Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Evil God of the Bible & The Evil Physical Universe

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/mistic/mistic_08.htm

The physical Universe is the temporary creation of an evil demigod aspects of which go by many names including Jehovah, Rex Mundi, Yaldabaoth, Saklas, Satan.

This being has gone mad over time and lost control of his spurious creation. This explains the madness we now see manifesting around us. This whole mess, including the manifestation of this demigod and his evil creation, all called the Celestial Error, are in the process of being corrected.

Those who are evil are being transmuted, for they have no place in a peaceful Divine creation. Those who are not evil are being relocated. The physical dimension, including all evil in it is being blown up totally as part of this correction process. Those things which are not physical, including consciousness are being classified and dealt with according to their Spiritual Wholesomeness or evilness.

Nothing can stop this process.

We on Earth are now experiencing this process in a way which is, or will be, obvious to all. There is no other path for Earth, for Humanity, for the evil aliens who have used and abused humans, for the animals, for vegetation, not even for mineral consciousness.

These few pages have been placed here as an introduction for those who wish to read further into the topic.

The following is an extract from Volume 3 of the series "Making Sense of the Madness" edited for this website. This particular volume 3 is called "Death of an Evil God".

The Two Creations

All Mythology is distortion of the one Truth.

Superior consciousness has entered this trapped dimension in which a battle of essences is raging between a trapped segment of the Divine Creation and a spurious, counterfeit one created by the rebellious demiurge. [who you know of as "God" of the bible]

The reasons for the entry are:

Liberation of the Trapped (theomorphic) Divine beings

Re-establishment of Divine order in a New, unpolluted Dimension

Judgment of all consciousness

Transmutation of all Evil, of all spurious entities, of all beings created by the Evil Essence, including the robots and the Demons, in human and alien bodies

In essence this is the undistorted Gnostic Eschatological Doctrine.

The aim of the Evil Essence has been none other than to obscure the simplicity of these Gnostic Truths. The fragmentation of consciousness and the subsequent loss of memory of these things by all beings has been very much on purpose in order to confuse these four simple reasons for entry of Light into this plane.

The treachery, manipulation and dishonesty which has allowed corruption of this simple Truth of what is going on are hallmarks of the Evil essence which has manifested in many guises but especially as the guardian and promoter of religious doctrine.

Read More at Above Link.

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God calledthe light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
    6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.”And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.
    9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.
    11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.
    14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.
    20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.
    24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds:the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
    26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number;fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
    29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
    31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

PsyOps Disinformation, Jerome, heres the real text from the 2nd Century Nag Hammadi

The Hypostasis of the Archons
        (The Reality of the Rulers)

Translated by Bentley Layton

On account of the reality of the authorities, (inspired) by the spirit of the father of truth, the great apostle – referring to the "authorities of the darkness" – told us that "our contest is not against flesh and blood; rather, the authorities of the universe and the spirits of wickedness." I have sent this (to you) because you inquire about the reality of the authorities.

Their chief is blind; because of his power and his ignorance and his arrogance he said, with his power, "It is I who am God; there is none apart from me." When he said this, he sinned against the entirety. And this speech got up to incorruptibility; then there was a voice that came forth from incorruptibility, saying, "You are mistaken, Samael" – which is, "god of the blind."

His thoughts became blind. And, having expelled his power – that is, the blasphemy he had spoken – he pursued it down to chaos and the abyss, his mother, at the instigation of Pistis Sophia. And she established each of his offspring in conformity with its power - after the pattern of the realms that are above, for by starting from the invisible world the visible world was invented.

As incorruptibility looked down into the region of the waters, her image appeared in the waters; and the authorities of the darkness became enamored of her. But they could not lay hold of that image, which had appeared to them in the waters, because of their weakness – since beings that merely possess a soul cannot lay hold of those that possess a spirit – for they were from below, while it was from above. This is the reason why "incorruptibility looked down into the region (etc.)": so that, by the father's will, she might bring the entirety into union with the light.

The rulers laid plans and said, "Come, let us create a man that will be soil from the earth." They modeled their creature as one wholly of the earth. Now the rulers [...] body [...] they have [...] female [...] is [...] with the face of a beast. They had taken some soil from the earth and modeled their man after their body and after the image of God that had appeared to them in the waters. They said, "Come, let us lay hold of it by means of the form that we have modeled, so that it may see its male counterpart [...], and we may seize it with the form that we have modeled" – not understanding the force of God, because of their powerlessness. And he breathed into his face; and the man came to have a soul (and remained) upon the ground many days. But they could not make him arise because of their powerlessness. Like storm winds they persisted (in blowing), that they might try to capture that image, which had appeared to them in the waters. And they did not know the identity of its power.

Now all these things came to pass by the will of the father of the entirety. Afterwards, the spirit saw the soul-endowed man upon the ground. And the spirit came forth from the Adamantine Land; it descended and came to dwell within him, and that man became a living soul. It called his name Adam, since he was found moving upon the ground. A voice came forth from incorruptibility for the assistance of Adam; and the rulers gathered together all the animals of the earth and all the birds of heaven and brought them in to Adam to see what Adam would call them, that he might give a name to each of the birds and all the beasts.

They took Adam and put him the garden, that he might cultivate it and keep watch over it. And the rulers issued a command to him, saying, "From every tree in the garden shall you eat; yet from the tree of recognizing good and evil do not eat, nor touch it; for the day you eat from it, with death you are going to die."

They [...] this. They do not understand what they have said to him; rather, by the father's will, they said this in such a way that he might (in fact) eat, and that Adam might <not> regard them as would a man of an exclusively material nature.

The rulers took counsel with one another and said, "Come, let us cause a deep sleep to fall upon Adam." And he slept. – Now the deep sleep that they "caused to fall upon him, and he slept" is Ignorance. – They opened his side like a living woman. And they built up his side with some flesh in place of her, and Adam came to be endowed only with soul.

And the spirit-endowed woman came to him and spoke with him, saying, "Arise, Adam." And when he saw her, he said, "It is you who have given me life; you will be called 'mother of the living'. – For it is she who is my mother. It is she who is the physician, and the woman, and she who has given birth."

Then the authorities came up to their Adam. And when they saw his female counterpart speaking with him, they became agitated with great agitation; and they became enamored of her. They said to one another, "Come, let us sow our seed in her," and they pursued her. And she laughed at them for their witlessness and their blindness; and in their clutches she became a tree, and left before them her shadowy reflection resembling herself; and they defiled it foully. – And they defiled the stamp of her voice, so that by the form they had modeled, together with their (own) image, they made themselves liable to condemnation.

Then the female spiritual principle came in the snake, the instructor; and it taught them, saying, "What did he say to you? Was it, 'From every tree in the garden shall you eat; yet – from the tree of recognizing good and evil do not eat'?"

The carnal woman said, "Not only did he say 'Do not eat', but even 'Do not touch it; for the day you eat from it, with death you are going to die.'"

And the snake, the instructor, said, "With death you shall not die; for it was out of jealousy that he said this to you. Rather your eyes shall open and you shall come to be like gods, recognizing evil and good." And the female instructing principle was taken away from the snake, and she left it behind, merely a thing of the earth.

And the carnal woman took from the tree and ate; and she gave to her husband as well as herself; and these beings that possessed only a soul, ate. And their imperfection became apparent in their lack of knowledge; and they recognized that they were naked of the spiritual element, and took fig leaves and bound them upon their loins.

Then the chief ruler came; and he said, "Adam! Where are you?" – for he did not understand what had happened. And Adam said, "I heard your voice and was afraid because I was naked; and I hid."

The ruler said, "Why did you hide, unless it is because you have eaten from the tree from which alone I commanded you not to eat? And you have eaten!"

Adam said, "The woman that you gave me, she gave to me and I ate." And the arrogant ruler cursed the woman.

The woman said, "It was the snake that led me astray and I ate." They turned to the snake and cursed its shadowy reflection, [...] powerless, not comprehending that it was a form they themselves had modeled. From that day, the snake came to be under the curse of the authorities; until the all-powerful man was to come, that curse fell upon the snake.

They turned to their Adam and took him and expelled him from the garden along with his wife; for they have no blessing, since they too are beneath the curse. Moreover, they threw mankind into great distraction and into a life of toil, so that their mankind might be occupied by worldly affairs, and might not have the opportunity of being devoted to the holy spirit.

Now afterwards, she bore Cain, their son; and Cain cultivated the land. Thereupon he knew his wife; again becoming pregnant, she bore Abel; and Abel was a herdsman of sheep. Now Cain brought in from the crops of his field, but Abel brought in an offering (from) among his lambs. God looked upon the votive offerings of Abel; but he did not accept the votive offerings of Cain. And carnal Cain pursued Abel, his brother.

And God said to Cain, "Where is Abel, your brother?"

He answered saying, "Am I, then, my brother's keeper?"

God said to Cain, "Listen! The voice of your brother's blood is crying up to me! You have sinned with your mouth. It will return to you: anyone who kills Cain will let loose seven vengeances, and you will exist groaning and trembling upon the earth."

And Adam knew his female counterpart Eve, and she became pregnant, and bore Seth to Adam. And she said, "I have borne another man through God, in place of Abel." Again Eve became pregnant, and she bore Norea. And she said, "He has begotten on me a virgin as an assistance for many generations of mankind." She is the virgin whom the forces did not defile.

Then mankind began to multiply and improve. The rulers took counsel with one another and said, "Come, let us cause a deluge with our hands and obliterate all flesh, from man to beast." But when the ruler of the forces came to know of their decision, he said to Noah, "Make yourself an ark from some wood that does not rot and hide in it - you and your children and the beasts and the birds of heaven from small to large – and set it upon Mount Sir."

Then Norea came to him, wanting to board the ark. And when he would not let her, she blew upon the ark and caused it to be consumed by fire. Again he made the ark, for a second time.

The rulers went to meet her, intending to lead her astray. Their supreme chief said to her, "Your mother Eve came to us." But Norea turned to them and said to them, "It is you who are the rulers of the darkness; you are accursed. And you did not know my mother; instead it was your female counterpart that you knew. For I am not your descendant; rather it is from the world above that I am come."

The arrogant ruler turned, with all his might, and his countenance came to be like (a) black [...]; he said to her presumptuously, "You must render service to us, as did also your mother Eve; for I have been given [...]." But Norea turned, with the might of [...]; and in a loud voice, she cried out up to the holy one, the God of the entirety, "Rescue me from the rulers of unrighteousness and save me from their clutches - forthwith!"

The (great) angel came down from the heavens and said to her, "Why are you crying up to God? Why do you act so boldly towards the holy spirit?"

Norea said, "Who are you?" The rulers of unrighteousness had withdrawn from her.

He said, "It is I who am Eleleth, sagacity, the great angel who stands in the presence of the holy spirit. I have been sent to speak with you and save you from the grasp of the lawless. And I shall teach you about your root."

(Norea apparently now speaking) Now as for that angel, I cannot speak of his power: his appearance is like fine gold and his raiment is like snow. No, truly, my mouth cannot bear to speak of his power and the appearance of his face!

Eleleth, the great angel, spoke to me. "It is I," he said, "who am understanding. I am one of the four light-givers, who stand in the presence of the great invisible spirit. Do you think these rulers have any power over you? None of them can prevail against the root of truth; for on its account he appeared in the final ages; and these authorities will be restrained. And these authorities cannot defile you and that generation; for your abode is in incorruptibility, where the virgin spirit dwells, who is superior to the authorities of chaos and to their universe."

But I said, "Sir, teach me about the faculty of these authorities – how did they come into being, and by what kind of genesis, and of what material, and who created them and their force?"

And the great angel Eleleth, understanding, spoke to me: "Within limitless realms dwells incorruptibility. Sophia, who is called Pistis, wanted to create something, alone without her consort; and her product was a celestial thing. A veil exists between the world above and the realms that are below; and shadow came into being beneath the veil; and that shadow became matter; and that shadow was projected apart. And what she had created became a product in the matter, like an aborted fetus. And it assumed a plastic form molded out of shadow, and became an arrogant beast resembling a lion. It was androgynous, as I have already said, because it was from matter that it derived.

Opening his eyes, he saw a vast quantity of matter without limit; and he became arrogant, saying, "It is I who am God, and there is none other apart from me". When he said this, he sinned against the entirety. And a voice came forth from above the realm of absolute power, saying, "You are mistaken, Samael" – which is, 'god of the blind'.

And he said, "If any other thing exists before me, let it become visible to me!" And immediately Sophia stretched forth her finger and introduced light into matter; and she pursued it down to the region of chaos. And she returned up to her light; once again darkness [...] matter.

This ruler, by being androgynous, made himself a vast realm, an extent without limit. And he contemplated creating offspring for himself, and created for himself seven offspring, androgynous just like their parent. And he said to his offspring, "It is I who am god of the entirety."

And Zoe (Life), the daughter of Pistis Sophia, cried out and said to him, "You are mistaken, Sakla!" – for which the alternative name is Yaltabaoth. She breathed into his face, and her breath became a fiery angel for her; and that angel bound Yaldabaoth and cast him down into Tartaros below the abyss.

Now when his offspring Sabaoth saw the force of that angel, he repented and condemned his father and his mother, matter. He loathed her, but he sang songs of praise up to Sophia and her daughter Zoe. And Sophia and Zoe caught him up and gave him charge of the seventh heaven, below the veil between above and below. And he is called 'God of the forces, Sabaoth', since he is up above the forces of chaos, for Sophia established him.

Now when these (events) had come to pass, he made himself a huge four-faced chariot of cherubim, and infinitely many angels to act as ministers, and also harps and lyres. And Sophia took her daughter Zoe and had her sit upon his right to teach him about the things that exist in the eighth (heaven); and the angel of wrath she placed upon his left. Since that day, his right has been called 'life'; and the left has come to represent the unrighteousness of the realm of absolute power above. It was before your time that they came into being.

Now when Yaldabaoth saw him (Sabaoth) in this great splendor and at this height, he envied him; and the envy became an androgynous product, and this was the origin of envy. And envy engendered death; and death engendered his offspring and gave each of them charge of its heaven; and all the heavens of chaos became full of their multitudes. But it was by the will of the father of the entirety that they all came into being – after the pattern of all the things above – so that the sum of chaos might be attained.

"There, I have taught you about the pattern of the rulers; and the matter in which it was expressed; and their parent; and their universe."

But I said, "Sir, am I also from their matter?"

"You, together with your offspring, are from the primeval father; from above, out of the imperishable light, their souls are come. Thus the authorities cannot approach them, because of the spirit of truth present within them; and all who have become acquainted with this way exist deathless in the midst of dying mankind. Still, that sown element will not become known now. Instead, after three generations it will come to be known, and it has freed them from the bondage of the authorities' error."

Then I said, "Sir, how much longer?"

He said to me, "Until the moment when the true man, within a modeled form, reveals the existence of the spirit of truth, which the father has sent.

Then he will teach them about everything, and he will anoint them with the unction of life eternal, given him from the undominated generation.

Then they will be freed of blind thought, and they will trample underfoot death, which is of the authorities, and they will ascend into the limitless light where this sown element belongs.

Then the authorities will relinquish their ages, and their angels will weep over their destruction, and their demons will lament their death.

Then all the children of the light will be truly acquainted with the truth and their root, and the father of the entirety and the holy spirit. They will all say with a single voice, 'The father's truth is just, and the son presides over the entirety", and from everyone unto the ages of ages, "Holy – holy – holy! Amen!'"

Read More at:

http://www.gnosis.org

Comment

This is our top recommendation for readers beginning their exploration of the Gnostic scriptures. Over the last three decades Prof. Meyer has distinguished himself as a singularly talented translator and commentator on Gnostic traditions. In this new The Gnostic Gospels of Jesus, edited by Marvin Meyercollection -- the best of several that he has now published -- Meyer presents twelve key Gnostic "gospels" in succinct, accurate and highly readable new translations. The book's subtitle claims it to be: "The definitive collection of mystical gospels and secret books about Jesus of Nazareth." Though perhaps not "definitive", we agree this is the best introductory collection available.

Meyer states his goal in these translations is to be "as accurate as possible" while still presenting the texts in "felicitous English." At this he succeeds beautifully. Readers who have labored with the sometimes tortured translations and editorial conventions presented in the original editions of the Nag Hammadi Library published thirty years ago will be amazed at the graceful intelligibility of Meyer's translations. Meyer adds to the collection an overview of our evolving understanding of Christian Gnosticism, and prefaces each of the selected text with an excellent introductory essay.

his excellent new print edition of the Gospel of Mary of Magdala by the widely respected scholar Karen King is the best authoritative edition available. It incorporates translations of the ancient Coptic Gospel of Mary discovered in 1896, along with the two small third-century Greek fragments of the text found at Oxyrhynchus. Included is a superb introduction along with extensive commentary on the text and its implications for modern understandings of early Christianity. Highly Recommended. Visit the Gnostic Society Bookstore for more information. Also visit our Gospel of Mary Magdalene page, where we have more information on the Gospel of Mary and a preview excerpt from Dr. King's introduction to her book.

n The Search for Roots, Alfred Ribi closely examines Jung’s life-long association with Gnostic tradition. Dr. Ribi knows C. G. Jung and his tradition from the ground up. He began his analytical training with Marie-Louise von Franz in 1963, and continued working closely with Dr. von Franz for the next 30 years. For over four decades he has been an analyst, lecturer and examiner of the C. G. Jung Institute in Zurich, where he also served as the Director of Studies.

But even more importantly, early in his studies Dr. Ribi noted Jung’s underlying roots in Gnostic tradition, and he carefully followed those roots to their source. Alfred Ribi is unique in the Jungian analytical community for the careful scholarship and intellectual rigor he has brought to the study Gnosticism. In The Search for Roots, Ribi shows how a dialogue between Jungian and Gnostic studies can open new perspectives on the experiential nature of Gnosis, both ancient and modern. Creative engagement with Gnostic tradition broadens the imaginative scope of modern depth psychology and adds an essential context for understanding the voice of the soul emerging in our modern age.

A Foreword by Lance Owens supplements this volume with a discussion of Jung's encounter with Gnostic tradition while composing his Red Book (Liber Novus). Dr. Owens delivers a fascinating and historically well-documented account of how Gnostic mythology entered into Jung's personal mythology in the Red Book. Gnostic mythology thereafter became for Jung a prototypical image of his individuation. Dr. Owens offers this conclusion:

“In 1916 Jung had seemingly found the root of his myth and it was the myth of Gnosis. I see no evidence that this ever changed. Over the next forty years, he would proceed to construct an interpretive reading of the Gnostic tradition’s occult course across the Christian aeon: in Hermeticism, alchemy, Kabbalah, and Christian mysticism. In this vast hermeneutic enterprise, Jung was building a bridge across time, leading back to the foundation stone of classical Gnosticism. The bridge that led forward toward a new and coming aeon was footed on the stone rejected by the builders two thousand years ago.”

Alfred Ribi's examination of Jung’s relationship with Gnostic tradition comes at an important time. Initially authored prior to the publication of Jung's Red Book, current release of this English edition offers a bridge between the past and the forthcoming understanding of Jung’s Gnostic roots.

For a preview of the book, download the complete Foreword by Lance Owens in pdf format. Visit our publishing site, Gnosis Archive Books for more information. Buy the book at Amazon.com.

On occasion of the publication of this book, Dr. Lance Owens presented an introductory lecture at the Gnostic Society in Los Angeles. This lecture is now available for listening online. (Click here to listen or to download the lecture.)

During WWI, Jung entered an extended visionary experience that he called his “confrontation with the unconscious.” Based on these visions, he subsequently developed his principal theories of the collective unconscious, the archetypes, psychological types and the process of individuation. Jung focused on transforming psychotherapy from a practice concerned with the treatment of pathology into a means for reconnection with the soul and the recovery of meaning in life. At the heart of this endeavor was his legendary Red Book, a large, leather bound, illuminated volume that he created between 1914 and 1930, which contained the substance of his visions and became the nucleus of his later works. While Jung considered the Red Book, or Liber Novus (" The New Book") to be the central work in his oeuvre, it has remained unpublished till this day, and unavailable for study and unseen by the public at large.

The Red Book is best described as a visionary and prophetic work, and not simply as an imaginative literary or scientific document. It is possibly the most influential unpublished work in the history of psychology. Its publication is a watershed that inaugurates a new era in the understanding of Jung’s life and work; it fully reveals the experiential, Gnostic roots of Jung's psychology. As Jung stated:

"The years … when I pursued the inner images were the most important time of my life. Everything else is to be derived from this. It began at that time, and the later details hardly matter anymore. My entire life consisted in elaborating what had burst forth from the unconscious and flooded me like an enigmatic stream and threatened to break me. That was the stuff and material for more than only one life.... Everything later was merely the outer classification,the scientific elaboration, and the integration into life. But the numinous beginning, which contained everything, was then.”

Over a hundred-thousand copies have now been sold. It is available at Amazon.com at a discount price. Buy the Book.

A complete digital version of the Red Book: Liber Novus, including all images and text, is currently available online at the Internet Archive.

The Red Book: Reader's Edition - No Illustrations

In December 2012 the "Reader's Edition" of The Red Book was released - and this edition does NOT contain any of the facsimile images of the original book. There is none of the artwork here, just Jung's translated text, along with Dr. Shamdasani's introduction and notes. So, why purchase a "Reader's Edition"? Because the text of Liber Novus (as Jung formally titled his "Red Book") is really more important than the art. And the size of the facsimile edition makes it physically very difficult to hold in hand and read. See our full review for more information. If you are ready to read Liber Novus, this is the edition to use. But of course, you will want the big book with the images, too!

You will also enjoy viewing the video about the digital reproduction of the Red Book (available on YouTube). Visit our C. G. Jung and Gnostic Tradition: Gnosis, Gnosticism and Jungian Psychology section for more information.

All the texts discovered at Nag Hammadi are available in the Gnostic Society Library; they are indexed here in alphabetical order, and by their location in the original codices. A subject categorized list of the writings is also given, below. You may search the entire collection of texts for keywords or phrases using the search form.

We have a special collections of resources dealing with two particularly important texts, the Gospel of Thomas, and The Secret Book (Apocryphon) of John. Several introductory lectures on the Nag Hammadi materials are provided, below.

Many of the major writings in the Nag Hammadi collection have more than one English translation; where more than one translation is made available, we have listed the translators' names in parenthesis below the name of the text. Texts marked with the {*} have more than one version extant within the Nag Hammadi codices; often these were used conjointly by the translators to provide the single text presented here. All of these translations are based on the work originally sponsored by the Coptic Gnostic Library Project of the Institute for Antiquity and Christianity, Claremont, California.

The Nag Hammadi Scriptures, edited by Marvin MeyerThe International Edition of The Nag Hammadi Scriptures (published in 2007) provides greatly improved translations relative to the original versions provided here, and we highly recommended you acquire a copy.
          Other important primary Gnostic texts -- writings discovered in the century before the recovery of the Nag Hammadi Library, including texts like the Gospel of Mary -- are cataloged in the Classical Gnostic Scriptures section of the The Gnostic Society Library. We also have a comprehensive collection of resources focused on Valentinus and the Valentinian Tradition.

If you would like to look at the ancient manuscripts themselves, digital images of the original Nag Hammadi Codices are available online at the Claremont Colleges Digital Library.

An Overview of the Nag Hammadi Scriptures

When analyzed according to subject matter, there are six separate major categories of writings collected in the Nag Hammadi codices:

Writings of creative and redemptive mythology, including Gnostic alternative versions of creation and salvation: The Apocryphon of John; The Hypostasis of the Archons; On the Origin of the World; The Apocalypse of Adam; The Paraphrase of Shem. (For an in-depth discussion of these, see the Archive commentary on Genesis and Gnosis.)

Observations and commentaries on diverse Gnostic themes, such as the nature of reality, the nature of the soul, the relationship of the soul to the world: The Gospel of Truth; The Treatise on the Resurrection; The Tripartite Tractate; Eugnostos the Blessed; The Second Treatise of the Great Seth; The Teachings of Silvanus; The Testimony of Truth.

Liturgical and initiatory texts: The Discourse on the Eighth and Ninth; The Prayer of Thanksgiving; A Valentinian Exposition; The Three Steles of Seth; The Prayer of the Apostle Paul. (The Gospel of Philip, listed under the sixth category below, has great relevance here also, for it is in effect a treatise on Gnostic sacramental theology).

Writings dealing primarily with the feminine deific and spiritual principle, particularly with the Divine Sophia: The Thunder, Perfect Mind; The Thought of Norea; The Sophia of Jesus Christ; The Exegesis on the Soul.

Writings pertaining to the lives and experiences of some of the apostles: The Apocalypse of Peter; The Letter of Peter to Philip; The Acts of Peter and the Twelve Apostles; The (First) Apocalypse of James; The (Second) Apocalypse of James, The Apocalypse of Paul.

Scriptures which contain sayings of Jesus as well as descriptions of incidents in His life: The Dialogue of the Saviour; The Book of Thomas the Contender; The Apocryphon of James; The Gospel of Philip; The Gospel of Thomas.

This leaves a small number of scriptures of the Nag Hammadi Library which may be called "unclassifiable." It also must be kept in mind that the passage of time and translation into languages very different from the original have rendered many of these scriptures abstruse in style. Some of them are difficult reading, especially for those readers not familiar with Gnostic imagery, nomenclature and the like. Lacunae are also present in most of these scriptures -- in a few of the texts extensive sections have been lost due to age and deterioration of the manuscripts.

The most readily comprehensible of the Nag Hammadi scriptures is undoubtedly The Gospel of Thomas, with The Gospel of Philip and the The Gospel of Truth as close seconds in order of easy comprehension. (These texts were all also thankfully very well preserved and have few lacunae.) There are various translations of most of these scriptures available; the most complete being the one volume collection The Nag Hammadi Scriptures, edited by Marvin Meyer, and published in 2007. Translations provided here are based on the earlier edition, The Nag Hammadi Library in English, edited by James Robinson, published in 1990.

Lectures about the Nag Hammadi Scriptures

To help place the Nag Hammadi materials into a better focus, the Library has developed a series of introductory lectures and commentaries upon NHL materials, all in mp3 format. (You will find a much more extensive catalog of lectures by Dr. Stephan Hoeller introducing Gnosticism and the Nag Hammadi Library available at BC Recordings.)

Christ: The Misunderstood Redeemer -- An understanding of the Gnostic perception of Christ is crucial to any meaningful reading of texts in the Nag Hammadi collection. In this lecture Dr. Stephan Hoeller uses several of the works in the Nag Hammadi Library to introduce the Gnostic Christ. (MP3 format, 75 min.)

Gnosticism: New Light on the Ancient Tradition of Inner Knowing, a brief introductory lecture on the sources of Gnostic tradition (hosted at BC Recordings).

Thomas and Philip: Gospels of the Gnostic Christ, discussing Gnostic soteriology as revealed in these principal Nag Hammadi tests; a presentation introducing the ten part set of lectures on the most popular and valued writings from the Nag Hammadi Library (hosted at BC Recordings).

Redemption and Redeemer in the Gospel of Thomas -- The Gospel of Thomas is one of the most important Gnostic texts discovered at Nag Hammadi. In this lecture, Dr. Hoeller explores the "soteriology" -- the concept of a redeemer and the process of redemption -- as developed in the text of the Thomas Gospel. (MP3 format, 75 min.)

The Sorrow of Sophia: Feminine Divine Image of Suffering -- Gnosticism developed a unique understanding of the feminine aspects within divinity. In this lecture Dr. Hoeller explores the Gnostic image of the suffering and the alienation of the divine feminine, using as his text a reading from The Exegesis on the Soul (NHL II,6). (MP3 format, 80 min.)

In Memoriam — Dr. Marvin Meyer

On August 16, 2012 there passed from this earthly life a great light of the Gnosis, and one of the most delightful and insightful men of our epoch.

Marvin Meyer held the chair of Griset Professor of Bible and Christian Studies and was co-chairman of Religious Studies at Chapman University in Orange, California. He also served as director of the Albert Schweitzer Institute at the same university. He was arguably the most prolific author and prestigious scholar of Gnostic literature in the world today. Among the very large number of translations and commentaries dealing with Gnostic texts, some of the best known are the international edition of The Nag Hammadi Scriptures (which he edited and to which he made major contributions), the normative edition the The Gospel of Thomas, his several works dealing with "The Gospel of Judas", and the splendid anthology, The Gnostic Bible, co-authored with Willis Barnstone.

Marvin Meyer was a man after our heart. We were personally acquainted with him for several decades, back to the time when he acted as assistant to Professor James Robinson at the Institute for Antiquity and Christianity in Claremont, California. More importantly, he was truly sympathetic to our Gnostic tradition, while rejecting the academic fads of some of his colleagues which came to sow confusion in recent years. In this regard he refuted the contention that the word "Gnostic" had no legitimacy in the present discourse. (See his Introduction to The Gnostic Bible.) I recall him laughingly asking me if we were going to re-name our church "The Alternative Christian Ecclesia".

I and two of my associates last saw him on April 2nd of this year when over a 3 hour lunch we discussed many issues as fellow Gnostics. The news of his death shocked and saddened all of us who knew him or knew of him.

May God's Holy Angels receive him and guide him to the light of the Pleroma!

+Stephan A. Hoeller
          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

go away mafia scum!
            Captain of Blind

Comment

Originally posted by parson View Post
              go away mafia scum!
              Gnosticism is the only truth

Theres four categories of beliefs Athiest/Agnostic -- Relgious -- NewAge -- Gnostic

Of these four Gnostic is the correct one, its also the least known one, the other three have billions of people.

Gnostic Truth is that this reality is a fake evil matrix, an error that is to be corrected, but the correction process is very long from our standpoint, billions of years

remember when capt Picard had a probe beam his mind and he experienced a lifetime in 20 minutes? Had the Enterprise crew been able to disconnect him in just 10 short minutes, he still would have experienced many years from his perspective

Likewise True Divinity wastes no time destroying this peice of shit you know as the physical universe, but from our perspective its been billions of years

as of 7 billion years ago, dark matter and dark energy is destroying this universe and causing it to speed up its expansion rather than slow down from gravitation. The universe is now 95% darkmatter and dark energy.

- Tone

Comment

Sorry tone but I'll never take you seriously when you spew things that make you sound like a theoretical physicist who has lost his shit. I think you should look towards the brighter things in life, and this link is in order for you to kick back, relax, and enjoy the life reality check http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PXtxVndvLSM
                Captain of Blind

Comment

Sorry tone but I'll never take you seriously when you spew things that make you sound like a theoretical physicist who has lost his shit. I think you should look towards the brighter things in life, and this link is in order for you to kick back, relax, and enjoy the life reality check http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PXtxVndvLSM
                  Im the one who lost my mind? Now the the dark & evil sociopathic population who also is dumbed down & robotic? Me? Not the population of which all you have to do is go outside or go to places online to see their completely insane demonic make-up? Me? Not the fact that the population is a combination of dark + robotic with no important knowledge on anything? Me? Not the population who dumps 5 to 10 opposite gender relationships they fake Love with & use, and dumps 10 to 20 friends they fake friendship with, on average, and tells about 700 lies a year and commits about 1000 harms a year?

Soooooo Parson, Whats your favorite demonic tattoo or skull t shirt parson? how many women have you cheated on this year? How many middle finger or horned devil selfies did you take this year? Who was the last person you lied to? how many flake-actions have you committed this month? Hows your sociopathic mood today, moderately high or very high sociopathy?

Comment

Regardless, of what sins a person May make, does not in any way, automatically make your beliefs , and views better,or superior then anyone elses.
                    Captain of Blind

Comment

Regardless, of what sins a parson May make, does not in any way, automatically make your beliefs , and views better,or superior then anyone elses.
                      fixed
                      3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
                      3:45th President> do it
                      kyler> who is 45th President
                      nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

1 The words of Nehemiah the son of Hachaliah. And it came to pass in the month Chisleu, in the twentieth year, as I was in Shushan the palace,
                        2 That Hanani, one of my brethren, came, he and certain men of Judah; and I asked them concerning the Jews that had escaped, which were left of the captivity, and concerning Jerusalem.
                        3 And they said unto me, The remnant that are left of the captivity there in the province are in great affliction and reproach: the wall of Jerusalem also is broken down, and the gates thereof are burned with fire.
                        4 And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned certain days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven,
                        5 And said, I beseech thee, O LORD God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments:
                        6 Let thine ear now be attentive, and thine eyes open, that thou mayest hear the prayer of thy servant, which I pray before thee now, day and night, for the children of Israel thy servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel, which we have sinned against thee: both I and my father's house have sinned.
                        7 We have dealt very corruptly against thee, and have not kept the commandments, nor the statutes, nor the judgments, which thou commandedst thy servant Moses.
                        8 Remember, I beseech thee, the word that thou commandedst thy servant Moses, saying, If ye transgress, I will scatter you abroad among the nations:
                        9 But if ye turn unto me, and keep my commandments, and do them; though there were of you cast out unto the uttermost part of the heaven, yet will I gather them from thence, and will bring them unto the place that I have chosen to set my name there.
                        10 Now these are thy servants and thy people, whom thou hast redeemed by thy great power, and by thy strong hand.
                        11 O Lord, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant, and to the prayer of thy servants, who desire to fear thy name: and prosper, I pray thee, thy servant this day, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man. For I was the king's cupbearer.

Nehemiah Views the Ruins of Jerusalem's Walls
                        Nehemiah 2

1 And it came to pass in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king, that wine wasbefore him: and I took up the wine, and gave it unto the king. Now I had not been beforetime sad in his presence.
                        2 Wherefore the king said unto me, Why is thy countenance sad, seeing thou art not sick? this isnothing else but sorrow of heart. Then I was very sore afraid,
                        3 And said unto the king, Let the king live for ever: why should not my countenance be sad, when the city, the place of my fathers' sepulchres, lieth waste, and the gates thereof are consumed with fire?
                        4 Then the king said unto me, For what dost thou make request? So I prayed to the God of heaven.
                        5 And I said unto the king, If it please the king, and if thy servant have found favour in thy sight, that thou wouldest send me unto Judah, unto the city of my fathers' sepulchres, that I may build it.
                        6 And the king said unto me, (the queen also sitting by him,) For how long shall thy journey be? and when wilt thou return? So it pleased the king to send me; and I set him a time.
                        7 Moreover I said unto the king, If it please the king, let letters be given me to the governors beyond the river, that they may convey me over till I come into Judah;
                        8 And a letter unto Asaph the keeper of the king's forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the palace which appertained to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me.
                        9 Then I came to the governors beyond the river, and gave them the king's letters. Now the king had sent captains of the army and horsemen with me.
                        10 When Sanballat the Horonite, and Tobiah the servant, the Ammonite, heard of it, it grieved them exceedingly that there was come a man to seek the welfare of the children of Israel.
                        11 So I came to Jerusalem, and was there three days.
                        12 And I arose in the night, I and some few men with me; neither told I any man what my God had put in my heart to do at Jerusalem: neither was there any beast with me, save the beast that I rode upon.
                        13 And I went out by night by the gate of the valley, even before the dragon well, and to the dung port, and viewed the walls of Jerusalem, which were broken down, and the gates thereof were consumed with fire.
                        14 Then I went on to the gate of the fountain, and to the king's pool: but there was no place for the beast that was under me to pass.
                        15 Then went I up in the night by the brook, and viewed the wall, and turned back, and entered by the gate of the valley, and so returned.
                        16 And the rulers knew not whither I went, or what I did; neither had I as yet told it to the Jews, nor to the priests, nor to the nobles, nor to the rulers, nor to the rest that did the work.
                        17 Then said I unto them, Ye see the distress that we are in, how Jerusalem lieth waste, and the gates thereof are burned with fire: come, and let us build up the wall of Jerusalem, that we be no more a reproach.
                        18 Then I told them of the hand of my God which was good upon me; as also the king's words that he had spoken unto me. And they said, Let us rise up and build. So they strengthened their hands for this good work.
                        19 But when Sanballat the Horonite, and Tobiah the servant, the Ammonite, and Geshem the Arabian, heard it, they laughed us to scorn, and despised us, and said, What is this thing that ye do? will ye rebel against the king?
                        20 Then answered I them, and said unto them, The God of heaven, he will prosper us; therefore we his servants will arise and build: but ye have no portion, nor right, nor memorial, in Jerusalem.
                        1 Then Eliashib the high priest rose up with his brethren the priests, and they builded the sheep gate; they sanctified it, and set up the doors of it; even unto the tower of Meah they sanctified it, unto the tower of Hananeel.
                        2 And next unto him builded the men of Jericho. And next to them builded Zaccur the son of Imri.
                        3 But the fish gate did the sons of Hassenaah build, who also laid the beams thereof, and set up the doors thereof, the locks thereof, and the bars thereof.
                        4 And next unto them repaired Meremoth the son of Urijah, the son of Koz. And next unto them repaired Meshullam the son of Berechiah, the son of Meshezabeel. And next unto them repaired Zadok the son of Baana.
                        5 And next unto them the Tekoites repaired; but their nobles put not their necks to the work of their Lord.
                        6 Moreover the old gate repaired Jehoiada the son of Paseah, and Meshullam the son of Besodeiah; they laid the beams thereof, and set up the doors thereof, and the locks thereof, and the bars thereof.
                        7 And next unto them repaired Melatiah the Gibeonite, and Jadon the Meronothite, the men of Gibeon, and of Mizpah, unto the throne of the governor on this side the river.
                        8 Next unto him repaired Uzziel the son of Harhaiah, of the goldsmiths. Next unto him also repaired Hananiah the son of one of the apothecaries, and they fortified Jerusalem unto the broad wall.
                        9 And next unto them repaired Rephaiah the son of Hur, the ruler of the half part of Jerusalem.
                        10 And next unto them repaired Jedaiah the son of Harumaph, even over against his house. And next unto him repaired Hattush the son of Hashabniah.
                        11 Malchijah the son of Harim, and Hashub the son of Pahathmoab, repaired the other piece, and the tower of the furnaces.
                        12 And next unto him repaired Shallum the son of Halohesh, the ruler of the half part of Jerusalem, he and his daughters.
                        13 The valley gate repaired Hanun, and the inhabitants of Zanoah; they built it, and set up the doors thereof, the locks thereof, and the bars thereof, and a thousand cubits on the wall unto the dung gate.
                        14 But the dung gate repaired Malchiah the son of Rechab, the ruler of part of Bethhaccerem; he built it, and set up the doors thereof, the locks thereof, and the bars thereof.
                        15 But the gate of the fountain repaired Shallun the son of Colhozeh, the ruler of part of Mizpah; he built it, and covered it, and set up the doors thereof, the locks thereof, and the bars thereof, and the wall of the pool of Siloah by the king's garden, and unto the stairs that go down from the city of David.
                        16 After him repaired Nehemiah the son of Azbuk, the ruler of the half part of Bethzur, unto the place over against the sepulchres of David, and to the pool that was made, and unto the house of the mighty.
                        17 After him repaired the Levites, Rehum the son of Bani. Next unto him repaired Hashabiah, the ruler of the half part of Keilah, in his part.
                        18 After him repaired their brethren, Bavai the son of Henadad, the ruler of the half part of Keilah.
                        19 And next to him repaired Ezer the son of Jeshua, the ruler of Mizpah, another piece over against the going up to the armoury at the turning of the wall.
                        20 After him Baruch the son of Zabbai earnestly repaired the other piece, from the turning of the wall unto the door of the house of Eliashib the high priest.
                        21 After him repaired Meremoth the son of Urijah the son of Koz another piece, from the door of the house of Eliashib even to the end of the house of Eliashib.
                        22 And after him repaired the priests, the men of the plain.
                        23 After him repaired Benjamin and Hashub over against their house. After him repaired Azariah the son of Maaseiah the son of Ananiah by his house.
                        24 After him repaired Binnui the son of Henadad another piece, from the house of Azariah unto the turning of the wall, even unto the corner.
                        25 Palal the son of Uzai, over against the turning of the wall, and the tower which lieth out from the king's high house, that was by the court of the prison. After him Pedaiah the son of Parosh.
                        26 Moreover the Nethinims dwelt in Ophel, unto the place over against the water gate toward the east, and the tower that lieth out.
                        27 After them the Tekoites repaired another piece, over against the great tower that lieth out, even unto the wall of Ophel.
                        28 From above the horse gate repaired the priests, every one over against his house.
                        29 After them repaired Zadok the son of Immer over against his house. After him repaired also Shemaiah the son of Shechaniah, the keeper of the east gate.
                        30 After him repaired Hananiah the son of Shelemiah, and Hanun the sixth son of Zalaph, another piece. After him repaired Meshullam the son of Berechiah over against his chamber.
                        31 After him repaired Malchiah the goldsmith's son unto the place of the Nethinims, and of the merchants, over against the gate Miphkad, and to the going up of the corner.
                        32 And between the going up of the corner unto the sheep gate repaired the goldsmiths and the merchants.
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

What is Gnosticism?

Many visitors have requested some basic introductory material explaining Gnosticism. To meet this need we offer these "places to start": two short articles, The Gnostic World View: A Brief Summary of Gnosticism and What is a Gnostic?; and two audio lectures (mp3 format) on Gnosticism and its Legacy, and the Gnostic concept of Christ: The Misunderstood Redeemer. A reading of the Overview of the Library collection will give a useful brief introduction to the history and textual legacy of the Gnostic tradition.
                          For more in-depth reading suggestions visit the Gnostic Society Bookstore -- you will find offered there a selection of the best introductory and advanced books on Gnosticism, along with brief reviews of recommended books. And of course just "surfing" The Gnosis Archive will lead to a wealth of information. Blessings on your journey!

Meditations

Take a moment to reflect on a brief meditation and reading from the Gnostic scriptures, selected from this week's Gnostic liturgy. Consider the Sophianic aspect of divinity expressed in the meditation and readings from this month's Sophia liturgy.
                          (Sunday homilies delivered by the Most Rev. Stephan A. Hoeller at the Diocesan center are now available in high-quality internet video and mp3 audio. Visit the Sunday Homilies from the Diocesan Center to view this collection.)

The Gnostic Society Library

Visit the Gnostic Society Library, a comprehensive library of Gnostic scriptures -- including the Nag Hammadi library of Gnostic texts and other ancient writings and documents relating to Gnostic tradition. Since 1995 the Gnostic Society Library has been the principal internet resource on Gnosticism and Gnostic traditions.
                          Simply reading our Overview of the Library Collection will give you a good introduction to the nature and history of Gnostic tradition, and the depth of this library collection. Also check the Gnostic Society Bookstore featuring the best current works on Gnosis and Gnosticism.

Video presentation:

The Lost Gospels -- a ninety minute long BBC documentary (first released in 2008). This is an entertaining and educational even if somewhat superficial introduction to the Gnostic Gospels; it is both well researched and nicely produced, with extensive location filming in Egypt. The story centers on the personal quest of Anglican priest Pete Owen Jones to understand the many ancient Christian texts that didn't make it into the New Testament. The focus is principally on the Gnostic texts found at Nag Hammadi.
                          Recently updated in the Library's Classical Gnostic Scripture Collections:
                          The Corpus Hermeticum and Hermetic Tradition, the Cathar Writings, the Patristic Polemical Works, the Christian Apocrypha, and the Mandaean Scriptures sections have all been updated and greatly expanded during Easter week of 2011. The Gospel of Mary of Magdala section, one of the most popular pages on our site, has been augmented and updated.
                          Among the several dozen ancient Gnostic manuscripts rediscovered in modern times, the Secret Book of John (also known as the Apocryphon of John) is widely considered to be the most important. It is the preeminent “Gnostic Gospel”, a sacred reservoir for the defining essence of Gnostic myth and revelation. Recognizing the importance of this text, we have now added a large section to the Library dedicated to the Secret Book of John. If you are interested in reading a "Gnostic Gospel", this is a good place to start.
                          New in the collection - Gnosis and C. G. Jung:
                          "C.G. Jung and the Red Book," a collection of eighteen lectures by Dr. Lance Owens is available free online. Now also available online are Dr. Owen's recent seminar series on "Sophia, Gnosis and Psychology", and the lectures he delivered at the C.G. Jung Institute Zurich on "C.G. Jung and the Tradition of Gnosis." A catalog of other online presentations by Dr. Owens is available here.
                          Dr. Stephan Hoeller's exceptional thirteen lecture series on the Red Book of C.G. Jung is available for purchase at BC Recordings.
                          The Gnosis of C. G. Jung -- This is an extended excerpt from Stephan Hoeller's classic study of Jung and Gnosticism, The Gnostic Jung and the Seven Sermons to the Dead.

Recent Recommendations from the Bookstore

The Gnostic Gospels of Jesus, edited by Marvin Meyer.
                          This is our top recommendation for readers beginning their exploration of the Gnostic scriptures. Over the last three decades Prof. Meyer has distinguished himself as a singularly talented translator and commentator on Gnostic traditions. In this new collection -- the best of several that he has now published -- Meyer presents twelve key Gnostic "gospels" in succinct, accurate and highly readable new translations. The book's subtitle claims it to be: "The definitive collection of mystical gospels and secret books about Jesus of Nazareth." Though perhaps not "definitive", we agree this is the best introductory collection available.

Meyer states his goal in these translations is to be "as accurate as possible" while still presenting the texts in "felicitous English." At this he succeeds beautifully. Readers who have labored with the sometimes tortured translations and editorial conventions presented in the original editions of the Nag Hammadi Library published thirty years ago will be amazed at the graceful intelligibility of Meyer's translations. Meyer adds to the collection an overview of our evolving understanding of Christian Gnosticism, and prefaces each of the selected text with an excellent introductory essay. Get the book

The Gospel of Mary Magdalene is one the most surprising and delightful of the rediscovered Gnostic texts.

This excellent new print edition of the Gospel of Mary of Magdala by the widely respected scholar Karen King is the best authoritative edition available. It incorporates translations of the ancient Coptic Gospel of Mary discovered in 1896, along with the two small third-century Greek fragments of the text found at Oxyrhynchus. Included is a superb introduction along with extensive commentary on the text and its implications for modern understandings of early Christianity. Highly Recommended. Visit the Gnostic Society Bookstore for more information. Also visit our Gospel of Mary Magdalene page, where we have more information on the Gospel of Mary and a preview excerpt from Dr. King's introduction to her book.

The Nag Hammadi Scriptures edited by Marvin Meyer, introduction by Elaine Pagels.
                          The epochal new edition of the entire Nag Hammadi library has finally arrived! Dr. Marvin Meyer has done a masterful job in producing a volume that will serve for many decades as the standard source. Scholarly understanding of the Gnostic texts found at Nag Hammadi has vastly matured since their original publication as the Nag Hammadi Library in 1977. This new edition fully reflects that refinement in "the scholarly ear" for both the forgotten ancient tongue and the spiritual tradition preserved in the Gnostic Coptic texts. In every possible way, publication of The Nag Hammadi Scriptures represents a milestone in modern understanding of Gnostic tradition. Elaine Pagels, the author and professor who introduced a generation of readers to the Gnostic Gospels, appropriately pens the introduction to this landmark edition. Every student of Gnosticism will want to own this book, but before jumping into the big volume, we still highly recommend a study of some of the briefer introductory readings listed in the Bookstore. Get the book

Revelations: Visions, Prophecy, And Politics In The Book Of Revelation by Elaine H. Pagels.

Dr. Pagels gives us another fine study of early Christianity, focusing on the most controversial New Testament text, the Book of Revelation. In her critique of the Book of Revelation, she opens a discussion of the other revelatory texts, the Gnostic texts, that were excluded from the Christian canon. Dr. Pagels looks at the sociology and politics and dogmatics of the age, but it is her discussion of the message of the many alternative Christian texts - the Gnostic texts - that we find most valuable. Listen to the interview with Dr. Pagels on NPR for a fine discussion of what Dr. Pagels was trying to explore in her new work. Get the book

The Gnostics: Myth, Ritual, and Diversity in Early Christianity by David Brakke
                          This short book is a fine representative of the increasingly nuanced understanding of Gnostic tradition that has been developing over the last decade. In a concise and engaging fashion, Dr. Brakke explores key questions central tothe study of Gnostic tradition: Who were the Gnostics? How did the Gnostic movement influence the development of Christianity in antiquity? Is it true that the Church rejected Gnosticism? In answer to these questions, Brakke offers an illuminating discussion of recent scholarly debates over the concept of “Gnosticism” and the nature of early Christian diversity. He shows how Gnostic myth and ritual addressed basic human concerns about alienation and meaning, offered a message of salvation in Jesus, and provided a way for people to regain knowledge of God, the ultimate source of their being.

