Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customize those boring background planets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customize those boring background planets!

So was just fucking around when it actually worked. Prob obvious to everyone else but you can alter those background pictures and make it as big as you want and it'll work (i thought the images had to be exactly the same as the default ones).

Only one prob tho... i have 2 of these in pub haha but still looks cool to see. Wish you can edit how many of the same background image is displayed in pub.

For those who wanna fuck around and don't know how to do this (i'm expecting pretty much everyone knows this) but go on your continuum folder... Click graphics folder. You will see bg01- bg14. Well just open it in paint and paste an image of your choice onto it- click save and da da.
    Last edited by Fork; 11-04-2014, 07:46 AM.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Like I said mate, I do really like what you've done there.
    Trench Wars Staff
    Staff Trainer
    TWL Operator
    Full Time Legend

sigpic

Comment

been around for a long time
      also, they make loading and render times go up
      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
        been around for a long time
        also, they make loading and render times go up
        Yeh they will increase the download of the arena/ cause abit of lag but look at this way: Have it near the spawn area and the first thing new players will see is a sexy earth in the background- (which 1: distracts them temporarily from the shitty pub graphics, 2) Provides more of a space like feel to pub which causes them to stick around to see what this game is about).
        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

I like.

Comment

Not bad tho' I wouldn't want Earth. Put in a planet from Star Wars like Courscant or maybe a world from Star Trek that has different landscapes, atmospheres, colors, etc.

Comment

Looks impressive, but 25fps?
              Whatever machine, in this game that should be impossible.

No gamer wants to play at a low fps like that.
              I'm sure one could tweak it to make it work, but if you're on it you should do that and find the optimal setup.

Minimum 60fps, preferrably much more.
              3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
              3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
              3:i.d.> da fk is that?
              3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
              3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
              3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
              3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
              3:Shadowmere> LOL
              3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
              Shadowmere> Rofl
              Up in ya !> With his feet
              Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
              Up in ya !> l44t feet
              Deft> l44t f44t*
              Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
              Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

My fps is max 30 on windowed and 200 full screen (normally). Earth positioned just below spawn area.
                Last edited by Fork; 11-04-2014, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I play World of Tanks at 10 fps bc I'm a badass. not rly, I just have a shtty laptop.
                  idkidc1233

Comment

looks cool

just keep those fukin planets away from the base that is all

Comment

Originally posted by idkidc1233 View Post
                      I play World of Tanks at 10 fps bc I'm a badass. not rly, I just have a shtty laptop.
                      Tanks for your input. Was that it or armor comments following? I swear, man, every time I turret around, you are there making these posts. I cannon imagine anyone wanting to read this filth. Make one more post like this and I'm going to TKO you with an Abrams Body Slam.

Comment

Frightful eats his own shit , swallows it with pride.BTW Nice planets to bad I play with all that stuff turned off, cool tho!

Comment

Originally posted by olde View Post
                          Frightful eats his own shit , swallows it with pride.BTW Nice planets to bad I play with all that stuff turned off, cool tho!

My name is old-e
                          I drink my own pee
                          I take my bike off of some sweet jumps
                          Go so high it gives me goosebumps
                          I'm such a daredevil I order my Big Mac with extra buns
                          Just kidding
                          I might be dangerous, but my gluten-free diet is priority number one
                          I went camping in Alaska for a month, got lost
                          But there is no way I'm eating one bite of pasta
                          I could have frozen, fallen through some thin ice
                          I'll take my chances with hypothermia over white rice
                          I walked barefoot through Death Valley, could've keeled over dead
                          Know what's scarier? A huge slice of pumpernickel bread
                          I'm sure whatever happens, however I may die
                          It won't be from eating handfuls of french fries

Comment

thats actually pretty cool fork
                            5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
                            1:Cig <er>> ROFL
                            1:fiS> LOL
                            1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

Originally posted by Reckful View Post
                              thats actually pretty cool fork
                              Easy to test out yourself if you wanna see the lag/ how it looks/ if it could actually keep a new player on this game? You just need to go to continuum folder/ graphics/ its bg01- paste a nice image of the world or w/e world u want and i'll appear in 2 places outside pub base.

Anyone testing this perhaps post a screenshot of what they've added?

You can actually position the planets to whereever you want:

?perhaps a crystal planet- though the earth still looks tons better.

Last edited by Fork; 11-06-2014, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X