Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subspace - Continuum has been Greenlit on Steam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This probably has been asked before, but generally who does this game appeal to the most? I feel as if most players pick it up in their teens. I myself saw it for the first time from a group of people playing it at a youth centre, that atmosphere of a bunch of people already playing it made it seem like the cool thing to do at the time, and that's how I got hooked. As nerdy as it probably sounds, that's the best way to promote the game, make it seem cool to the audience that's most likely to pick it up and keep with it. I've seen the advertising campaigns by the staff of this community, they flood troll forums with adds for this. (assuming because it's cheap) But that's probably not who'll come to play the game, or who we want to. I get that adding this game to steam is a big step. But as someone who actually uses steam, I don't use it to find retro games I've never heard of before, I use it to download the newest games. Get this game out to the proper players and you'll see an influx of people who'll actually sit through all the bullshit and torture the vets and trolls put them through. This game is best taught with a friend or two right there, not by some automated bot telling you crap (useful crap) that honestly I assume most new players find distracting and don't bother reading. I find it an extremely good thing if a new player can show up, literally not talk to anyone for weeks and just keep on playing. (hint) He's here still because he actually enjoys the game. -shocked- After someone gets comfortable with the basics, that's when they'll start asking questions, like how do I attach, or how do I change teams, to which people reply with hopefully with non-troll answers like esc+Q (which is my literal first answer to the question I asked so long ago). The point is, new players should be able to learn at their own pace, they should only be spoon fed when they ask for it and not before.

Moral of this long winded story from this boring troll of a vet?
    Take this game to a convention or club or something, get people to look at it and see it for what it really is. I guarantee that its not hard to get a lineup of people wanting to try it.
    Best idea? Go to a convention as a squad, or a group, not just some crazy moron trying to gather everyone around to play his stupid spaceship game with him. Make it seem popular, make it seem cool, others will want to play it. Leave it to them logging in and seeing only a max number of 200 people before they realize it's not as popular as it seemed xD.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaSenza View Post
      This probably has been asked before, but generally who does this game appeal to the most? I feel as if most players pick it up in their teens. I myself saw it for the first time from a group of people playing it at a youth centre, that atmosphere of a bunch of people already playing it made it seem like the cool thing to do at the time, and that's how I got hooked. As nerdy as it probably sounds, that's the best way to promote the game, make it seem cool to the audience that's most likely to pick it up and keep with it. I've seen the advertising campaigns by the staff of this community, they flood troll forums with adds for this. (assuming because it's cheap) But that's probably not who'll come to play the game, or who we want to. I get that adding this game to steam is a big step. But as someone who actually uses steam, I don't use it to find retro games I've never heard of before, I use it to download the newest games. Get this game out to the proper players and you'll see an influx of people who'll actually sit through all the bullshit and torture the vets and trolls put them through. This game is best taught with a friend or two right there, not by some automated bot telling you crap (useful crap) that honestly I assume most new players find distracting and don't bother reading. I find it an extremely good thing if a new player can show up, literally not talk to anyone for weeks and just keep on playing. (hint) He's here still because he actually enjoys the game. -shocked- After someone gets comfortable with the basics, that's when they'll start asking questions, like how do I attach, or how do I change teams, to which people reply with hopefully with non-troll answers like esc+Q (which is my literal first answer to the question I asked so long ago). The point is, new players should be able to learn at their own pace, they should only be spoon fed when they ask for it and not before.

Moral of this long winded story from this boring troll of a vet?
      Take this game to a convention or club or something, get people to look at it and see it for what it really is. I guarantee that its not hard to get a lineup of people wanting to try it.
      Best idea? Go to a convention as a squad, or a group, not just some crazy moron trying to gather everyone around to play his stupid spaceship game with him. Make it seem popular, make it seem cool, others will want to play it. Leave it to them logging in and seeing only a max number of 200 people before they realize it's not as popular as it seemed xD.
      I've had a similar idea. I'll be going to SmashCon in August, I'll see what I can do from there.
      TWLD Champion 2014
      TWDTB Champion 2013
      TWDTB Champion 2016
      TWDTB Champion 2017
      TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
      -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

• ?

has this been abandoned or something?

0 updates
        0 willingness to communicate
        0 transparency
        0 leadership in sight

lol
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
          ?

has this been abandoned or something?

0 updates
          0 willingness to communicate
          0 transparency
          0 leadership in sight

lol
          Man....MM_Suck pretty much fooled the community on hiring a company to develop a tw/twl website that "costs $1,400" while the guy is pocketed the money.

Turban too busy fighting with ease on previous TWLJ championship finals and TWEL duels to even realize what is going on.

Has any person here asked for an invoice/receipt of the $1,400 of the new website? Oh by the way, you might be thinking well if we paid for the website where is it? It was never "finished". It's time to move on...
          1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
          1:Zidane> congrats man
          1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
          1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
          1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

• Look at the donation overview, the money is just being slowly bled away into paying for server stuff when the last advertising money was spent nearly three years ago. I mean I understand having to pay for the servers but were just going to sit here and let the money slowly dwindle into nothing.. is that the honest plan? I mean if we can't afford to pay for the server and nobody wants to handle that responsibility I understand but just fucking say it already. Otherwise give the money to someone who actually wants to advertise the game.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Lol rough btw, I spent over a year asking the same shit btw. They wanted it to be "a surprise" and wouldnt show anyone the site. When they finally linked me to something it was a hastily done shitty themeset shell. Im pretty sure that this theft of donated money to a charity constitutes a lawsuit personally. Lf as largest contributor should do it honestly, I would if 5k was basically stolen from me. The entire situation is a joke, pretty sure the website thing was fraudulent.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• yeah the site and the donation money is something i've given up on. pointless to even have expectations over it now. there is 0 accountability. Also u are right, if i had given a substantial amount like LF then i would have definitely taken this to court. shit is beyond ridiculous.
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
                  Look at the donation overview, the money is just being slowly bled away into paying for server stuff when the last advertising money was spent nearly three years ago. I mean I understand having to pay for the servers but were just going to sit here and let the money slowly dwindle into nothing.. is that the honest plan? I mean if we can't afford to pay for the server and nobody wants to handle that responsibility I understand but just fucking say it already. Otherwise give the money to someone who actually wants to advertise the game.
                  aye,

to answer a couple of questions that were asked in this thread, although i won't add too many details due to myself not having every piece of the puzzle, and most of them coming from memory.