Rather than depicting the Gnostics as heretics or as the losers in the fight to define Christianity, Brakke argues that the Gnostics participated in an ongoing reinvention of Christianity, in which other Christians not only rejected their ideas but also adapted and transformed them. (For more information on the book, read the fine review published by the Society of Biblical Literature.) Buy the book

Voices of Gnosticism by Miguel Conner.

This is a wonderful and very readable collection of interviews with thirteen leading scholars in Gnostic studies - including Elaine Pagels, Marvin Meyer, Karen King, April DeConick and other internationally recognized authorities on Gnostic tradition. For several years, Miguel Conner has engaged the most prominent writers and scholars on Gnosticism and early Christianity on his AeonByte Gnostic Radio show, a weekly internet audio podcast. The interviews published here represent some of the best of his many broad-ranging conversations.
                          If you have ever thought it might be interesting to sit down for an informal conversation with "the people who write these books on Gnosticism" -- the books you will find widely referenced and recommended here in The Gnosis Archive -- then you will very much enjoy this book. While the interviews are animated by the personal commitment each of these scholars feels for Gnostic tradition, they also reveal the wide range of perspectives that now focus on Gnostic studies. These interviews provide one of the best ways to get to know ancient Gnosticism, as seen through the eyes of its best informed modern students. This is fun, easy, and informative reading. Get the book at Amazon.com

Important New Release

The Search for Roots: C. G. Jung and the Tradition of Gnosis

by Alfred Ribi, Foreword by Lance Owens

Excellent book... Ribi has the feel of Gnosis and knows his sources, both ancient and modern... There is no doubt that it was Jung, and not Hans Jonas, who rediscovered Gnosticism and its importance for modernity.”
                          - Gilles Quispel, Professor of Early Christian History,
                          Utrecht University

The publication in 2009 of C. G. Jung's The Red Book: Liber Novus has initiated a broad reassessment of Jung’s place in cultural history. Among many revelations, the visionary events recorded in the Red Book reveal the foundation of Jung’s complex association with the Western tradition of Gnosis.
                          In The Search for Roots, Alfred Ribi closely examines Jung’s life-long association with Gnostic tradition. Dr. Ribi knows C. G. Jung and his tradition from the ground up. He began his analytical training with Marie-Louise von Franz in 1963, and continued working closely with Dr. von Franz for the next 30 years. For over four decades he has been an analyst, lecturer and examiner of the C. G. Jung Institute in Zurich, where he also served as the Director of Studies.
                          But even more importantly, early in his studies Dr. Ribi noted Jung’s underlying roots in Gnostic tradition, and he carefully followed those roots to their source. Alfred Ribi is unique in the Jungian analytical community for the careful scholarship and intellectual rigor he has brought to the study Gnosticism. In The Search for Roots, Ribi shows how a dialogue between Jungian and Gnostic studies can open new perspectives on the experiential nature of Gnosis, both ancient and modern. Creative engagement with Gnostic tradition broadens the imaginative scope of modern depth psychology and adds an essential context for understanding the voice of the soul emerging in our modern age.
                          A Foreword by Lance Owens supplements this volume with a discussion of Jung's encounter with Gnostic tradition while composing his Red Book (Liber Novus). Dr. Owens delivers a fascinating and historically well-documented account of how Gnostic mythology entered into Jung's personal mythology in the Red Book. Gnostic mythology thereafter became for Jung a prototypical image of his individuation. Dr. Owens offers this conclusion:
                          “In 1916 Jung had seemingly found the root of his myth and it was the myth of Gnosis. I see no evidence that this ever changed. Over the next forty years, he would proceed to construct an interpretive reading of the Gnostic tradition’s occult course across the Christian aeon: in Hermeticism, alchemy, Kabbalah, and Christian mysticism. In this vast hermeneutic enterprise, Jung was building a bridge across time, leading back to the foundation stone of classical Gnosticism. The bridge that led forward toward a new and coming aeon was footed on the stone rejected by the builders two thousand years ago.”
                          Alfred Ribi's examination of Jung’s relationship with Gnostic tradition comes at an important time. Initially authored prior to the publication of Jung's Red Book, current release of this English edition offers a bridge between the past and the forthcoming understanding of Jung’s Gnostic roots.
                          For a preview of the book, download the complete Foreword by Lance Owens in pdf format. Visit our publishing site, Gnosis Archive Books for more information. Buy the book at Amazon.com.
                          On occasion of the publication of this book, Dr. Lance Owens presented an introductory lecture at the Gnostic Society in Los Angeles. This lecture is now available for listening online. (Click here to listen or to download the lecture.)
                          Publication of C. G Jung's Red Book: Liber Novus - Vision, Psychology and Gnosis

This is the book many of us have awaited for decades, and its importance cannot be overstated.

During WWI, Jung entered an extended visionary experience that he called his “confrontation with the unconscious.” Based on these visions, he subsequently developed his principal theories of the collective unconscious, the archetypes, psychological types and the process of individuation. Jung focused on transforming psychotherapy from a practice concerned with the treatment of pathology into a means for reconnection with the soul and the recovery of meaning in life. At the heart of this endeavor was his legendary Red Book, a large, leather bound, illuminated volume that he created between 1914 and 1930, which contained the substance of his visions and became the nucleus of his later works. While Jung considered the Red Book, or Liber Novus (" The New Book") to be the central work in his oeuvre, it has remained unpublished till this day, and unavailable for study and unseen by the public at large.
                          The Red Book is best described as a visionary and prophetic work, and not simply as an imaginative literary or scientific document. It is possibly the most influential unpublished work in the history of psychology. Its publication is a watershed that inaugurates a new era in the understanding of Jung’s life and work; it fully reveals the experiential, Gnostic roots of Jung's psychology. As Jung stated:
                          "The years … when I pursued the inner images were the most important time of my life. Everything else is to be derived from this. It began at that time, and the later details hardly matter anymore. My entire life consisted in elaborating what had burst forth from the unconscious and flooded me like an enigmatic stream and threatened to break me. That was the stuff and material for more than only one life.... Everything later was merely the outer classification,the scientific elaboration, and the integration into life. But the numinous beginning, which contained everything, was then.”
                          Over a hundred-thousand copies have now been sold. It is available at Amazon.com at a discount price. Buy the Book.
                          A complete digital version of the Red Book: Liber Novus, including all images and text, is currently available online at the Internet Archive.

The Red Book: Reader's Edition - No Illustrations

In December 2012 the "Reader's Edition" of The Red Book was released - and this edition does NOT contain any of the facsimile images of the original book. There is none of the artwork here, just Jung's translated text, along with Dr. Shamdasani's introduction and notes. So, why purchase a "Reader's Edition"? Because the text of Liber Novus (as Jung formally titled his "Red Book") is really more important than the art. And the size of the facsimile edition makes it physically very difficult to hold in hand and read. See our full review for more information. If you are ready to read Liber Novus, this is the edition to use. But of course, you will want the big book with the images, too!
                          You will also enjoy viewing the video about the digital reproduction of the Red Book (available on YouTube). Visit our C. G. Jung and Gnostic Tradition: Gnosis, Gnosticism and Jungian Psychology section for more information.
                          C. G. Jung: The Red Book, Gnosis and the Gnostic Traditions

With publication of the Red Book, irrefutable evidence is presented of Jung's deep relationship to the visionary and experiential tradition of Gnosis. Throughout his life, Jung publicly and privately affirmed his affinity to Gnostic tradition. We consider it quite possible that future generations will understand Jung as a seminal, prophetic figure heralding a new Sophianic age and a resurgent understanding the timeless traditions of the Gnosis.
                          Gnosis is not a "dead ancient philosophy", but instead a lived and living fact of human experience with ancient roots and a transformative potential for the future development of human consciousness. Jung provides signal evidence of this fact.
                          We have added a section to the Gnosis Archive dedicated to C. G. Jung and Gnostic Tradition: Gnosis, Gnosticism and Jungian Psychology. You will find here a wide range of material to help center your understanding of C. G. Jung and Gnosis.
                          We offer two audio collections of lectures on the Red Book by Dr. Lance Owens; visit the C.G. Jung and the Red Book collection for information on these audio recordings. Dr. Owens' lectures delivered at the C. G. Jung Institute Zurich on "C.G. Jung and the Tradition of Gnosis" are also now online.
                          We also offer a four hour video seminar presented by Dr. Stephan Hoeller to the Theosophical Society in America: The Red Book of C. G. Jung - Its Meaning for Our Age. This presentation provides an extensive introduction to Jung and the importance of the Red Book.
                          The Gnostic Viewpoint: Essays on Contemporary Gnosticism

