TWLD Semi-Final: Sweet vs Cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Semi-Final: Sweet vs Cobra

So here we are, we're at the first semi-final of this season's TWLD competition and we see past TWLD champions Sweet taking on Cobra in the winner's bracket match with the victor moving on to the TWLD final with an advantageous 1-0 head start over who ever their eventual opponents are.

Both teams are coming off the back of underdog victories with both Fierce and Thunder heavily favoured to pick up the TWLD trophy at the end of the season but both faltering at the first hurdle (but given our new playoff system, one could still win it) with Sweet beating Thunder 2-1 and Cobra beating Fierce 2-0. During the regular season Sweet and Cobra each scored a comprehensive victory over the other with Sweet first winning 50-34 in round 4 and Cobra winning 50-37 in round 8.

So who will win on Sunday?

Given I am a captain of Cobra I feel it would be wrong to give a prediction seeming as I'm obviously going to favour my own side regardless of reality, so instead I will just give a few pointless matter of facts:

- Riverside has undeniably been one of 2 stand out performers this TWLD season (Racka being the other) with endless 16+ kill performances, how ever last Sunday his combined score over 3 rounds was 23-28 with one round being a forgettable 2-10. Was it just a bad week for River or was he too out of practice coming up against a hard opponent? Sweet will need River to be on top of his game this Sunday if they want to emerge victorious as he is the arrowhead in their attack given he likes to push opponents around and lure whilst the majority of his team mates prefer to sit back and snipe/lob.

- From what I witnessed last Sunday Tarnish has also now adopted a very heavily run/lob playing style which is strange given I have always viewed him as a more aggressive player/rusher, but with a 15-9 MVP round having adopted a 'run first shoot later' approach Tarnish is clearly comfortable switching to this style. Given a number of Cobra players take a more direct approach we could have a mismatch of rushers vs lobbers which leads me to believe it could just come down to which side is more switched on and taking full advantage of everything that comes their way. (Given the history of TWLD victors being more sniper/mid range based this could be a forewarning for Cobra on Sunday).

- Cobra will be without the experienced 'No Creature No Victory' this weekend, and I'm just hoping his self-promoted slogan couldn't be more wrong. In his place we see Casket returning to the side following his absence in last week's victory over Fierce. What Casket lacks in brains or beauty he can make up for in his stable play style as he has a similar style to the majority of Sweet and can pick up the leftovers from more aggressive players such as Raazi (who went 16-8 vs Sweet in the final round of the reg. season) as is evident in his season defining 16-7 performance against Fierce in round 7.

If anyone else would like to chip in with their opinions it would be great, as I said I would rather remain neutral in this thread given my relationship to Cobra, how ever I see this dragging out to a 3 round match but in whose favour I'm not sure; it'll just come down to who's firing on all cylinders on Sunday.

Given myself and a few other Cobra players were once on Freebie I think it only right that I revive this video Ardour made years back about certain Sweet members, if this is anything to go by I bloody hope we win on Sunday...

Last edited by Azov; 11-20-2014, 10:36 AM.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

the zidane version

tl;dr: cobra vs
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment