No announcement yet.

TWD op Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you really need to do is remove the 24 hour name reset and remove the delay between joining squads. This way it promotes more activity in twd. Game is waaaaaaay too dead for you guys to try and stop squad hopping.

Comment

kind of agree, but on the condition that there should be a limit of how many times one can change squads without a reset timer per month / reset cycle. currently most players are allowed to bypass that limit, assuming they can find a TWD operator, but it's not an ideal solution as you say.

we will likely discuss it during the next meeting, or at the very least i will bring the topic up for us to discuss if i'm able to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by KATC View Post
        There were a few things discussed over the weekend during our TWDop meeting. We started off with resolution limits in TWDD. One possibility we all agreed upon was having a function added like !addplayer where after the game has started, both teams can do !resoff (or some other type of command, but both have to agree like !addplayer) and then the bot will disable the resolution limits. The moment this feature becomes active, I'll make another forum post explaining exactly how to do it.

The second we thing we discussed was New Player Squads. I'm looking into possibly getting at least 2 TWDops to take over running a squad that brings in new players and teaches then all about TWD. I think 2 will be a good amount to have so that the newer players aren't playing against the tryhard headbands of the game everytime they wanna play a game. These squads during TWL qualifying period would have to have their ratings adjusted so that we dont run into the issue we had last season.

The third thing which has brought up a larger conversation is TWD Rosters and players on those rosters. We came to an agreement that players are allowed to have unregistered names on inactive rosters. There's no reason to be removing players from say.. penetrate. This brought up more conversation later in that we are going to possibly be adding a new feature to the TWD site. This makes it so that you can't apply to rosters when your name isn't registered. This will remove the inactive names of players who have a name of multiple squads. We have the ability as TWDops to keep names on rosters when we unregister them to allow you to register a new name. The catch with this is that we don't want people to have a bunch of aliases all over TWD. We will be more than likely allowing 1 inactive name and 1 active name.

As it currently stands, you are allowed to have an unregistered name on an inactive roster. If an unregistered name is on an ACTIVE roster, it will be removed.

Any more details regarding any of these topics will be discussed in further posts when more action has been taken. Til next time o/

fuck the tw ops for banning me without warning again as usual.
        https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
          Upper staff has had a hardon to increase res limits for like five years now, they are going to shove it down our throats no matter what eventually. Were wasting time here when theres bigger problems and devoting resources to shit that like 20 people actually want. You say out of one corner of your mouth that you want competition while with the other trying to make it easier for strayers inc to hit you with r4's for 30 minute dd rounds. Fucking atrocious.
          I agree with wark.

Please don't change the resolution. There was a vote for 5+ years now about it, and it has ALWAYS failed dramatically. It was then implemented even though almost nobody wanted the resolution to change from default, and every active forum member who played TWD basically told staff to quit fucking the game up for no reason.

You shouldn't create change just for the sake of change, especially when people don't want it. Changing the resolution in a 2d game isn't going to make the game better. It isn't going to upgrade the graphics. It does nothing to add to the gameplay, unless you love long, boring strayfests where half the players can see the default res players at all times, while the low res players are basically stuck staring at radar the entire game.

It won't make things better on any level. TWD3/TWD4 already has unlimited res limits, and NOBODY uses those arenas. There's a reason for that. Please don't make changes that are unwarranted and unwanted.
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

The resolution limits aren't being shoved down anyone's throats, nor will res limits be completely removed anytime soon. While TWD is still what we use for qualifications for TWL, we decided that the default will continue to be with resolution limits. The only way you will be playing without resolution limits is by sending a !command to the bot after the match has been sent and accepted. Same exact way that !addplayer is used. You aren't forced to play 4s and 5s in TWDD, nor will you be forced to play without resolution limits. If in the future we go a different route for qualifying for TWL, we may look again at TWD for possible changes.
            Honestly, it was a HUGE waste of time and effort to ever even discuss resolution changes in TWD, when it clearly was a failure and largely unwanted by the vast majority of players for over 5 YEARS now. If you had been an active forum member, as well as someone who played TWD actively in the last 10 years or so, you'd have known automatically that this was a waste of time. There are an unlimited amount of changes that can be made that are actually useful and good things to discuss. Why did none of those issues get discussed in your meeting?

