optional big bullets and bursts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• optional big bullets and bursts

this is a feature that we can add at any point to the league. it will not require any developer work, it's all set and ready to launch. however, before we do that, i would like to hear the publics opinion.

we could add big bullet graphics to TWDD, TWJD and TWBD. these graphics would be optional which means you could at any time switch back to your own graphics. the optional graphics could be disabled with one simple change in the game options, or alternatively if you go the hard way of disabling them you can create a folder in the trench wars zone subfolder. i will make a step-by-step guide on how to disable and enable this option if we proceed to make this a reality.

the point of this is to basically give an easy access to a graphic that is actually helpful to the players, both old and new alike, without them having to install their own graphics to enhance their gaming experience.

this thread will be locked soon(ish).
    Yes
    88.00%
    No
    12.00%
    Last edited by Turban; 02-07-2015, 05:50 PM.

If you do, use the bigbullets that are shiny.
    Used to be on paladen site, but now hard to find.
    Not the ones that make ur bullets look like snowballs.
    See my attachment
    Attached Files
    Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
    waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
    Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
    waxer> LOl,no
    waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

i would likely use something similar to the one seen below, they look decent in game. the top four rows are for bullets in trench wars (non-bouncing) and bottom is burst. i'd be happy with anything that looks decent to be honest, and as mentioned earlier, these graphics would be optional. the point of having these is to simply aid players (especially those who don't want to install anything) and make it more fair for all to have access to something like this.

Comment

I'd say don't force those on players as they are not default, but make a .bm2 file, rename it to .lvz and add to arena download, then tell players to just rename the file in zones/tw folder if they wish to use bigbullets. That way you can also add multiple versions and players learn to navigate cont folder. Telling players to turn off optional graphics might result in them missing out things in several events or holiday maps.

Not gonna vote though as I don't play TWD.

Comment

This is the version i preferred.
          The Paladen ones, used to dl em from the paladen site.
          But since that one is gone, Upster was so friendly to send em over.
          Attached Files
          Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
          waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
          Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
          waxer> LOl,no
          waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post

are these the ones made by qan? I've been using those for years and I'm very happy with them.

Making them bigger like those Morgane posted resulted in more pixelhits in my experience.
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Morgane View Post
              This is the version i preferred.
              The Paladen ones, used to dl em from the paladen site.
              But since that one is gone, Upster was so friendly to send em over.
              This is what i been using they are amazing.

https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

what's link 4 big bullets ?

Comment

I am using porkjets graphics. This also includes stuff around bombs and mines etc. Would it only override the bullet graphics if you do this Turban? I know duel2 somehow made me go to default settings in just that arena, Kim told me to put something off in settings so thats ok now.

I think people who want bigbullets, use it already. People with different graphics, like yourself, use that. It can fk someone playgame as it can help someone as well. Dunno if you should 'force' it. Why not enable instead of disable?
                  ​​​​

Comment

I'm not too sure why this was bumped, but long story short is optional graphics will not interfere with your custom graphics. System operators can change .lvz files to become optional by simply adding a plus sign after the extension. It would mean that the optional arena graphics would not interfere with your custom graphics assuming you have disabled use optional graphics and sounds from the settings. I believe this setting is disabled by default, but feel free to correct me.

These are my bomb and bullet graphics which I have shared to nearly a hundred players in this zone and most are still using them to this date.

Click image for larger version

Name:	qTo8Myq.png
Views:	611
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1338995

Name:	uDc56m3.png
Views:	551
Size:	904 Bytes
ID:	1338996

Comment

I stole most of my substitute graphics from the boki .lvz, the bullets are by far the best upgrade:

Name:	bullets.png
Views:	710
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	1339182

Name:	bullets.png
Views:	546
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	1339181

Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                      Message has been sent to online moderators
                      2:BLeeN> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>no
                      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                      2:BLeeN> ok then no
                      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Turban We have steam, let's use it. You could put all kinds of graphical/audio stuff'n things on there as free DLC. qan It would also be nice to have a map pack as a DLC with all the event maps since downloading anything while in the game feels like going back to dialup.
                        Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                        (10 seconds later)
                        rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                        P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Steam Workshop could be used for this sort of stuff. Or just upload into the image section in Community.

To download every map + LVZ on the server, head over here:
                          https://trenchwars.org/index.php?v=downloads

(Used to only be in a sticky on forums; updated the download page. Also realized that the SSDownloads backup wasn't on there.)
                          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Thanks for the link Qan, I didn't know that was there (not sarcasm). 65MB for all the maps, took seconds. In-game for some reason that would have taken forever. Adding more content to the Steam version of the game shows the game is actually active. I wonder if utilities could be added to it as well like the map editor. Maybe allow Steam Workshop so players can add their own mods for the game? There were tons of ship sets back in the day.
                            Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                            (10 seconds later)
                            rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                            P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Yep, there's pretty heavy throttling in-game from the days of dialup.

I did package the Steam version with a variety of editing tools a bit ago. It might also be worth adding every zone's current LVL/LVZ package, if they'd be willing to provide it. Doing it as a DLC might be necessary, as it would prevent some people on bad connections from being able to download the game. I was working on DLC at one point. Steam's developer interface is a pile of garbage, unfortunately ... Really wonky and old-fashioned, especially considering how much money Valve makes off of it.

Steam Workshop isn't really doable because we don't control the code/can't update the game itself. Also it's a bit involved: https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/f...implementation

But there's nothing to stop you from uploading shipsets in either Artwork or Screenshots. Probably Artwork, previously Images. https://steamcommunity.com/app/352700/images/

Also, there are tons of files, mostly unsorted, in the SSDownloads backup. You can find a link on our downloads page, or go to www.trenchwars.org/ssdl A hero of Subspace might even look at cracking open a few of the zip files with alternate shipsets and uploading them to Steam. But... who, who could that hero be?!...
                              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
                              X