TWD op Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD op Meeting

There were a few things discussed over the weekend during our TWDop meeting. We started off with resolution limits in TWDD. One possibility we all agreed upon was having a function added like !addplayer where after the game has started, both teams can do !resoff (or some other type of command, but both have to agree like !addplayer) and then the bot will disable the resolution limits. The moment this feature becomes active, I'll make another forum post explaining exactly how to do it.

The second we thing we discussed was New Player Squads. I'm looking into possibly getting at least 2 TWDops to take over running a squad that brings in new players and teaches then all about TWD. I think 2 will be a good amount to have so that the newer players aren't playing against the tryhard headbands of the game everytime they wanna play a game. These squads during TWL qualifying period would have to have their ratings adjusted so that we dont run into the issue we had last season.

The third thing which has brought up a larger conversation is TWD Rosters and players on those rosters. We came to an agreement that players are allowed to have unregistered names on inactive rosters. There's no reason to be removing players from say.. penetrate. This brought up more conversation later in that we are going to possibly be adding a new feature to the TWD site. This makes it so that you can't apply to rosters when your name isn't registered. This will remove the inactive names of players who have a name of multiple squads. We have the ability as TWDops to keep names on rosters when we unregister them to allow you to register a new name. The catch with this is that we don't want people to have a bunch of aliases all over TWD. We will be more than likely allowing 1 inactive name and 1 active name.

As it currently stands, you are allowed to have an unregistered name on an inactive roster. If an unregistered name is on an ACTIVE roster, it will be removed.

Any more details regarding any of these topics will be discussed in further posts when more action has been taken. Til next time o/
    5:beam> why is every custodian in the vampire diaries a big black guy who gets eaten by a vampire
    5:beam> this show incredibly racist
    5:beam> got a party with 10000 white ppl no other ethnicity in sight
    5:beam> all of a sudden 300 pound black custodian comes out of nowhere to get eaten

2:Oderus Urungus> fis gets moist in the crotch when she has an opportunity to shiplock me

Originally posted by KATC View Post
    There were a few things discussed over the weekend during our TWDop meeting. We started off with resolution limits in TWDD. One possibility we all agreed upon was having a function added like !addplayer where after the game has started, both teams can do !resoff (or some other type of command, but both have to agree like !addplayer) and then the bot will disable the resolution limits.
    why complicate things? we already have arenas designated to accommodate the people who dont want a res cap in twdd3 and twdd4.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Upper staff has had a hardon to increase res limits for like five years now, they are going to shove it down our throats no matter what eventually. Were wasting time here when theres bigger problems and devoting resources to shit that like 20 people actually want. You say out of one corner of your mouth that you want competition while with the other trying to make it easier for strayers inc to hit you with r4's for 30 minute dd rounds. Fucking atrocious.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

matches with resolution limits will remain as the primary form of challenging, this is only to not force teams to go to TWDD3 if they wish to play a casual match. as simple as that.

Comment

Heard it before turban, its no res limit creep. Just like well never use x rule or any of the other creeps staff uses to push an agenda thats unpopular with players.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

i thought this game was making good progress until i just got silenced for 1 hour by shadowmere <mall cop> for saying "nekh roo".

???
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Nekh roo the famous Persian philosopher and poet, big fan of his life studies
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

The res limit must increase by default - people who deny that are the problem.

Comment

yeah his works are great. he would be rolling in his grave right now if he knew people were using his name as a means to mall cop.

Comment

free cres
                    GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

the intention of this is to simply give an easier means to play a casual, non-resolution limited match in the main arena rather than forcing those players to a secondary arena which sucks because ..

1) it takes time and effort to get a bot there
                      2) players tend to be lazy and take the first option available

if you remember back when we removed resolution limits for a brief time, to test it out, and set a resolution limited arena to a secondary arena, no one practically went to the secondary arena to play a game with limits. this is a compromise to satisfy both the competitive players and new generation of casual players while still favoring the competitive aspects of the league. nothing is being forced, it remains as an option.

nothing wrong with the idea as it's an optional game type -- casual mode. i can see your concerns, but to be fair most of our twd operators prefer keeping the league competitive and thus the resolution limits will not be lifted from that league.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                        i thought this game was making good progress until i just got silenced for 1 hour by shadowmere <mall cop> for saying "nekh roo".

???
                        '

thats why sertifi aka shadowmere should stick to <ER> he told me when he rage quit staff and removed himself from the list that the "rules" would be more open to being broken. ***** just stick to ER cause thats the only thing ur good at shadowmere if i keep finding out ur being a disruption to players shadowmere gonna i'm axe ur ass.
                        Last edited by 2pac; 02-11-2015, 07:49 PM.
                        https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
                          '

thats why sertifi aka shadowmere should stick to <ER> he told me when he ragquit staff and removed himself from the list that the "rules" would be more open to being broken. ***** just stick to ER cause thats the only thing ur good shadowmere if i keep finding out ur being a disruption to players shadowmere gonna i'm axe ur ass.
                          ya i dont think anyone even likes him to be honest. im not sure why he even has banning powers since he has a record of just abusing them.

Comment

The resolution limits aren't being shoved down anyone's throats, nor will res limits be completely removed anytime soon. While TWD is still what we use for qualifications for TWL, we decided that the default will continue to be with resolution limits. The only way you will be playing without resolution limits is by sending a !command to the bot after the match has been sent and accepted. Same exact way that !addplayer is used. You aren't forced to play 4s and 5s in TWDD, nor will you be forced to play without resolution limits. If in the future we go a different route for qualifying for TWL, we may look again at TWD for possible changes.

I'm at work and can't look into anything about bans at the moment. Not that I'm disregarding your concerns but this isn't the place to be complaining about other staffers. The_Paul will be happy to look into any issues you have with bans and to report anyone that you feel is abusing his/her powers. If you are still having issues with this talk to me when I get home tonight or leave me a message and I'll investigate it when I get home.
                            5:beam> why is every custodian in the vampire diaries a big black guy who gets eaten by a vampire
                            5:beam> this show incredibly racist
                            5:beam> got a party with 10000 white ppl no other ethnicity in sight
                            5:beam> all of a sudden 300 pound black custodian comes out of nowhere to get eaten

2:Oderus Urungus> fis gets moist in the crotch when she has an opportunity to shiplock me

Comment

Originally posted by KATC View Post
                              The resolution limits aren't being shoved down anyone's throats, nor will res limits be completely removed anytime soon. While TWD is still what we use for qualifications for TWL, we decided that the default will continue to be with resolution limits. The only way you will be playing without resolution limits is by sending a !command to the bot after the match has been sent and accepted. Same exact way that !addplayer is used. You aren't forced to play 4s and 5s in TWDD, nor will you be forced to play without resolution limits. If in the future we go a different route for qualifying for TWL, we may look again at TWD for possible changes.

I'm at work and can't look into anything about bans at the moment. Not that I'm disregarding your concerns but this isn't the place to be complaining about other staffers. The_Paul will be happy to look into any issues you have with bans and to report anyone that you feel is abusing his/her powers. If you are still having issues with this talk to me when I get home tonight or leave me a message and I'll investigate it when I get home.
                              less than subtle subject change isn't fooling us, we're dissing shaddowmere here.
                              guy's a ******head
                              Last edited by forwards; 02-11-2015, 06:23 PM. Reason: F.a.g.g.o.t.h.e.a.d
                              3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
                              3:45th President> do it
                              kyler> who is 45th President
                              nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

Working...
                              X