Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWEL Qualifying Deadline Pushed Back 2 Weeks (And other stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWEL Qualifying Deadline Pushed Back 2 Weeks (And other stuff)

The deadline for qualifying has been extended from March 1st to Sunday, March 15th at 11:59PM EST. During qualifying we've had to deal with the bot not recording duels for a few days and I was just notified that many players have been unable to duel because of a HopOne (30%+ ploss) lag that occured from last Thursday until yesterday.

We've also dealt with the reemergence of elim just one week after qualifying, which resulted in a big dip in duel activity compared to last season (which is expected and good for the zone). I think we reached something like 5500 duels at the end of qualifying, now we're only a little over 2000 duels and with the dueling requirements doubled compared to last year, I'd be left with having a 16 man tournament for every league, which I don't want. So I've decided to reduce the required games to 15 for wb, 15 for jav, 5 for spid and keep 3 for lanc.

Some updates zreqdf helped add to the bot:

- WB res limits are now in effect to get players used to the playoffs and so that I can test the bot further. 1280x1024 or 1440x900 are the max resolutions you can use for twel-d

- You can now duel someone up to 8 times in one day. Will be lowered again if I see people abusing this.

FRIENDLY REMINDER: YOU CANT CHERRY PICK ALL YOUR OPPONENTS AND EXPECT TO BE INVITED TO THE PLAYOFFS. YOU HAVE TO DUEL OTHER TOP COMPETITION: No pussies will be accepted and I will be viewing duels soon and warning those who do not meet the criteria.

Good luck
    PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
    ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Originally posted by Mythril View Post
    The deadline for qualifying has been extended from March 1st to Sunday, March 15th at 11:59PM EST. During qualifying we've had to deal with the bot not recording duels for a few days and I was just notified that many players have been unable to duel because of a HopOne (30%+ ploss) lag that occured from last Thursday until yesterday.

We've also dealt with the reemergence of elim just one week after qualifying, which resulted in a big dip in duel activity compared to last season (which is expected and good for the zone). I think we reached something like 5500 duels at the end of qualifying, now we're only a little over 2000 duels and with the dueling requirements doubled compared to last year, I'd be left with having a 16 man tournament for every league, which I don't want. So I've decided to reduce the required games to 15 for wb, 15 for jav, 5 for spid and keep 3 for lanc.

Some updates zreqdf helped add to the bot:

- WB res limits are now in effect to get players used to the playoffs and so that I can test the bot further. 1280x1024 or 1440x900 are the max resolutions you can use for twel-d

- You can now duel someone up to 8 times in one day. Will be lowered again if I see people abusing this.

FRIENDLY REMINDER: YOU CANT CHERRY PICK ALL YOUR OPPONENTS AND EXPECT TO BE INVITED TO THE PLAYOFFS. YOU HAVE TO DUEL OTHER TOP COMPETITION: No pussies will be accepted and I will be viewing duels soon and warning those who do not meet the criteria.

Good luck

I think the max res should be 1440x1024 as it is normal for a laptop or desktop monitor to have that on a window mode i already am using window mode and bot shows 1440x1016 and I've been using that with twdd
    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Working...
    X