Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subspace - Continuum has been Greenlit on Steam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subspace - Continuum has been Greenlit on Steam!

Hello fellow Trench Wars players,

This might sound as amazing as unexpected, but Subspace - Continuum has just been Greenlit on Steam!
    Check out the details here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=144913037

Click image for larger version

Name:	greenlight.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	1283135

So let me give you a quick update on how things went down:

About 1,5 years ago we decided to take a shot at getting our game on Steam, which could have far reaching consequences in terms of players, exposure, survival / revival of the game and the zones and much more positive foresights. It was high aimed, surely, so we never expected to actually be where we are now: Getting the green light from Steam and moving to the preparation stages of publishing our game on Steam.

Please know and realize that this doesn't mean we are on Steam already. We've been given the go to move on, to make all necessary preparations to publish our game on Steam, but there are still a lot of things to prepare, submit, make changes to our installer and a lot of requirements to fulfill. But let me assure you that we are doing everything we can to make this possibility a reality. We have no rush in terms of time frames etc, once you're Greenlit as a game you can prepare and decide the launch date of the game on Steam yourself, after everything has checked out.

I hope you all realize what potentially could happen to our game and our zone in a positive way when we launch on Steam, so please let's all try and work together as a game and as Trench Wars players so this opportunity will NOT go to waste!

So what can YOU do as a player? Show your support to us, to everyone involved, all zones in this game, by giving us feedback, comment on social media platforms and Steam, spread the word, invite your friends and prepare them for what's to come or simply help by just being more active in the game again! This already draws good attention and exposure to our game and zone, so if people download Continuum and see active gameplay, this will obviously help too.

I'm very well aware that there will still be a lot of questions from all of you, we still have to figure out certain key things ourself but we will try to keep you updated on our progress and make sure we can launch on Steam soon.

Kind regards,

-M_M God, Beasty, zreqdf, KrynetiX
    SSCU Trench Wars Head Sysops
    Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
    24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
    1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Something to be considered:

SS/Continuum has been Greenlit, not TW. Are steps being taken to involve all zones in cooperation to make this integration as smooth as possible?

Comment

is there a rough estimate in the time frame it will actually launch on steam?
      1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

huge
        1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
        Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
        1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
        1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
        beam> stfu tsunami
        Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
        beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
        Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

big tings

Lets see what prittk gotta say about these I hope he knows its greenlit.
          https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

That is great news! When we launch please have a clear and concise explanation of how to download the zones and explain the basics. If we can get a practice arena set up for new incoming players for 15 minutes or so that would be really cool too. Good job you all. I'm thrilled to hear this. Also when we launch.. please let's all be active to greet the incoming new players. My main concern is not letting new players get frustrated by lack of understanding commands and also by being owned by all us nerds who have played so many years. Be kind and gentle.. give them their own arena perhaps with a time frame to graduate to a true trench wars pilot.. just make sure their first experience when logging in is the best possible one we can give. Great news!!!!!
            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

THE SECOND COMING OF TW
              1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
              JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
              1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
              http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

THE SUBSPACE STRIKES BACK - Episode 5. Must mean we're reaching towards the end tbh if this is the 5th episode.
                idkidc1233

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                  That is great news! When we launch please have a clear and concise explanation of how to download the zones and explain the basics. If we can get a practice arena set up for new incoming players for 15 minutes or so that would be really cool too. Good job you all. I'm thrilled to hear this. Also when we launch.. please let's all be active to greet the incoming new players. My main concern is not letting new players get frustrated by lack of understanding commands and also by being owned by all us nerds who have played so many years. Be kind and gentle.. give them their own arena perhaps with a time frame to graduate to a true trench wars pilot.. just make sure their first experience when logging in is the best possible one we can give. Great news!!!!!
                  I say we just drop 'em in spawn and let them figure it out. That's how I started. In fact, back in MY day, I had to fly through the spawn fest of flying bullets EVERYWHERE through 20 different coordinates before making it to the base ENTRANCE before getting blown into the next arena by some leviathan bomb from one of the safeties AND we never complained! If anything it only made us stronger! It gave us character! You young whipper snappers now-a-days just waiting for your greens to be greened and your points to be given for you. Not enough hardships! That's what you youngins need! To get your butts properly wh-zzZzzzzzzZZZzzzzzZzz

http://m.memegen.com/rcbsww.jpg

Comment

If you need help with client code or website stuff hit me up.

