Pub highscores fk'd or just random?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub highscores fk'd or just random?

If i tried to be the best javelin in pub, when i look at the highscores i'm thinking wdf i'm not gonna bother since it seems rankings are randomly allocated to a player. See picture:

Clearly turtle power seems to have put more effort in this ship than kraven yet kraven has a higher ranking. Necromatic is rank 6 with only 22 kills in pub vs ulrira (rank 9) who has a better kill/ death difference/ more points. It seems all random bs these scores. It doesn't mean anything looking at them other than: wow you have nice luck- you're in the top 10 in ____ ship.

Ok lets look at best pub player (overall player)

Last edited by Fork; 02-19-2015, 01:30 PM.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

The scoring is advanced to not be only a shootanything that moves. Rating, if i remember, comes from bounty kills plus map location
    Originally posted by Dr. Snyder
    I think pure pubs started the problem but regardless it looks like the LTers have died out so why doesn't anyone come up with an idea soley based on bring the newbs to this game. Fuck the vets this zone is dying cause people who have been playing to long can't stand change. Because this zone is some teri shivo shit right now and I gots no problem with knifing babies but leave the bitch alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Astrogirl View Post
      The scoring is advanced to not be only a shootanything that moves. Rating, if i remember, comes from bounty kills plus map location
      But it doesn't explain why some who gets 22 kills (prob 1 hour of pub play) is in the top 10 while someone who plays 100s of hrs can't get anywhere near top 10. Scores seem completely wrong and doesn't give much incentive because not many people know how it works. It should just go off the total points of base kills and flag points.

(ATM the scoring system encourages people to just play 1 decent hr, be in the top 10- then quit as they don't want to lose that decent rank).

What pub scoring system should be:

Keep it much much simpler! (So new players know how you get to be top overall pub player)

Basically the longer you base the higher rank you get instead of this crazy over complicated scoring system that myself and new players are lost to knowing how the fuck I get a decent rank?

...having said all this no one will listen anyway as if they don't want this game to improve... Kinda sad.
      Last edited by Fork; 02-20-2015, 03:26 PM.
      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Pub should be ranked by flag control time. Whichever player controls the flag the longest is the better player.

I can kinda settle for ranking by points, but competitive basing isn't based on points anymore so pub shouldn't be either.

Comment

The stats for individual ships seem to be broken.

Just look at my overall stats and compare it to my terr stats. Even though I've only used terrier, the stats don't match. The average is different.

Then look at the top terrier players. I'm only number 9 with a rating of 237, even though if you click on my profile it says my terrier rating is 2000-something.

But yeah, the rating stat is determined by average points per kill more than anything I think. I still don't really know, because you can see people like quil always end up in the top 10 with totally mediocre stats and averages.

Comment

VIE wrote the ratings algorithm, complain to them
            The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
            SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mango. View Post
              The stats for individual ships seem to be broken.

Just look at my overall stats and compare it to my terr stats. Even though I've only used terrier, the stats don't match. The average is different.

Then look at the top terrier players. I'm only number 9 with a rating of 237, even though if you click on my profile it says my terrier rating is 2000-something.

But yeah, the rating stat is determined by average points per kill more than anything I think. I still don't really know, because you can see people like quil always end up in the top 10 with totally mediocre stats and averages.
              Rating = (points from kills x 10 + (wins - losses) x 100) / (wins + 100)

that is how your R is calculated, thus killing while having a high bounty count will boost it by a significant amount -- terriers often have a great advantage. I believe our site uses an algorithm very similar to that one.

Comment

Another issue, it is very hard to view top pub players on tw website. You literally have to click another link on the home page to view the top pub players. If we really wanted pub to be more appealing, the best way would be to have the top 5 overall pub players on the the home page... But make it obvious and clear. That would give some incentive as players may want there name clearly visible on the main page... Not on some hard to find side link. If a simpler ranking system was put in place then people would know clearly how to get rank 1 for them to appear on the the home page.

I could be completely wrong but I know if I was a new player, that's what could get me to pub more.

Comment

If I was a new player, I wouldn't care.

You can sort the players by other criteria too, you know.

Comment

Working...
                  X