I just don't understand. If you don't have any legitimate ideas, then please start listening to those that do. You win no kudos for discussing the same tired issues that failed multiple times in the past.

The rule of thumb for TWD issues should always start with these conditions:

1. Does this change add to the game in any way
            2. Does this change make the game more enjoyable
            3. Will this change add or decrease activity in TWD
            4. Do the majority of players want this change
            5. Does this change the strategy of the gameplay, and is this change good?
            6. Am I proposing this change only because I want it?

If you can't answer yes to at least 3 of the above first 5 questions, you shouldn't waste any time whatsoever on the idea until more pressing things have been resolved. Number 6 should always be no, unless it's such an amazingly brilliant idea that you just NEED to discuss it.
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

then theres no problem, because one of the caps will always refuse to !removelimits
              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
              SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

and I continue to not play twdd

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                  and I continue to not play twdd
                  Twjd better anyway More skill required for all these pro angled bounced shots.
                  1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

There were a few things discussed over the weekend during our TWDop meeting. We started off with resolution limits in TWDD. One possibility we all agreed upon was having a function added like !addplayer where after the game has started, both teams can do !resoff (or some other type of command, but both have to agree like !addplayer) and then the bot will disable the resolution limits. The moment this feature becomes active, I'll make another forum post explaining exactly how to do it.

The second we thing we discussed was New Player Squads. I'm looking into possibly getting at least 2 TWDops to take over running a squad that brings in new players and teaches then all about TWD. I think 2 will be a good amount to have so that the newer players aren't playing against the tryhard headbands of the game everytime they wanna play a game. These squads during TWL qualifying period would have to have their ratings adjusted so that we dont run into the issue we had last season.

The third thing which has brought up a larger conversation is TWD Rosters and players on those rosters. We came to an agreement that players are allowed to have unregistered names on inactive rosters. There's no reason to be removing players from say.. penetrate. This brought up more conversation later in that we are going to possibly be adding a new feature to the TWD site. This makes it so that you can't apply to rosters when your name isn't registered. This will remove the inactive names of players who have a name of multiple squads. We have the ability as TWDops to keep names on rosters when we unregister them to allow you to register a new name. The catch with this is that we don't want people to have a bunch of aliases all over TWD. We will be more than likely allowing 1 inactive name and 1 active name.

As it currently stands, you are allowed to have an unregistered name on an inactive roster. If an unregistered name is on an ACTIVE roster, it will be removed.

Any more details regarding any of these topics will be discussed in further posts when more action has been taken. Til next time o/

Will you discuss about other ideas to help maintain players interest in twd? (This is what I expected of a twd mod... Fresh ideas to spice twd)

-personal squad twjd\twdd\twbd arenas where's caps\assist type a command to get matchbot to ?go paladentwjd or w\e and challenge squads there.

-1 vs 1 style duel squad match (3-5 players dueling each other 1 vs 1 in 3-5 small arenas where the surviving squads wins).

-squads get rewarded for each game they play regardless of a loss (helps those squads that lose every game... What reward I'll leave to you)

-Dual twd mode: 2 games (twdd\ twjd in one match). Squad plays another squad round 1 in twdd, round 2 is in twjd and if there is a round 3... It will be completely random if its twdd or twjd final round.

-squads challenging the world in a twjd arena (to keep squads online if they can't find a squad to vs). It doesn't work in javduel for obvious reasons.

-player rewards for number of twd games. Unlock a new styled javelin\ warbird if you play so many games\ get so many kills\ so many 2fers etc (fun!).

Run out of time but u get the point... Stuff to spice up twd more, keep old players interest and perhaps attract new players too.
                    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Working...
                    X