Comment

magi, whilst I understand what you're saying the modern gamer is far different from what we were and knew 10+ years ago. These days players expect to be hand held and shown everything when they start a new game; it's the norm the modern market has come to know. If a player is just dumped amongst 10 year vets and gets destroyed for 5 minutes the chances are extremely high they'd just quit the game and go find another one; the harsh reality is that when we started playing SS the options for online gaming was very limited, whereas now there are so many hundreds of thousands of games there is minimal game loyalty or willingness to spend the time to learn a game that's going to take effort to master.

Very happy we've achieved this greenlit status, now it's up to all of us to embrace newer players rather than segregate them and to be as active as we can so people aren't downloading the game only to enter it and find no one actually playing it.
                      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

magi, whilst I understand what you're saying the modern gamer is far different from what we were and knew 10+ years ago. These days players expect to be hand held and shown everything when they start a new game; it's the norm the modern market has come to know. If a player is just dumped amongst 10 year vets and gets destroyed for 5 minutes the chances are extremely high they'd just quit the game and go find another one; the harsh reality is that when we started playing SS the options for online gaming was very limited, whereas now there are so many hundreds of thousands of games there is minimal game loyalty or willingness to spend the time to learn a game that's going to take effort to master.

Very happy we've achieved this greenlit status, now it's up to all of us to embrace newer players rather than segregate them and to be as active as we can so people aren't downloading the game only to enter it and find no one actually playing it.
                        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
                          Something to be considered:

SS/Continuum has been Greenlit, not TW. Are steps being taken to involve all zones in cooperation to make this integration as smooth as possible?

PRESSURE KILLS ME. just be straight up and say it.. "Have the EG heads been notified of this news. I sure hope so because EG rocks compared to TW when not enough events are being hosted and zizu is online"
                          SSCU Trench Wars TRIPLE CROWN WINNER
                          SSCU Trench Wars
                          Triple Threat
                          SSCU Trench Wars TWEL Top 3 Finalist
                          SSCU Trench Wars Starting Spider Melee 2003
                          SSCU Trench Wars TWLJ Champion (2x)
                          SSCU Trench Wars TWLD Champion
                          SSCU Trench Wars Michael Schumacher of Racing2
                          SSCU Trench Wars Unprecedented Balancing KING
                          SSCU Trench Wars TWLJ Top Stats 3 years running

MAD shoutouts to MUH BOYS atm

Comment

Great news. I'm with Magi on this one. No clunky tutorial needed. Just drop them in the game and they'll like it for the same reasons we all did. Although I'd like to see a streamlined process to put the newbies in squads so they don't turn into lifetime pubbers like Primary.

Originally posted by Children View Post
                            PRESSURE KILLS ME. just be straight up and say it.. "Have the EG heads been notified of this news. I sure hope so because EG rocks compared to TW when not enough events are being hosted and zizu is online"
                            Shut your fat fuckin' mouth. Honestly had it up to HERE with those antics.
                            4:BigKing> xD
                            4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                            4:BigKing> what did i do???
                            4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                            4:BigKing> ???? why though
                            4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                            4:BigKing> xD

Comment

We will try and answer any question there might be, but there is still a lot to figure out, goes for all of us. All zone sysops have been informed, as well as SSC staff and we've reached out to former and current developers and possible copyright owners, etc.
                              Please understand that we need to take every precaution we can and investigate every tiniest bit of information as in terms of what 's needed for us to successfully launch the game on Steam. This should and always will be a joint effort of players, staff and zones, because we're launching the game on Steam, not just our zone. We need all other zones to be active and prepare, because this will show our game as more complete and a better variety of gameplay that we can offer to the crowd. We will not set a date or timeframe yet, to avoid having to dissapoint people and because we simply still have a lot of work to do. But imho, the biggest step was actually getting Greenlit on Steam, in which we have now succeeded. So yes, be proud of our little group of survivors and stay positive because this can be a huge thing for all of us in the near future.
                              Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                              24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                              1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Working...
                              X