The Gnostic Viewpoint section offers a series of short articles examining Gnosis from a modern perspective selected from past volumes of Gnosis: A Journal of Western Inner Experience. These essays offer an excellent introduction to the wide scope of modern Gnostic interests. A sample of some of the titles: Valentinus: A Gnostic for All Seasons -- What is a Gnostic? -- The Gnosis of the Eucharist -- Hermes and Hermeticism Throughout the Ages -- and many others.
                          Genesis and Gnosis

The popular PBS television special "Genesis: A Living Conversation", hosted by Bill Moyers, directed wide attention to the many interpretations of the Book of Genesis. One of the vital readings of Genesis -- the Gnostic reading -- was, however, completely ignored. Explore this balancing perspective in The Genesis Factor, an essay by Dr. Stephan Hoeller.
                          Lectures from the Gnostic Society

As of June of 2012, weekly lecture delivered by Dr. Hoeller are available here free in mp3 format. The current series of June is addressing "Four Great Essays of C.G. Jung." From Jung's shorter writings, Dr. Hoeller has selected four very significant titles which merit consideration at this time. The material will be evaluated in the light of insights from Jung's Red Book and related sources. Visit our Web Lecture page for more information.
                          For over twenty-five years Bryan Campbell (a professional Hollywood recording engineer) has been archiving recordings of Dr. Hoeller's weekly lectures. A huge selection from this collection is now available by for immediate online download and for shipping in CD albums.

Free Lectures (available at BC Recordings):
                          Gnosticism: New Light on the Ancient Tradition of Inner Knowing
                          Dr. Hoeller introduces the subject of his latest book of the same title. An excellent brief introduction to the Gnostic Tradition. (This lecture introduces not only our 10-lecture album "The Wisdom of the Gnostics", but all of our recordings on Gnosticism by Stephan A. Hoeller) Running Time 47:25.

The Greatest Treasures of Nag Hammadi
                          "Thomas and Philip: Gospels of the Gnostic Christ" is a free, full-length presentation introducing the ten part set of lectures on the most popular and valued writings from the Nag Hammadi Library, the Gnostic writings found in Egypt in 1945.
                          Running Time 79:52.

An Introduction to The Gospel of Judas
                          Dr. Hoeller regards "The Gospel of Judas" as an important and very Gnostic document, and gives his preliminary evaluation in this brief talk. A series in four parts on the "Gospel of Judas" was delivered Summer 2006, and is available in disk and in download formats. Running Time 39:11

Altered States Ancient and Modern
                          Aids to consciousness have so much history it takes 13 titles in this set to cover this controversial subject. This brief lecture lays a foundation for a Gnostic understanding of this topic. Running Time 53:01.

Tolkien and "The Lord of the Rings"
                          Gnosis and Creativity merged in this great work by J.R.R. Tolkien. A 7 part set on it is introduced by this brief presentation.
                          Running Time 74:04.
                          The Battle about God: Where do Gnostics stand?
                          Christopher Hitchens' "God is Not Great" and Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion", Mother Theresa's Doubts and the timeless Gnostic answers to the issues they raise in this full-length presentation. Running time 80:08.
                          We also offer four lecture series presented Dr. Lance Owens:
                          J.R.R. Tolkien: An Imaginative Life. This series of the three lectures examines the broad span of Tolkien's life and work, with special focus on Tolkien’s experience of his imaginative gift. The lectures are available on line in illustrated format, or for download as mp3 audio files.
                          C.G. Jung and the Red Book. Two series of lectures (sixteen lectures in total) by Dr. Lance Owens that discuss the creative genesis and content of the Red Book, and explain its central place in the life and work of C. G. Jung. C.G. Jung and the Tradition of Gnosis, a series of lecture delivered in Zurich by Dr. Owens, is also now available.

Search the Gnosis Archive

You can search the entire Gnosis Archive for keywords, scriptural phrases, and subjects using our advanced search functions. The Archive contains well over a thousand documents specific to Gnostic studies, including translations all the classical Gnostic scriptures and patristic documents relevant to early Gnostic movements. The search function on the Archive is a major resource for students and researchers.
                          Gnostic Studies on the Web

This section contains a wide selection of current Sites and Documents dealing with Gnosticism, ancient and modern, available on the Web.
                          Ecclesia Gnostica

A selection of thoughts and writings from the Ecclesia Gnostica, as well as a schedule of services for the parishes in Los Angeles, Portland, and Seattle.
                          The Gnostic Society

The Gnosis Archive is maintained in association with The Gnostic Society. Dr. Stephan Hoeller lectures every Friday in Los Angeles. For more information, visit the Gnostic Society page, which has the current "Friday Lecture Series" schedule.
                          Note that we are now providing free many of the weekly lectures given by Dr. Stephan Hoeller at the Gnostic Society in Los Angeles in mp3 audio. All of the other weekly lecture are available for purchase. Visit our Web Lecture page for more information.
                          The Studio

Over the years, we have used "the Studio" to share visionary art that in some fashion strikes us as representative of Gnostic creativity. The present show in the Studio is a remarkable and evocative graphic novel by Scott D. Finch: A Little World Made Cunningly. The Studio is now open. Come in, and take a look around...

And then read the reviews of Scott's book at amazon.com.

TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                          TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                          TelCat> i dont

Comment

You need to listen to this interview with J. Chiappalone right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=197wG3GLe7E#t=7m25s

Comment

The truth so far is that when Amenhotep IV entered into Egyptian kingship, he entered in with certain religious and social rituals and rites, as was the tradition for the kings before, but during his reign he decided to drastically change Egyptian traditions, especially religious traditions. Because those attempted changes occurred during his reign, when he left office, he was given a different set of rituals and rites and didn't participate in the rituals that were conducted for his entrance into office, therefore creating a gap in tradition that had later consequences. When Amenhotep IV died, the changes he made were reversed by Tutankhamen and the capital moved back to Thebes. However, his death resulted in a spiritual rift for Egyptian religion and general spirituality of the time and he, because he wasn't given proper rituals as per his entrance into office, was, as per Egyptian tradition, actually rejected by their system as a result of what he had done. However, he still had Egyptian kingship tied to him and certain religious connections stayed with him, but because he was rejected, he was lost and his spirit ended up being the reason for the initial inspiration for there to be, suspected as being sourced from Canaan, a change in Canaanite religion, leading them to start a monotheistic cult, looking to change all societies and peoples to their ways and their religion, but it started as a criminal cult, but became what we know as Judaism and its connected religions. Amenhotep IV was a tyrant who the Egyptians were glad to see go, but he had loyal followers and those things came together to end up being the source for the cult that became Judaism and what came afterwards. That is the reason for their story about their God looking to other peoples and being rejected and ended up with them comes from, and that's why there is much Egyptian influence in Jewish texts and especially why they have a particular vendetta against the Egyptians, because the spirit involved with them was originally an Egyptian king. Somehow, and I'm not sure if done by followers or in the afterlife, or in spirit, but, that's the main reason why Jews are so particular about not associating their God with a man, because Amenhotep denounced Egypt and denounced his status as ever having been their king. A spiritual statement, but also a lie.

Christianity and Islam are both specifically manufactured religions created by Jews, namely those connected to the Septuagint, as an attempt to create symbolic analogies, and thus connections, to as much Ancient knowledge as they could, to exploit that knowledge in the form of religious conquest. Christianity will always be inferior in rank to the Jews of the Septuagint because the word Christ originated with them. They manufactured it for the purpose of exploiting various societies with whom they took issue in an as efficient way as they could conceive, all from a tradition that stems back to Amenhotep IV.

Amenhotep IV's Atenism (his version anyway), Zoroastrianism/Zurvanism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all connected to the same spirit and are a completely separate system from the rest of spirituality. Their God does not exist any further than by their own definition because their God was once an Egyptian king. And they know it. So T0NE you are overcomplicating things.

Comment

Working...
                              X