Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Heads of TWD

Hi everyone!

As of today, I will be replacing Up In Ya !! as head of TWD (congratulate him on his promotion to dean of staff when you can.) To help assist me through the upcoming changes, Johnno has been appointed as Head TWD op (for lack of a better title.) In the past the responsibilities of everything regarding TWD has been left to a single person. This often left that person overwhelmed with a vast amount of tasks that needed to be done. This is a game after all and we are all human. Naturally some of the more important time critical tasks were given top priority while the more minute tasks were put on hold. The splitting of responsibilities will help get bigger tasks done more quickly and accurately as well as taking care of some of the smaller ones as well.

I will be focusing on the larger aspects of TWD. Things such as coordination with TWL, announcements, changes, etc. Johnno will be in charge of everything having to do with the training and progression of all of our TWD Ops. While these areas will be our focus, we will be helping each other out with anything needed. Changes to TWD will be a joint decision. A decision made not only by the both of us, but the rest of our TWD Ops as well as from input from the players. This is after all still running because everyone continues to play, so everyone should be somewhat happy with how the league is being ran and the changes that are being made to it.

I feel that TWD and TWL are the two strongest aspects of our zone. With that being said, as the game is getting older we continue to lose activity during off peak periods. My focus to start off with is finding ways to get more players playing TWD games during the off season. With this game being greenlit, we will hopefully have a bunch of new players rolling in eager to learn what this zone is about. I won't go into huge details on every little plan I have from the get go, but my goal is to make TWD as easily accessible to newer players as we can. My other focus is to find something to do with TWSD and TWFD. They are unused portions of TWD and my goal is to figure why. Well not only why, but if there is something we can do to make them a bit more active (or even played at all at this point.) This is where I could use the help of everyone I can get (twd ops, my other staff members, and all of the players)

Johnno being in charge of the TWD ops will have many things to focus on. He will need to assess who we have as TWD ops and see if there are any changes that will be needed to that team. When we get new TWD ops recruited to the department, he will be in charge of making sure they all get training for each of the bot commands, rules, quota, etc. We want to have the best TWD Ops we can since TWD is a large part of this zone. We need to make sure that these Ops are trained, prepared and equipped to handle any situation that arises.

Johnno and I have worked well together in the past, and are excited to continue to do so as we take over the department. If anyone has any concerns or questions about anything regarding TWD, please feel free to contact either one of us in the game via PM, ?message, or :messagebot:!lmessage. Cheers!

-KATC
    5:beam> why is every custodian in the vampire diaries a big black guy who gets eaten by a vampire
    5:beam> this show incredibly racist
    5:beam> got a party with 10000 white ppl no other ethnicity in sight
    5:beam> all of a sudden 300 pound black custodian comes out of nowhere to get eaten

2:Oderus Urungus> fis gets moist in the crotch when she has an opportunity to shiplock me

A hearty congratulations to you and Johnno!

Comment

katc gr8 person
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Training for TWL and etc etc... Didn't we all talk about how TWD needs to become a separate league entirely from TWL to have any way of gaining in popularity again?

What have TWD Ops done in the past anyways, besides register names and find double squadders? Seriously... The same old rhetoric getting repeated has to stop. I hope you are the one to make real changes. I hope you have some vision. If you don't have the ideas/willpower/ability to create change in a dying league and a dying zone, I hope you either hire/promote someone that does, or you step down so someone WILL do the job.

Why do I say this? There have been countless idea threads in the past about TWD, and you have never posted in any of them. This means you either have never given a shit, or you simply don't have any ideas. I just hope you know what you're doing.
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

kyle the air AND space traffic controller, GUY CONTROLS THE HELL OUT OF TRAFFIC
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
            Training for TWL and etc etc... Didn't we all talk about how TWD needs to become a separate league entirely from TWL to have any way of gaining in popularity again?

What have TWD Ops done in the past anyways, besides register names and find double squadders? Seriously... The same old rhetoric getting repeated has to stop. I hope you are the one to make real changes. I hope you have some vision. If you don't have the ideas/willpower/ability to create change in a dying league and a dying zone, I hope you either hire/promote someone that does, or you step down so someone WILL do the job.

Why do I say this? There have been countless idea threads in the past about TWD, and you have never posted in any of them. This means you either have never given a shit, or you simply don't have any ideas. I just hope you know what you're doing.

attn katc re: removing 24hr squad cooldown period

internet de la jerome

Comment

probably could have mentioned some of your short- and long term goals in the opening post, but good luck!

Comment

seriously though just a 2-month period following twl every year where the 24hr rule is relaxed and people can twd their brains out with whoever, whenever

internet de la jerome

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                  seriously though just a 2-month period following twl every year where the 24hr rule is relaxed and people can twd their brains out with whoever, whenever
                  I'm up for absolutely anything that will be different than what it is now. Trial and Error while TWL Qualifications or w/e isn't going on (if we are going to still use TWD as the baseline for TWL entry) is worth a shot. Test some ideas out and see what happens. There is no downside if you ask me.
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

when TWL qualifications start, i would like to try something different that forces teams to actually play (rather than sit on points), and as an example qualification tournaments (seeded) could work fairly well.

Comment

i rarely praise the cancerous entity known as trench wars staff, but tbh these recent changes (turban, katc, azov, lf) are steps in the right direction and are making me reconsider my stance of never playing again. also i would like to throw out there that azov is actually a pretty nice guy and deserves to be given a fair shot at mending things. that coming from me is huuuuge since i led a witch hunt against him multiple times lool.

p.s. jerome aka da gooch wat it do cuz
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                        when TWL qualifications start, i would like to try something different that forces teams to actually play (rather than sit on points), and as an example qualification tournaments (seeded) could work fairly well.
                        why can't i send you forum messages? this is racist as shit

internet de la jerome

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                          i rarely praise the cancerous entity known as trench wars staff, but tbh these recent changes (turban, katc, azov, lf) are steps in the right direction and are making me reconsider my stance of never playing again. also i would like to throw out there that azov is actually a pretty nice guy and deserves to be given a fair shot at mending things. that coming from me is huuuuge since i led a witch hunt against him multiple times lool.

p.s. jerome aka da gooch wat it do cuz
                          i agree with all of this post, azov will piss u off but then he'll hear you out

also cres u might as well come back we've already forgotten ur tw legacy, better log on 2 preserve it <3

internet de la jerome

Comment

? the legacy of cres is untouchable rememba dis

and i would come back but ive been banned since like dec 15 for using these aliases: aggin, saggin, and my personal favorite saggin saggin :angry:

p.s. these forums broken as fuk cant even quote/edit properly halp
                            Last edited by Crescent Seal; 01-21-2015, 07:38 PM. Reason: fuk ursilf forums

Comment

So as I was saying before dis forum broke,

If I redownload Subspace, I shud haf chats.

Turban, what is staff chat? Why does TW Council Member and future newly made-up, completely irrelevant, and absolutely unnecessary position staff member Exalt not haf dis yet?
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                              X