit out to try and make yourself look pro, but guess what? It doesn't work anymore. Everyone sees that. You actually need to do something to help and not just brag about your ideas all the time. Oh, and 1 more thing. Give it a month/2 months and let Fork become TW Staff. Then it's time to write another retirement thread on this forum.

As I told turb, I wanna help. But this is going nowhere. I'm losing interest on a daily basis now. Make something happen. TWL is close to being over (regular season atleast). Give us something to work on. Give us a purpose and reason to stay. If not, many of us will stop playing after next week. Think about it. And quickly.
                          Its not about me at all- please dont ever think that. If an idea I produce increases the population: I wouldnt care if I didnt get mentioned- I promise. I havent got a clue why you really hate me? Wow man. Some people need help mentally I guess. Anyway im trying my best to help this game... as always despite my haters. I see things differently, I always imagen how can we make pub/ twd/ twl to be as fun as possible as doing so will provide more interest like what turban is doing with the home arena stuff . Get along with me please/ work together with me/ insulting me certainly doesnt go anywhere but possibly make yourself feel happy for a minute. Wiibimbo u need to understand u cant possibly implement an idea without getting staff approval... also im not a coder- if I was I would code in stuff to max out the fun/ make things more addictive. We all can help out as a community but we need to be on the same page and stop thinking im selfish- I'm really not that guy ur imagening in your head. Im the guy you spoke to on teamspeak remember? U seemed to like me if I can remember

Comment

I really don't care about staff anymore Exalt. I haven't even seen them in about 2 weeks which is sad but I'm happy at the same time. They can do whatever they want, I'm done with them. Period.

As for you Fork: you can help all you want, I'm done.
                            "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                            Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                            Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by mtine View Post
                              I really don't care about staff anymore Exalt. I haven't even seen them in about 2 weeks which is sad but I'm happy at the same time. They can do whatever they want, I'm done with them. Period.

As for you Fork: you can help all you want, I'm done.
                              No i want you to tell me what i have done wrong. You started this thread by wanting suggestions- yet when i put in my suggestions/ ideas/ opinions you completely treat me horrible. I mean why start a thread asking for suggestions if you cant handle it? I'm very confused and concerned about you.
                              Last edited by Fork; 11-02-2014, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I'm just saying. None of our ideas will ever be implemented with the staff currently in leadership. They never were at any point previously either. It isn't like this game died overnight, and staff did a great job before this. They've ignored ideas for 10+ years now. To assume they will magically become useful no matter how good the idea is a fallacy. Staff are as much a downfall in the current activity as the game being almost 20 years old has been. When you stagnate for 10+ years, of course things will die out. I don't see why anyone would be surprised? Be proud that the game even lasted this long. That in itself is a testament to the game being good. That being said, the idea that 'this is how we've always done it' will forever be a large reason for the game dying the way it has. People need change, and when you don't have the leadership ability to realize that, you turn into the Myspace of gaming.
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X