we never fully paid for a new website, but rather the funds were used to purchase a design for the new website, along with certain key features to make it work, and the person we contracted to do this did what he was asked to do. this project and results were announced by staff at least once in the past, but it was mostly ignored by the players and certain individuals started to spread false rumors -- albeit, their intention surely was to get the project moving again -- about accusations of theft. the original plan back then was to have someone else to finish the project after someone else had laid down the cornerstones, but the project got stalled or cancelled due to the lack of web developers.

was this money well spent by us? i would have to say no, even if our intentions were right at that time and we are in a dire need for a new website, and that's for the simple fact that the site was never fully finished -- or, one could say, no one thought it through before making the initial purchase. no one has ever apologized for staff about this waste of money, and while i can't take full responsibility for the actions of others due to this happening a long time ago, i would still want to say sorry on behalf of zone staff. i will try to get someone more knowledgeable to answer this one in greater detail.

i have heard that we have some plans about advertising the game in the very near future with our recently formed a marketing team -- they should announce theirselves in the coming days. we are more than likely going to start with facebook advertisements, as there seems to be some good deal for those right now, but afterwards i would personally hope for them (and us) to focus on certain gaming communities and websites that would attract players who would enjoy a game such as this one. we could even expand our horizons and check popular live streaming sites such as twitch and see if we could sponsor someone for a quick boost of players.

the money is still there, after a confirmation, but the key issue is that they are "only there" and no big plans are in the makings. hopefully this smaller projects will have a ripple effect to get things moving forward.

anyway, we need to be more open about the money that will be spent in the future. i will do the announcements myself, or appoint someone else to do it, if the respective departments aren't doing a good enough of a job.

as far as the steam project goes, i'm going to ask someone who has been more involved in the project (such as M_M God or KrynetiX) to shed light to the story and tell us exactly where we stand right now. the players deserve to know after all this time.

Comment

• So my question is.

1. Which company did we pay to do this, was it someones company from this game.
                    2. Where is the product that we paid for and why hasn't atleast the theme been added to our current websites if it is 1400 dollars good?
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• right now getting the game on steam is far more important than text links on 420chan
                      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
                        So my question is.

1. Which company did we pay to do this, was it someones company from this game.
                        2. Where is the product that we paid for and why hasn't atleast the theme been added to our current websites if it is 1400 dollars good?
                        2) because that requires work from people like me that you go out of your way to shit on, with zero incentives
                        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

• http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...Website-Design -- for the lazy, above is the first thread about the new website design which was created back in 2011.

as far as your first question goes, wark, i tried to dig through the activity logs of our donation funds, but could only backtrack to April 2012 which is over a year off from the initial payment, thus will have to ask M_M God or 24 for the details. i do believe we also paid for joomlaworks, but again i will get someone with facts to answer that one.

then for the second question, you could use this quote to sum it up (this is from 2011):

Originally posted by M_M God View Post
                          The conversion of the template will be done in about a week, but after that our dev team (including me) will still have to do a lot of work, create all subpages, code everything from the old site into the new one, add statistics, league information etc etc. It's not something that's done over night so we're progressing but I can't guarantee a date of when the site will be completely done or at least functional and good enough for you high demanding people
                          TW has a lot of specific coding custom made for our zone that will need to be re-coded into our new site, we also want to add new functionality, new extensions like galleries, twl video pages etc. Either me or 24 will try and keep you guys up to date.

EDIT: If you want to help us out, tell us what you would like to have on the new TW website. Do you want a facebook type of thing? A gallery? What's missing on our current website? The point of the new TW website is to have everything in one place, under one design and where you can login once and access all (sub)sites with the right access permissions..if you get my drift.
                          admittedly, the project kind of died without a notice and none of the people responsible at that time ever bothered to make any announcements afterwards. the promises of keeping players up to date were not kept -- at least up to the level which we, the players, hoped.

anyway, the problem is that even if we paid for a design, and certain features along with it, we still need the man power to actually get out side of things together to make the site working with the features we want. last i heard, stickman (in-game name being o)-<|) was working on the website -- slowly making progress.

you can still browse the broken website, to a certain degree, at http://www.trenchwars.org/beta/index.php/faq

alas, our biggest issue still is the new player retention rate and it is what i will be start using my sparse free hours improving. after all, if we can't keep our new players playing this game, then even getting on steam would be a wasted effort. i will work together with our new marketing team, and public relations person, to see what we can do if we combine forces.

Comment

• Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                            right now getting the game on steam is far more important than text links on 420chan
                            i agree that it should be a main priority, but then again it's different people focusing on that project and the marketing efforts. however, even if we get on steam, there are several issues we have to tackle before making it a reality -- the new player experience, after all, is currently a huge mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                              2) because that requires work from people like me that you go out of your way to shit on, with zero incentives
                              Lets be fair, you are a an annoying douchebag and also you wasted countless hours trying to save distension from its demise which I called like 10 years ago. If you had spent that time actually being useful instead of wasting it on that it would be done by now.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• some people just dont learn

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

Working...
                                X