The Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Forums

instead of having a fractured conversation across several threads, let's talk about the forums and their future here

phpBB? vB? lock this forum/start a new one? try to fix/upgrade this one?
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

we can probably try to back up our forum database (such as user data, posts and threads) then perform a clean install (without any additional add-ons that break things) as an attempt to fix the forums. that is always an option, but we need someone with enough experience with vBulletin to do that task.

we should avoid ditching these forums at all cost unless everything else fails, and even then at least the user data should be transferred to the new forum.

Comment

I don't know much about forum stuff, but xogs idea seems pretty good, wonder if there would be a problem connecting that to the main site though
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I'd be fine with a clean new forum.

Comment

i would be fine with a new one only if this one were kept online and unusable for research purposes
          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
          SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Well, my initial feeling was that I would prefer to have the old forums upgraded and/or moved. However, in light of the amazing swampy quagmire that is "public-staff relations", I thought it would be interesting to sit down and go through the posts and start trying to pull out relevant information.

Quite simply, with so many formerly key leaders in Trench Wars leaving - and leaving abruptly in many cases - there simply isn't information for sometimes even the most mundane questions you might think staffers would be able to provide. For instance, the Anti-Warp thread - while everyone went back and forth over who said what, when, etc... fiS just fkn searched TWForums and found a precedent which had already been set.

So yeah, roxxkat hit the nail on the head - this forum is a fantastic tool for research, however, continuing to post here will only make the research harder. Locking it down but keeping it available will help with a little pet project i'm working on, which is basically going through these forums and trying to find every useful post ever, and maybe even organize them by topic or chronology.

that being said

last i checked Reckful was the admin of this forum, there shouldn't be 3 people running around changing shit leaving everyone in the dark. or if you do make changes at least fkn post about them, see above for why, fuckfaces

edit: this whole "posting as a staffer" thing is going to get me killed irl

Last edited by Jerome Scuggs; 02-01-2015, 01:38 PM.

internet de la jerome

Comment

perhaps it is you that needs a xanax, as the reason shit is being fucked with is because we had to switch servers because shit broke and priit is useless, and more shit broke during the move and is being fixed
              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                perhaps it is you that needs a xanax, as the reason shit is being fucked with is because we had to switch servers because shit broke and priit is useless, and more shit broke during the move and is being fixed
                so you're saying that before this move over the weekend twforums worked 100% normally?

internet de la jerome

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                  because we had to switch servers because shit broke and priit is useless
                  what

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

I'm backing up the users and forum structure .. disabling this forum (read-only) and importing the user data into a fresh phpBB. Everyone will get an email.
                    ▒█░▄▀ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ░▀░ ▀▄▒▄▀
                    ▒█▀▄░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░░█░░ ▀█▀ ░▒█░░
                    ▒█░▒█ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▄▀▒▀▄

Comment

Originally posted by KrynetiX View Post
                      I'm backing up the users and forum structure .. disabling this forum (read-only) and importing the user data into a fresh phpBB. Everyone will get an email.
                      is there an ETA on this? mafia game just started and also i need to know when to snipe the LAST POST EVER MADE ON THE TRENCH WARS FORUMS

internet de la jerome

Comment

Ok now somethings happened to forums (in the past few days) that's stopped me from posting on my mobile phone... It used to show a black text box that wouldn't let you type anything on it anyway BUT i used to solve this by selecting a forum mode at the bottom left and selecting default mobile mode- or something like that... BUT these options have disappeared now???

Where have these options gone?

Edit: working now yay. Ty... I can post more trash now.
                        Last edited by Fork; 02-05-2015, 07:46 AM.
                        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

oh wow, forum is tons better on my phone now

Comment

Working...
                          X