Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD Cup - yay or nay

hey,

this is more so to gather the opinions of all players and squads for the time being, however something of this sort could be made a reality if there is enough interest from the squad and player side. i would want to keep this simple, and it's also assuming that i'm given the permission from KATC to host the tournament which should not be an issue.

do we want to have an off season TWD cup? it would be a simple one, seeded bracket tournament featuring all main leagues -- free for all if squads meet the qualification requirements which would be based on activity to encourage teams to stay active if they wish to participate. invitations would be sent at the end of the TWD reset period to all squads who meet the requirements to qualify. there would be no need for a new website, as me or someone else would run it with the help of spreadsheets, and we would use the TWD matchbots with certain rules teams would have to follow.

teams would be free to play their games in the tournament bracket at any time, but if they are unable to schedule and play their match within a reasonable time period (say, one week to complete it) we would give the squads a pre-assigned date and time for the match. players rosters for the tournament would be locked when the TWD ladders get reset. teams would still be able to recruit new players for normal TWD games, but they would not be eligible for this cup tournament.

the plan would be to do this semi-regularly to give squads something more to do and look forward to in TWD.

that's the short version of it. thoughts?
    Last edited by Turban; 02-07-2015, 04:48 AM.

I'd rather entertain the idea of BWC, Attack Tourny, TWHT etc. coming back if something.
    These could be based on TWD squads as well if we really wanted that, though it's not really what you're looking for here.

Personally not a fan of the idea as we already have a stacked year with different stuff (TWEL, TWDT, TWD/L qualifying...)
    Really difficult to fit anything in there without going on top of eachother.
    3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
    3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
    3:i.d.> da fk is that?
    3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
    3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
    3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
    3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
    3:Shadowmere> LOL
    3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
    Shadowmere> Rofl
    Up in ya !> With his feet
    Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
    Up in ya !> l44t feet
    Deft> l44t f44t*
    Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
    Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

the point of this tournament is to give another reason for squads to keep playing TWD. currently TWD is basically an automated league that serves no purpose aside from fast entertainment and once a year helping with the selection of TWL squads. i genuinely feel that TWD could be basically made into its own league, with seasons and end of season tournaments, meaning it could slowly be separated from TWL. we need changes that teams can look forward to, and this could be one of those attempts to bring more activity to our declining league.

the fact of the matter is that our players are interested in different leagues. some of us enjoy playing the standard leagues and settings, others are more adventurous and enjoy uncommon leagues such as attack and hockey tournaments. i see no problem with having something like this and say, a unique league such as TWHT, overlapping with their run times. in addition, we could even have these qualification periods to a TWD cup start running during a TWL season to make teams who want to qualify to it more active.

we would allow freedom of schedule with a set date, but if no time gets picked by the teams during the tournament then matches would be set to a certain time and date.

anyway, if i'm wrong then it's no big deal. however, TWD needs something extra to spice it up, and this is simply one of the many things that is within our power to do given our resources.

EDIT: fixed something rip
      Last edited by Turban; 02-07-2015, 08:30 AM. Reason: fixing my shitty phone post

Comment

I think TWL should be this. Use TWD for season, TWL for playoff.

Comment

I like the idea.
          Squads would exist longer, preventing them from dissolving.
          Much squads dissolve after a month, which is a pitty.
          Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
          waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
          Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
          waxer> LOl,no
          waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

Working...
          X